Which franchise did Hollywood ruin more? Twilight or Eragon?

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Both Twilight and Eragon had humble beginnings as charming, well written, and fairly successful fantasy novels. Unfortunately, they also have another thing in common; their movie adaptations were both shit. They both clipped numerous scenes from the book, hired pale-white pretty boys to play the lead, and overall, left the viewers with a feeling close to having shit kicked out of you by a Russian dominatrix.

But which do you think was worse? The Eragon movie? Or the Twilight movie?

Keep in one thing in mind: the only winners here are the people who didn't see the movie.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Eragon. It was the only one I saw and read and therefore, cared about. They tore the book to shreds in that movie. It was like they read three or four chapters, said fuck it and got the rest of the story from an ADD dyslexic who skimmed the book once.

Jul 9, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Eragon. It actually had a good book, than they wrecked it, as with Twilight it's an equal fail amount.
I agree. Plus, many Twilight fans actually enjoyed the movie, whereas most Eragon fans hate theirs.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Eragon. There was nothing to ruin in Twilight.

It's like Hollywood trashed a dump when they made Twilight.
But it's like Hollywood trashed a holy temple when they made Eragon.

Major_Sam

Aug 27, 2008
I was forced to see both movies at the cinema. Physcially forced. Thank god I locked myself in my underground bunker for a week while my friends were trying to get me to see the Jonas Brothers movie in 3D. *shudder*

Eragon was an alright book. It made sense and was all hunky-dory. But yeah the movie did wreck the book more than Twilight. Twilight didn't need a movie to be cringe worthy.

Riding on Thermals

Aug 28, 2008
-Zen- said:
So you're saying that Twilight was charming and well-written?
THANK YOU! As I was reading the OP I was praying to God this had already been mentioned. Stephanie Meyers's 4-piece shit-a-thon was neither charming nor was it well-written. I've read better fan fiction.

To the original point: Eragon. Because it was actually a decent story that was lobotomized for film. I can't say that Hollywood ruined Twilight since it already did a excellent job of that on its own.

Also, OP, the pale white pretty-boy signed to Twilight was somewhat crucial, no? Considering the absurd amount of text dedicated solely to the character's looks in the book, it would have been pretty difficult to hire anyone else.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Eragon: it had something to ruin. Twilight... not so much. It seems to be written by a first grader with an addiction to terrible soap-operas.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Eragon, a thousand million times over.
There are some things so bad the human mind can not forget them. Eragon was one of those things. I cannot even begin to list what was wrong with that movie.
Also, why didn't you add a poll?

The Inquisitive Mug

Jul 11, 2008
While we're on the subject, did anyone else thing Bella looked like she was going to cream in every scene? She wouldn't stop nibbling on her bottom lip, and it looked like she was getting ready to tear her clothes off over something as small as a glass of water that Edward sneezed on.

Riding on Thermals

Aug 28, 2008
orannis62 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Eragon. It actually had a good book, than they wrecked it, as with Twilight it's an equal fail amount.
I agree. Plus, many Twilight fans actually enjoyed the movie, whereas most Eragon fans hate theirs.
Considering Twilight's fan base, this really doesn't mean much. The fact that they enjoyed the books in the first place proved that their threshold for quality was set somewhat below average...