Which fictional character would you like to meet the most?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
If you could meet any fictional character for a dinner conversation, who'd it be? And you need to be realistic here--I know that Hannibal Lecter is cool, but would you dare to be so close to him?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
The Na'vi. Going tribal on an alien world would be hella fun.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Easy. Gandalf. So many questions I have for him, and he has so many stories to tell and so much wisdom to share. The things we could talk about...

Second place would be Luke Skywalker.

Voidrunner

Feb 26, 2011
Daria from Daria. The answer probably changes depending on what I've been watching/reading lately, but right now it'd be Daria, since I'm re-watching for I think the fourth time. I think I could learn a lifetime of sarcasm just from one conversation along with maybe some writing advice. Also, if for the purposes of the question the character we choose is pulled into current times, it'd be cool to hear her opinions on current events or all the advances in technology since the nineties.

Other than that, I'm not sure, I'd probably like to have one of my own characters turn up, just to see how they'd behave outside the story but that's not really interesting.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Well, from the thread title I was going to say The Doctor but for a dinner? That's more difficult.
A couple have already been said, so I'd probably go and say Superman. The animated series Superman, not Man of Steel Superman.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Ohhhh... That's a good question. I might actually choose Zoe who is one of my own fictional characters. Barring that though, I'd say... Oh man, so many. Atrus from the Myst universe. Or Polgara from The Belgariad. I can't tell which one would be more fascinating.

Xsjadoblayde said:

In all polite seriousness though, what would you ask him?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Some of mine, of course, but barring that, hmmm...

I think...Q.

For, not only is it possible for such an entity to just pop in from the aether and suggest a nice place to eat, but he'd be fun and engaging. Of course, I would have to apologize for the time period that I'm living in, considering Trump and all, but at least we could take the piss out of him like there's no tomorrow...because there could be.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The problem with that is that fictional characters have no autonomy, so I fear a dinner date would just result in them lifelessly sitting in a chair. I guess that's kind of a buzzkill.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
MiskWisk said:
Well, from the thread title I was going to say The Doctor but for a dinner? That's more difficult.
I would still go with The Doctor. Which one? Either 4 (T. Baker), 5 (Davidson), 7 (McCoy), 9 (Eccleston), or 11 (Smith).

FalloutJack said:
I think...Q.

For, not only is it possible for such an entity to just pop in from the aether and suggest a nice place to eat, but he'd be fun and engaging. Of course, I would have to apologize for the time period that I'm living in, considering Trump and all, but at least we could take the piss out of him like there's no tomorrow...because there could be.
Also Q could turn Trump into an eggplant or something for giggles.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Lex Luthor. To pick his brain for real humanity's scientific, economic and political gain (how to cleanly get rid of #45), as well as my own financial gain (nothing huge, I just want to be able to comfortably afford a house and family). All the other fictional comic book billionaires inherited their fortunes.

Of course, most of his advice would likely involve some kind of grossly unethical action possibly involving murder and blackmail, but that's my decision whether to go through with it or not... Maybe David Xanatos would be the more pleasant dinner conversationalist despite having a lower intellect. He did get a leg up of $25,000 early on through some time travelling shenanigans, but the rest of his fortune was made relatively fair and square, or at least through more ethical means than Lexcorp.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Canadamus Prime said:
Well, since this is a dinner I'd probably go with Matt Smith's Doctor. While he's not my favourite he is probably the incarnation who would be the most enjoyable to sit down for a meal with. Number 10 could be a bit standoffish, 9 would probably be a bit scary, War would be depressing, 12 doesn't really seem like the sort to enjoy to just sit down and enjoy a meal, and I don't have enough experience with other Doctors to give an opinion.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Arnoxthe1 said:

In all polite seriousness though, what would you ask him?
If it would be okay to start another world war. Teehee! Actually, would avoid the obvious question such as "whhhyyy, you cruel bastard??" Maybe a lengthy philosophical chat over a 14 course meal (and a few glasses of heady wine to get some home truths out) I hope God's paying though, it's not like they're strapped for cash or anything. But I would definitely have to ask at some point whether a person's stream of consciousness ends at death for good, so I can know for sure how much of my life's wasted for each second not working on a timeless masterpiece that'll inspire countless generations ahead.
Oh and why Scientology hasn't been swiftly dealt with behind the garden shed yet. Some other stuff too. I hope they have a sense of humour, else that wine's going to waste.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Tough call, but I'm gonna narrow it down to either Sir Samuel Vimes (Discworld), Optimus Prime (Transformers), Sans (Undertale) or Discord (My Little Pony). And that's just off the top of my head..

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Princess Celestia. Who doesn't want to meet horse god?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Me, aged 18 before the accident that basically cost me huge chunks of my memory (scarred my frontal lobe to boot), and jumbled up and mishmashed them to the point where I question whether they happened in the way that they happened with the people I imagine them happening with if I think about them too long. It's hard to describe.

Point is, memory is shit in general but for the average person it has a decent consistency of being flawed, capable of being rewritten, and in general shittiness. But mine is basically a blender that I pieced together with notes, talking with people I knew, and other records. So basically everything before 18 is questionable at best. Someof the stuff happened, but the emotionality of the event is somewhat weird. How to put it ... imagine breaking up with someone, but everytime you think of them you remember being happy, and you feeling happy because you always remember being happy, but not being able to figure out why or making the logical assumption that you must then be with that person and still be with that personbecause you are happy, only to find out you're not. Then suddenly you're depressed ... and angry... like 25% of recovering from a bad TBI is you being angry putting reality back together or creating one that at least makes enough sense.

I need some shit sorted out, so I'm going to go with who I think I was at 18 or younger (though not much younger because who really needs to relive childhood?) and get some answers.

Either that or Volothamp Geddarm. Sounds like a fun guy and I'm a massive nerd.