Which developer has the most personality?

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Simple concept, really. Which developer/game company do you believe does the best job of GR (Gamer Relations), whether that means catering to all their fans, creating an excellent online community, or telling it like it is?

Personally, I would pick Capcom for their reaction to the whole "Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop" debacle. [http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v372/155/111/606328985/n606328985_1566759_2638.jpg] Honorable mention to the Resistance: FoM crew for the amusing blog that they had running up until the game's release, which featured amusing posts such as 'Top 10 Saved by the Bell episodes.

What about you guys?

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
Valve! how do they cater? they have a life mission to make the best damn games out there, even if it takes them forever( in valve time). I respect valve, and i treat the company as the epitome of what a dedicated group of people can achieve. Also, they have some sick way of getting their developers and coders to work on a project.(they choose what part of the project they want to work on!)

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Acitivision has the most personality the same way [s/]Hitler[/s] (EDIT:) Ebenezer Scrooge had a lot of personality.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I'm going to guess that Valve features heavily over this thread.
For good reason though, they have excellent fan service and always pack a lot of humour into their games.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
NC Soft. At least, their City of Heroes division. Back Alley Brawler and Castle especially.

S53

Jul 18, 2009
Bethesda devs quite frequently interact with their Forum members. They're pretty cool guys.

DAMG

Feb 16, 2009
As much as I hate them, Bungie has by far the best "personality." They update their matchmaking options often, they play their game, weekly news updates every Friday on their site, they interview staff members, and have some podcasts, they really go all out. Not too many game companies give you news after their flagship title is released.

I just dislike that they're so multiplayer focused.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Markgraf said:
Controversial image below.
Ah, Daikatana if I'm not mistaken. God.. How I wish to erase those memories..

OT: Does Tim Schaffer count? And if so, him, all the way.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Volition, mainly for taking a video of a Photoshopped Ostrich Hammer in Red Faction:Geurilla and made it a real weapon in in-game.
Yes, this, this, this. Nothing says fan service more than that.

Trendkill6

Dec 14, 2008
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Markgraf said:
Controversial image below.
Ah, Daikatana if I'm not mistaken. God.. How I wish to erase those memories..

OT: Does Tim Schaffer count? And if so, him, all the way.
If you can count Schaffer then I can count Hideo Kojima.
Crazy duck riding bastard.

Strawb

May 21, 2009
I'm gonna say either Valve or Blizzard. Valve because they really let the community take part in expanding and developing games, and because of their general humor in games.

Blizzard because of their way of putting in things from the real world in their games, and their success in creating games. Also, their way of getting the fanbase into their developing by creating conventions and stuff like that.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I've never played a Valve game, but people always go on about how amazing they are to their fans, so I guess I'll pick them.
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Acitivision has the most personality the same way Hitler had a lot of personality.
I'm not sure you can attack his personality, what with the whole "godlike charisma" bit.
His actions, on the other hand...
Fair enough I suppose, I will edit it momentarily with a metaphor hopefully more fitting to your will.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
I'm going to leave my first instinct of "Valve" at the door and say either Nintendo or Grasshopper Manufacture.

I mean, Nintendo. C'mon. You can recognize a Nintendo game from a MILE away.

And Grasshopper... No More Heroes. Do I have to say more?