Which Free PSN Games Are You Going For?

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Are those the choices? I don't own a PSP and I have ALL of the PS3 ones listed :(

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
Three games I already own, and two I have absolutely no interest in...

I was really hoping they would just give us some actual credit, and let us buy whatever we wanted on the PSN.

Sorry Sony, but you're going to have to do a little better if you ever want my business in the future.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
inFamous and LPB. I've been meaning to check out inFamous for a while, and while I've had no true interest in LPB, I'll definitely take it if it's free.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this, I thought for sure we were just going to get some obscure indie games. Bad ones, at that.

blacon

Mar 19, 2010
Quoted from the EU blog:

"Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever."

Meaning....we don't get to keep these free games? We can only play them for the 30 days of the PS Plus subscription? Is this true?

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
blacon said:
Quoted from the EU blog:

"Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever."

Meaning....we don't get to keep these free games? We can only play them for the 30 days of the PS Plus subscription? Is this true?
So don't actually get the games we just 'rent' them for 30 days? o.0

If that is the case then that's pure fail. With my crappy internet connection it would probably take my 30 days for download both games! ^^

Can anyone shed any light on this?

blacon

Mar 19, 2010
Just re-read the article and I actually think it's talking about the other free games that come with the PS Plus subscription, i.e the free PS1 game. Hopefully we'll get to keep the 2 PS3 games..

rockoffanddie

Apr 8, 2009
well europe is a little different, ratchet and clank quest for booty instead of super stardust, but for me it will be dead nation and wipeout as i have the rest, but ive been interested in them for a while anyway so im happy, btw i would definatly recommend any of the others as they are all very good.

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
blacon said:
Just re-read the article and I actually think it's talking about the other free games that come with the PS Plus subscription, i.e the free PS1 game. Hopefully we'll get to keep the 2 PS3 games..
Yeah, seems I jumped the gun a little, should have read a little more before posting, my mistake. Just had a look on the 'Sony apology story' page and this is on there....

"All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever."

Now all I need to do is decide on which games to get. I'm thinking dead nation as I like to play co-op with my mate when he comes round and probably infamous.

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
yeah, the free games in question are for keepsies. Also the article I orignially read this on specifically said that anything downloaded with the playstation plus discount (which presumably includes the 100% discount on some ps1 games) can be kept at no further price after your 30 days is up.

OT: I already own LBP, but the other 4 options are making me stop and think. I don't really do racers, but i have fond memories of wipeout from when I was young. Dead Nation and Stardust look like highly polished versions of anything you can find on Newgrounds, but they look to be very polished indeed. I've never actually played an R&C game, which I have been meaning to, but I'm not 100% on whether Australia gets that or Stardust. And I'm told Infamous is too similar to Prototype to bother getting both, and I already own Prototype. I'm just disappointed Modnation Racers isn't available for the PS3.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Sadly I already have Ratchet and Clank, inFamous and Wipeout so I have to get Dead Nation and LBP, but considering I've been meaning to get LBP for a while, I can't complain.

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
I already have inFamous ans LBP, so I'm going to get Dead Nation and Super Stardust. You can't go wrong with zombies and Geometry Wars.

crusha_aa

Feb 27, 2008
I havem most the games their offering but i will probably go with Dead Nation and Pursuit Force or LBP PSP.

I would highly recommend Wipeout HD for those that dont already have it, brilliant game.

Death-of-Penguins

Mar 2, 2010
Probably inFamous, and cause I live in the UK, Ratchet and Clank. Yup. There's PSP games too, but I haven't picked them yet.

Rimefrost

Mar 30, 2009
I already own inFamous and LBP, which are the two I would get if i didn't have them. So I guess I'm going for Super Stardust and... not really sure about the other two, I don't particularly want either of them but since they're free...

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Definately Infamous. Seems most people are gonna choose that if they didnt already have it. I dunno about the others. I already have LBP2, which already has all the content of the first one plus a story mode. I'll let my girlfriend choose I guess.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Seeing as how I've never played the original LBP, I'm tempted into downloading it. Although I'm still unsure of whether I want to play it or not.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I already own inFamous (which would have been one of my choices), so that's that out of contention, but I'm definitely going to get LittleBig Planet. As for my second choice, it's between Wipeout HD, or Dead Nation - I haven't heard anything about it, so it'd be a gamble...