Which game would you most like to be the protaganist of?

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Pokemon trainer all the way!

Out of interest, to the other pokemon trainers out there, who would your starter be. If you could pick anyone (no legendaries, only the basic one, not evolved- you can have Dratini but not Dragonite). Mine would probably be an Eevee, evolve it into Vaporeon soon as possible.

Dahemo

Aug 16, 2008
The only person I'd ever want to be...Trent from Freelancer, travel the galaxy in a variety of awesome ships, visit different worlds, kick the arse of everything that moved, save the universe and get the girl.

That said, I can't fathom why you all want to be Freeman, trapped in a dystopian nightmare world where conformism and martial law are the standard, and he spends every second of his days running for his life. And as for Snake, yes you'd be cool, yes you'd have amazing adventures, but he never sounds like he's having any fun and to be honest if he isn't enjoying breaking people's necks after doing it for two thousand years then I know I wouldn't...

KapnKerfuffle

May 17, 2008
The dude from the Witcher what's his name... um Geralt I think.
He gets to have dirty, medieval sex with all those chicks.

Least favorite would probably be the Bioshock guy. You have to stab yourself over and over again with those giant needles and in the end your reward is...******spoilers******
-
-
-
-

You get turned into a giant, smelly freak with his voice box torn out.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Lord Harrab post=9.69098.649983 said:
Gordan Freeman, save the world, kill evil aliens and hang out with Alex and dog, all after finishing MIT, take that school yard bullies, try and pick on me now!!!
GordOn Freeman NEVER saved the world. He fucked it up pretty badly and then he blew up a city, but he never saved the world.

SanitysRequiem

Nov 10, 2007
Final Fantasy Tactics. Ramza Beoulve.

It's pretty simple, he saves the world, but in the process of uncovering the plot to destroy it, discovering how to stop it and acting (without hesitation) upon it, he becomes maligned, branded a heretic by a corrupt church and hunted by the most powerful knights on the planet.

Simply put, he's not a whiny b!tch boy like EVERY FF male lead...ever...he's not a man's man run n' gunner. He's calm, intelligent and thoughtful and most importantly honorable. He never renicts on his word and will always do what he feels must be done.

Some more notable acts (besides the world saving business) are; casting out a fellow noble for refusing to rescue a peasant girl who was kidnapped (and for just generally being a f**king asshat), breaking into the most heavily guarded city in the nation to stop two armies from needlessly slaughtering each other (relavent to saving the world, but woulda done it anyway), never backing down from a fight when someone needs protecting (one of note: a lowly flowergirl in the slums of an large city [note, FFT came out in '97]), denouncing his noble brothers and abandoning his name when they abandon his best friend, but never turning his back on his honor and just generally being a smart (none of oblivious naive BS generally associated with a JRPG lead) cool guy who others in the game can come to with their problems (which they do) and...well...never being a whiny little *****.

Ramza or Gig in Soul Nomad, cause with all the pain and tears he's just got a cool backstory and is a bad ass, no q's aboot it.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Tetris! You all know that the line was the hero of that game. O.K seriously I will go with Oblivion. Could be great fun, going round doing whatever you want, because let's face it. Nobody can stop you.

gamebrain89

May 29, 2008
Shepard from mass effect, that would be freaking sweet. The whole Mass Effect universe is pretty fricking sweet, i would love to live in that. as of tomarrow morning the secret apprentice might supplant shepard though..

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
anNIALLator post=9.69098.650008 said:
I'd be Sam Fisher. Judo Chop!!
SanitysRequiem post=9.69098.650439 said:
Final Fantasy Tactics. Ramza Beoulve.
Both of those guys are my choice. Mainly because I'm kind of a geography geek, so, to go to all the places (fictional or real) that they've travelled to would be pretty slick.

AngryMan

Mar 26, 2008
depends. Can I choose an MMO? Because I reckon it'd be pretty cool to be an EVE capsuleer.

Failing that, I'd go with Pokemon.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Definitely Ramza of FFT or Neku of TWEWY just for awesome characters in awesome settings.
Pokemon works too.