Which game/sequel are you most disappointed never happened?

Shadow Geo

Mar 24, 2011
We need a true sequel to F-Zero GX!!! There's no faster game, no harder racer, and no other game where only the obsessed can cross the finish line, always between the very limits of your machine to exploding to a hot scrap of metal.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Howard.Murdock said:
MisterM2402 said:
Ura Zelda (almost like an expansion pack to Ocarina of Time - new tunics, new dungeons, etc.)
Um... This exists. It's called the Master Quest. It actually came out. You can find copies of it on E-bay for the Gamecube (It's the pre-order disc that came with Wind Waker), or you can just beat Ocarina of Time for 3DS and it unlocks Ura Zelda (A.K.A. the Master Quest). It didn't get released on the N64 like it was supposed to because the DD was canned too quickly, but they had the entire thing done before the DD died.
I had a feeling someone might say this :p I've got Master Quest; it came bundled with Windwaker. It's not Ura Zelda. Ura Zelda is an actual expansion, whereas Mast Quest is just the dungeons shuffled around and made harder. In Ura Zelda, there was supposed to be a white tunic and a gold tunic, Ice and Wind medallions, some big blue great Fairy... basically, lots of extras that sounds pretty awesome! :D Too bad we'll never see it... :/

The reason it needed the DD was because it was too big to fit on one cartridge, whereas Master Quest doesn't contain anything new so is the same size as OoT.

I'd only heard the name Ura Zelda in passing before, but I just happened to stumble across some videos about it just the other day :D

http://youtu.be/9upeK5hkvbU - that one's about Ura Zelda, but he's done another few on Zelda 64 Beta too.

Also, here are some guys that are trying to create their own version of Ura Zelda :D http://www.youtube.com/user/ZethN64

Oh, and I think he was also supposed to be able to get the Triforce too.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
BlackWidower said:
Then there's Tron 2.0. Underrated in my mind. Yes the acting was shit; but the environments were surreal; and the science was soft; and the plot was solid, yet ridiculous; and I for one loved it. But it ended with a lot of questions in the air with no sequel. What happened to the fCon trio? Who's the fCon CEO? Where the fuck is Flynn!? I'd be less pissed if it was considered part of the same canon as Tron Legacy, but it wasn't.

I miss that game. Where are those CDs!?
+247
As much as I love Tron: Legacy, I'd love to see Mercury and Jet again. I know they can't include the whole of Tron 2.0 into the Legacy timeline, but still... There's no reason that the characters of Jet, Mercury, and maybe even MA3A couldn't be integrated somehow. Altered back-story, sure, but still integrated. Also, maybe Dillinger's son trying to sell the company to fCon?
Nope, can't happen, the already soft science would break. One of the primary elements was that Alan was working on restoring Digitization technology after it was lost following the fall of the MCP. So it couldn't exist to send Flynn into the Grid and get subsequently trapped there.

I say keep them as two separate canons, but still release some kind of sequel, don't abandon the awesomeness.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Diablo III, with Blizzard North.
As far as I know they had started with the game, and probably made quite some effort, when they got canned or whatever it was that happened to their section.

I'm really looking forward to the Diablo III that's coming now, in spite of getting disappointed every time they bring us news, but it would've been awesome if they had released another Diablo game back in 2002 or so.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Star Wars Battlefront 3(curse you Lucas and the recession), Half Life 2 Episode 3(curse you Gaben), Chromehounds 2(SEGA, I am VERY disappointed in you). That is all I can think of at this point.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
There are other Star Wars sequels I really wish they'd done like Republic Commando 2 and, Battlefront 3. A current gen Rouge Squadron would also be freaking great.
it hurts to think about all those, and realize they might not ever exist :'(

I was actually just thinking about those old favs recently for some reason too lol

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Timesplitters 4 - if that doesn't come out i would at least like to see 1, 2 or 3 re-released for PSN and Xbox Arcade. 16 player with custom maps would = awesome.

Legacy Of Kain: The Dark Prophecy - apparently it was six months in development in 2004 but then Eidos pulled the plug on it.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Star Wars: Republic Commando 2
KotOR 3
Beyond Good & Evil 2
and Sin Episodes - I raged when that got scrapped. You know, cliffhanger ending and all that.

Most pissed probably by the Republic Commando. This was one excellent game that deserved a worthy sequel.

kabooz18

May 27, 2009
that would be the "The Longest Journey"/Dreamfall sequel
Mirror's Edge though I hear they will make a sequel
and also Monkey Island, yes I want another one preferably not in 3D since it looks and feels better if it's just drawn.

Honey Badger

Dec 2, 2011
CaptOfSerenity said:
Honey Badger said:
Psyconauts 2.... a man can dream...
Also, Beyond Good and Evil 2. Technically it's "under developement", but it sure is taking its dear sweet time getting here :mad:
The creator said his team is waiting for the next generation of consoles because it's so ambitious.

http://www.gamesradar.com/rayman-origins-beyond-good-evil-and-state-games-industry-interview-michel-ancel/?page=2

And of course, the scope of Beyond Good & Evil is large ? you?ve got the city, the ocean, the moon and the space ship. But the space ship was designed to go from planet to planet, and it was frustrating to have those limitations. And my thing is that we really want to make the game that was previously imagined, with all this feeling of traveling. Mass Effect did a good job on that side, and I think that there are a lot of things to do to continue in that direction, with storytelling and a massive world.

GR: Is that why it won?t appear on the current generation of consoles?

MA: Yeah, yeah. That?s the reason.
Are you serious? They had to skip an entire generation of consoles for the game? Why did they even bother to show off that teaser if we're not going to get so much as some actual game footage for at least another 2-3 years?? I call shenanigans on Ubisoft.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Shadow Geo said:
2xDouble said:
A good Transformers game. (War for Cybertron was ok. Now do that, but better.)
They are, it's called Fall of Cybertron by the same people. This one will have the Dinobots!!
I'll believe it's good when I see it. Until then, Fall of Cybertron is just another movie cash-in.

...and only Grimlock is in it. Show me Slag or gtfo. heh.

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines,
Not only could the original do with a remake, but a sequel would be mindblowingly awesome.

Not forgetting, of course, KotOR, even though it's been mentioned a million times already - it really deserves a proper sequel.

*cough* Bioware's OR should have been KotOR 3 *cough*

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Terminal Remedy said:
Breakdown 2. The original Breakdown was one of my favorite original xbox games and left off on such a cliffhanger, plus with current technology, it wouldn't be too tough to polish those clunky (yet awesome) first person fighting controls.
Mein gott, I was fully expecting to be the only person to say that. I absolutely ADORED Breakdown, and was so disappointed when I heard that the team that made it got shut down. Unfortunately, they spent all their money making an excellent game with a compelling storyline and original gameplay mechanics, and didn't spend any money on actually advertising it, so nobody bought it.

Samurai Jim

Nov 9, 2009
All these choices and wished for Star Wars sequels and no mention of X-Wing or TIE Fighter? Am I that old? Best starfighter or fighter sims I've ever played.