Which game do you think when you hear the short form GOW

Siegfried Raybrandt

Jul 3, 2011
The games I mean are God of War and Gears of War. Which do you think of first when you hear this short form? I think of God of War, but that's just me.

And please, let's keep this civil

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Gears of War...

I don't really know anyone who plays the God of War games, so I suppose that makes sense. Personally, I don't like either series.

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
I have an irrational hatred for abbreviations but GOW indeed implies gears of war. Its the one I've played of the two after all.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
god of war on the fact that they were first (i think) when i hear gears i think of gears of war.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Annoyingly gears.

I even owned and loved the first God of war. And I used to think that whenever I saw GOW. But I've been hanging around this site too often, where everyone seems to love talking about gears.

Dammit, I'm gonna force myself to think God whenever I see GOW, no matter how little sense that will make.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Uh.. God of War, actually. Haven't played either one though, so it's not really a matter of preference.

Then again, WC3 makes me think of Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger, not of WarCraft...

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
saruman31 said:
God of War. You should make a pool.
I'm all for the OP making a pool (if they want) but I'm not sure that many of us would really see the benefit of it.

Anyway, GOW makes me think of Gears of War too. Guess that's just because it's the series I've played the most.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
God of War. Gears of War is just Gears.

Also, somehow, the first thing I thought of was "game of the year". GOW. Game of the war? Game of the wear?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
God of War.

I've never called Gears of War GOW, just Gears. I know every time I see that acronym and it's used for Gears it throws me off, it's all rather confusing.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
I think pissed off steroid addict shouting their problems away. it's like both games used my step-dad as the main character.

but to answer the question better, god of war.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Grapes of Wrath, it was written in 1939 by the great John Steinback.

http://library.syr.edu/digital/exhibits/g/GrapesOfWrath/lgimage/GrapesOfWrath.jpg

I never did see the film adaptation...

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
God of war dispite the fact i've never played the series. i relate Gears of war to Gears though.