Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
BlackWidower said:
AdmiralMemo said:
Of course, that now has me thinking of the Grid getting a Net connection and what would happen if someone typed "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" on the keyboard. Can you imagine the whole-sale reconfiguration of the Grid like that?
Imagine being on the grid when that happens. That would be scary. Suddenly, the building had colour! Holy shit!!!
That's kind of what I was getting at. :-D

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I would of love for them to make-
Phantom Crash 2
Gotch Force 2
Republic Commando 2
Metal Arms 2
Timesplitter 4 (Ok I read this is in the work but I see a trailer anytime soon, I consider it to be dead for the time being.)
F-Zero GX 2

The worst offender got to be no Okamiden 2. That game was fantastic and why the hell didn't the Japanese buy more of it??? (I mean the sales figure was 66,000 copies in Japan while the USA was 200,000 when it was first release on the PS2.)
Ok sure we eventually got Okamiden but for some stupid reason they made it niche so it was only sold online (I never once see a phyiscal copy of it in a retrail stop).

Char12

Sep 14, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
I think I speak for many people when I say...

Star Wars: Battlefront III

Curse you EA!!!!!
Its being made by Spark Unlimited

and for me Legacy of Kain

Mar 9, 2010
Where's Battlefront 3 and Hogs of War 2, eh?

Why do these two classics not have monetary backing? These games were out of this world, why are there no sequels?

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Honey Badger said:
Psyconauts 2.... a man can dream...
Also, Beyond Good and Evil 2. Technically it's "under developement", but it sure is taking its dear sweet time getting here :mad:
In regards to Psyconauts 2 be careful what you wish for, the creative spark would be dimmed no doubt and personally I think it ended on a good note, lets leave it be methinks.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Fenris Frost said:
With out a doubt, it is Shenmue 3. Sure I love the Yakuza games and am eagerly anticipating the fifth and 'Of The End' (Though we don't get Kenzan ever :( ) but Shenmue 2 was the first game that staggered me visually. Add to that the aesthetic, the plot, the combat INVENTING QTE (however much they're overused now it was big news on the Dreamcast) plus a genuinely likeable protagonist.
I agree, Shenmue was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. I know I'll never see a sequel to Vagrant Story. Of course now it would be just a bunch of creepy talking mannequins and the battle system would probably control itself.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
WET 2. a third FEAR game that wasn't crap. Saw 3 (Despite hating Flesh and Blood, I believe the series has lots of potential. At any rate, the first one was brilliant)

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Wandering_Hero said:
A sequal to Bloody Roar 2. 3, Primal Fury and ****ing 4 are not sequels, their bad knockoffs. A Sequal would actually use the mechanics in BR2, rather than the button mashing nonsense that came later (try to button mash in Br2 and you'll just get raped)
While I agree with on on BR4, and ENTIRELY dissagree with you on primal fury...

[HEADING=1]FREAKING THIS!!![/HEADING]

Come on konami!! The whole BR5 hoax incident should have shown you the fans are still waiting!!

Tim Chambers said:
robotech game
I recall a n64 one, was pretty cool.
Red Mammoth said:
Black and White 3
This! twould be the best game ever if combined with From Dust's tech.
Syzygy23 said:
a sequel to Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Seconded.
Nazulu said:
A proper sequel to SSB Melee; [SNIP]Also would of liked the Zelda series to continue after Majora's Mask instead of repeating the same stupid legend.
Dethenger said:
Majora's Mask followup.
I've covered this topic so much that I had a entire page of links to topics on the escapist made by me on the subject(Majoras mask). Can't find it now though. And yes, new Smash bros.
JoesshittyOs said:
Mirror's Edge 2.
Yes please!
randomguy425 said:
Sequel to Kirby's Air Ride
Yes! More of the city mode especially!
ConstantErasing said:
A sequel to The World Ends With You
Never finished the first one, though what i did play was awesome.
HalfBakedCheeto said:
I mean, where's my third Dark Cloud?
This, this THIS!

Best RPG I EVER played. Then my save file got deleted....

Osaka117 said:
Pokemon Snap 2.

646 pokemon. Seriously Nintendo. SERIOUSLY
It'd be perfect for the WiiU

thespyisdead said:
also the not so kiddie friendly Spore... i need MOAR BLAAAAD!!!
This, though the spore that actually came out is not as bad as EA and everybody else would make it seem.

It's still an amazing game and creation tool, well worth the 60 I payed for the galactic edition.

MisterM2402 said:
Ura Zelda (almost like an expansion pack to Ocarina of Time - new tunics, new dungeons, etc.)
Sonic Adventure 3
Ura Zelda turned into MM, but yes, SA3. Hell, just release SA2 with new models, textures, and lighting.

But more chao garden stuff. Or just a chao garden game.

Besides nearly listing every game I loved as a child, there are a few not mentioned yet:

- Vilgilante 8 3
- War of the Monsters 2
- Pokemon stadium 3

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
Where's my Star Wars Battlefront 3? Huh? I played the crap outta the first two, and would for someone to make a third one.
I'd also like for a Saboteur 2, but since pandemic closed I doubt either of these games will happen.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
System Shock 3 is the obvious one along with a follow-up to Grim Fandango. These have pretty no probability of happening since they both have licensing issues.

Half-Life 3
Mirror's Edge 2
World in Conflict 2
Company of Heroes 2

While both Crysis and Battlefield technically have sequels I wouldn't for my life call the abomination Crysis 2 a follow-up and Battlefield 3, while still good, lacks the proper "oomph" that it could deliver.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:
Wandering_Hero said:
A sequal to Bloody Roar 2. 3, Primal Fury and ****ing 4 are not sequels, their bad knockoffs. A Sequal would actually use the mechanics in BR2, rather than the button mashing nonsense that came later (try to button mash in Br2 and you'll just get raped)
While I agree with on on BR4, and ENTIRELY dissagree with you on primal fury...

[HEADING=1]FREAKING THIS!!![/HEADING]

Come on konami!! The whole BR5 hoax incident should have shown you the fans are still waiting!!

Tim Chambers said:
robotech game
I recall a n64 one, was pretty cool.
Red Mammoth said:
Black and White 3
This! twould be the best game ever if combined with From Dust's tech.
Syzygy23 said:
a sequel to Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Seconded.
Nazulu said:
A proper sequel to SSB Melee; [SNIP]Also would of liked the Zelda series to continue after Majora's Mask instead of repeating the same stupid legend.
Dethenger said:
Majora's Mask followup.
I've covered this topic so much that I had a entire page of links to topics on the escapist made by me on the subject(Majoras mask). Can't find it now though. And yes, new Smash bros.
JoesshittyOs said:
Mirror's Edge 2.
Yes please!
randomguy425 said:
Sequel to Kirby's Air Ride
Yes! More of the city mode especially!
ConstantErasing said:
A sequel to The World Ends With You
Never finished the first one, though what i did play was awesome.
HalfBakedCheeto said:
I mean, where's my third Dark Cloud?
This, this THIS!

Best RPG I EVER played. Then my save file got deleted....

Osaka117 said:
Pokemon Snap 2.

646 pokemon. Seriously Nintendo. SERIOUSLY
It'd be perfect for the WiiU

thespyisdead said:
also the not so kiddie friendly Spore... i need MOAR BLAAAAD!!!
This, though the spore that actually came out is not as bad as EA and everybody else would make it seem.

It's still an amazing game and creation tool, well worth the 60 I payed for the galactic edition.

MisterM2402 said:
Ura Zelda (almost like an expansion pack to Ocarina of Time - new tunics, new dungeons, etc.)
Sonic Adventure 3
Ura Zelda turned into MM, but yes, SA3. Hell, just release SA2 with new models, textures, and lighting.

But more chao garden stuff. Or just a chao garden game.

Besides nearly listing every game I loved as a child, there are a few not mentioned yet:

- Vilgilante 8 3
- War of the Monsters 2
- Pokemon stadium 3
About the bloody roar thing:

See that spike at the 3rd quarter of this year? That was from the hoax incident.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
I dunno about NEVER happened... but I really hope the rumors of a Mirror's Edge II prove to be true.

debra_ beretta

Sep 8, 2010
Sinister Minister said:
Absolutely no mention of TimeSplitters 4.

I am disappoint, gamers.
Words stolen from my typing hands. TS is one of my most favourite series- the characters alone are brillint (Robot Louis Stephenson?! Hah!) I'd love ZOE3, Dark Cloud 3, something to finish off XIII, and another S.T.A.L.K.E.R (although I heard there was one in the making...)

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
javelinstark said:
i am alive

that game was so simple and looked so promising
It's still coming out, On XBLA and PSN, I believe.

OT:Star Wars Battlefront 3 - the others were so freak'in good.

Alpha Protocol 2 - I liked the original, damn it!

A Real Dragon Age Sequel - DA2 was fine, but It changed the focus of the story away from the Grey Wardens and featured an all new main character. Now The 3rd is supposed to dump the main character from the Second game and come up with an all new one again! It's like Bioware can't make up it's mind and decide what the hell they want to do with the sequel. Pick a bloody character and stick with that main character for more than One Bloody Game!

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
1. Project Eden 2
2. System Shock 3
3. stalker 2
4. Hellforces 2
5. You Are Empty 2

4/5 The originals were really awful, but they were so bad they were good!