Which country is best at gaming?

Jubbsy

Jan 1, 2010
Every Nation has a least one gamer, most have many more.

Each nation has different cultures and lifestyles that must improve/weaken their gaming skillz.
Which nation is best?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
For sheer dedication, I have to mention South Korea. They take Starcraft as seriously as 14-year-old me took baseball, with better results and fewer injuries.

inpachi

Apr 17, 2009
For shooters i gotta say that America is top.. Just because well we love our shooters.. But for pretty much any other genre.. Its a tie between China Korea and Japan.. Have you ever seen a true pro Korean Gamer? THEY ARE FUCKING INSANE! Then again i think about the shooter thing i said earlier.. and i gotta say that china is pretty good to.. SO they might even be better than us..

Jubbsy

Jan 1, 2010
Skarin said:
I am assuming it depends on the genre of game.

I doubt one country is good at all games.
Sorry, I meant Gaming in general. WHo is the best overall.

Jubbsy

Jan 1, 2010
terroristteddy said:
America=fps
europe=anything other than an fps
Asia=Not enough time between communism and sax
Japan=embodienment of videogames(no duh)
Or something like this. Devide it into Genres.

M4rsch

Feb 21, 2009
Aye it'd propably be China. What with there being such a goddamn lot of them, too.
I'm afraid I don't quite see how Americans are best in EffPeeEsses. I'd bet a German against a Yankee any day. Those guys have waaay too much time on their hands. They're easily best in Europe.
Chinese still rock school though.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Whatever country has the most starvation related deaths due to negelect in order to get in some solid 3 day CS benges is probaby the winner. I believe that was Taiwan. could be wrong.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Cmwissy said:
China

No question.
Not for long they won't be. They've restricted Net access, they were planning to restrict WoW (anyone know how that went by the way?), it's only a matter of time before they turn into a stricter version of Australia.

-Pod- said:
Whatever country has the most starvation related deaths due to negelect in order to get in some solid 3 day CS benges is probaby the winner. I believe that was Taiwan. could be wrong.
Or there was the Swedish kid who is now epileptic after spending 52 hours solid playing Wrath Of The Lich King when it came out?

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
South Korea. Gaming is a job to them, some of them earn more in 3 years that many people will in a lifetime.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
I have a friend who came from south Korea. He said he wasn't much of a gamer, but did play from time to time. To this day, I cannot beat him in any rts. At all. Even ones he's never played before. So my vote goes to south Korea, where even the "non-gamers" pwn.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Cmwissy said:
China or South Korea; Possibly Japan.

No question.
On average, the Japanese aren't too good at most video games. Ever noticed that the normal settings for Europe and Japan are usually different?

As has already been stated, South Korea could kick every other countries ass when it comes to gaming.