Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

LokiSuaveHP

Feb 21, 2010
Freespace 3 - the first two were so good, and I believe developers have been quote as saying "We have people who would commit murder to make Freespace 3." They just haven't been green-lighted.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Honey Badger said:
Psyconauts 2.... a man can dream...
Also, Beyond Good and Evil 2. Technically it's "under developement", but it sure is taking its dear sweet time getting here :mad:
Damn, ninja'ed.

(Also, awesome handle and avatar ^^)

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Dreamfall Chapters and Culpa Innata 2. Both have been said to have been in some stage of development at some time in the past. I live in hope.

Psychonauts and Beyond Good & Evil were complete enough in themselves I think. Similar games would be welcome, but not ones extending the existing stories, not unless they were really good.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
Star Wars: Battlefield III, why are you tormenting me?
We have been waiting for so long!, but one day it will come.
One day...

Terminal Remedy

Feb 12, 2009
Breakdown 2. The original Breakdown was one of my favorite original xbox games and left off on such a cliffhanger, plus with current technology, it wouldn't be too tough to polish those clunky (yet awesome) first person fighting controls.
And also, Jade Empire 2, because it's about god damned time.

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
Mcoffey said:
Knights of the Old Republic 3 would have been lovely. The Old Republic is too detached from the KOTOR games story to really be a sequel to me.

Half Life 2: Episode Three.

It haunts my dreams, forever eluding me...
Fenris Frost said:
With out a doubt, it is Shenmue 3. Sure I love the Yakuza games and am eagerly anticipating the fifth and 'Of The End' (Though we don't get Kenzan ever :( ) but Shenmue 2 was the first game that staggered me visually. Add to that the aesthetic, the plot, the combat INVENTING QTE (however much they're overused now it was big news on the Dreamcast) plus a genuinely likeable protagonist.
Damn it, double ninja'd on the first page! Though I personally am still psyched for SWTOR...

Uuuuuum... Last Remnant I guess, the combat system had so much potential, but the poor reviews, bad scaling and wasted potential meant the original didn't sell well enough for THAT to ever happen.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Discworld got mentioned a couple of times. Man, I would LOVE a point and click (or similar in 3D) Sam Vimes case. And Terry has to be involved, of course, it needs his stamp of approval.

Or a Witches adventure, that would be great too.

We've seen enough Rincewind, I suppose, but Vimes or the witches would make excellent adventure game material.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Freelancer was awesome. Freelancer 2 was in development, but Microsoft decided to buy Digital Anvil and can the whole project.

So yeah, Freelancer 2.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
BlackWidower said:
There was a game called Advent Rising. It wasn't a great game, though you did get a telekinesis power which you could use to throw bad guys into power conduits, but my problem is, it ended on a cliffhanger, and It never got a sequel. It was supposed to, but it didn't. They planned a trilogy, they didn't get one.
*jumps for joy*

Another human being has played that. Yes!

I also second Starcraft: Ghost and Prince of Persia (2008). Fuck you, Ubisoft. I want the story finished.

On that note, Penny Arcade: Volume three. There should be a rule banning a cliff hanger unless there is a guarantee of the sequel.

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
Skoldpadda said:
Discworld got mentioned a couple of times. Man, I would LOVE a point and click (or similar in 3D) Sam Vimes case. And Terry has to be involved, of course, it needs his stamp of approval.
There was that old point'n'click Discworld Noir, set in Ankh-Morpok which had an ex-Watchman turned PI investigating a case. It was for Windows 95 though, and I don't think it's available on anything like gog.com

For me, there's 2. Vandal Hearts was supposed to get a remake/sequel/prequel/tie-in/freakin' something for the DS that never happened. And Freedom Force: Days of Future Past was canned. So they could make Bioshock, which is all kinds of awesome, but still.

And if only there were some kind of sequel to Ace Attorney Investigations, or some kind of Ace Attorney crossover game with Professor Layton...Oh wait there totally are, they're just not releasing them outside of Japan -.-

Shadow Geo

Mar 24, 2011
2xDouble said:
A good Transformers game. (War for Cybertron was ok. Now do that, but better.)
They are, it's called Fall of Cybertron by the same people. This one will have the Dinobots!!

Howard.Murdock

May 27, 2010
MisterM2402 said:
Ura Zelda (almost like an expansion pack to Ocarina of Time - new tunics, new dungeons, etc.)
Um... This exists. It's called the Master Quest. It actually came out. You can find copies of it on E-bay for the Gamecube (It's the pre-order disc that came with Wind Waker), or you can just beat Ocarina of Time for 3DS and it unlocks Ura Zelda (A.K.A. the Master Quest). It didn't get released on the N64 like it was supposed to because the DD was canned too quickly, but they had the entire thing done before the DD died.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
KOTOR III, Battlefront III, Gladius II, Colony Wars IV, Breath of Fire VI, Croc III, Medievil III, Space Empires VI, Master of Orion IV, Jedi Academy II, Star Wars: Empire at War II, Rogue Squadron IV, Evil Genius II, Enclave II, Master of Magic II, Lords of Magic II, Icewind Dale III, Chapions of Norrath III, Wheel of Time II, Gauntlet sequel, etc, etc. You could fill a graveyard with great game series that never got the follow-ups they deserved.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Anyone remember Legacy of Kain? I would buy a PS3 just for a new one of those.
Not possible. The story was finished. And that is why its still one of my favourite series of all time.

And while we're on the topic, I find it amusing that if a series gets regular additions then people complain that companies are milking the franchise, but if they stop making games people complain that there aren't any sequels.

I think that one of the best, and hardest, things to do in story-telling is finishing the story. Most fantasy writers (notably Robert Jordan) have a problem with doing this. Tolkien was great because he wrapped up The Lord of the Rings in a nice tidy package. Having other stories in that world was okay, but that story was finished.