Which games are you looking forward to this year?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
There's a bit I'm looking forward to this year:

Bayonetta 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution Wii U port
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS
Game & Wario
Injustice: Gods Among Us (first pre-order of the year)
Lego Batman 2 Wii-U Port
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Pikmin 3
Pokemon X/Y
Time & Eternity
Watch Dogs
Wonderful 101

...could have sworn there were more than that...oh well. I'm really looking forward to news on what new (and old I guess) games are going to be released on the Wii U. I've already guessed that the next 'previously released' game announced for the U will be X-Com but I could be wrong and really just want news on when announced games are being released.

Also Pandora's Tower! That's going to be out soon...nearly forgot about that one...

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Wasteland 2 is one I'm keeping an eye on, and Rome II: Total War, though I have my doubts if the latter is going to be any good. A game I'm really looking forward to is, unsurprisingly, Witcher 3, though I have no idea if that's going to be released with year or next.

Not much really.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Watch_Dogs and The Last of Us is about all I think. Vague intrest in Dead Island: Riptide as well.
Yet to pick up God of War: Ascension, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite and several other games though, so I'm falling behind since I no longer buy games at full price.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Walking Dead Season 2, Dragon Age 3 and GTA 5. I was originally just going to say GTA 5, but posts here reminded me of the other two. Those 3 will be definite buys for me unless something horrible is revealed before my money disappears.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
With Tomb Raider, Heart of the Swarm, and Bioshock Infinite, it's already been a pretty good year.

What I'm still looking forward to:
- Zeno Clash 2
- Metro: Last Light
- Double Fine's Adventure game (I've already forgotten its title)
- The Last of Us
- Company of Heroes 2
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- Beyond: Two Souls
- Shadowrun Returns
- Total War: Rome 2
- Wasteland 2
- Dead State
- Xenonauts
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
- The Banner Saga

I'd be surprised if fewer than half of those are good, so it's got potential to be a great year. And a few games always seem to sneak up on me too.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
GTA V, Pokemon X, and, I am hesitant to admit it, but Watch Dogs. I don't know why I feel like I should slink around in the shadows when I say I want to play it, but for some reason it makes me feel dirty.
*Looks above*
Oh yeah, TWD Season 2. If they can pull it off again, whew. My feels.

I suppose Infinite's DLC although I don't have high hopes anymore, I was kinda disappointed by the game.
I'll pick up The Last of Us, but I don't herald it as a great game ever since I stepped out of the nostalgia fog and realized a few key people left Naughty Dog after Jak.

EDIT: I forgot Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Animal Crossing New Leaf. I hate to buy a 3DS for just three games though.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Tomb Raider is still on my list to get, but other than that I'm definitely getting:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Collection
The Elder Scrolls Online

I'm considering GTAV. With how expensive games are, I can only really look at ones I'm sure I'll play to death and love.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well for me I'm waiting for the (hopeful) release of some kickstarter RPGs that are supposed to be out this year. Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, and Dead State in paticular.

To be honest I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get excited about upcoming game releases. Games are increasingly expensive if you want the complete package (as numerous threads have been about) and almost all of them have wound up severely lacking. I'm hoping some of these large scale, crowd-sourced, indie-RPGs will deliver a satisfying experience where I've found most big budget games have been lacking.

I'm also kind of hoping at some point we'll see another Blockbuster MMO at some point. Right now I spend a lot of time and money bouncing around between a bunch of differant games due to none of them being able to keep me invested or interested non-stop the way WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, or others managed to do. I pretty much wind up dabbling here, dabbling, there, and moving around in a cycle as I rapidly get bored or run out of things I want to do.

I'm likely to probably spend another thousand dollars on games again this year, but to be honest there doesn't seem to be a lot to look forward to other than those kickstarter games. The "big" game of the year (well as far as definate release goes) as far as I was concerned, was "Bioshock Infinite" and I decided to wait for spoilers and reviews due to fears it was going to be a train wreck, which it wasn't. I picked it up, and it's pretty good, but not without it's flaws, and I imagine I'll be lucky to get 60 hours out of it.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
GTA 5, baby. San Andreas is my favourite game ever and I really didn't dislike GTA V, all the potential for greatness was there but Liberty City is a boring setting and the game forced unnecessary crap onto the player. If the devs have learned from what held the last game back and let me have my fun in the varied and expansive San Andreas setting, then I know I won;t be able to put it down. Finally seeing modern day San Andreas will be interesting as well, first thing I'm gonna do is drive through Grove Street.

Also, South Park: The Stick of Truth. I love South Park and I'm confident that Stone and Parker are capable across all media when they focus on a project. Some recent episodes of the show taking jibs at the games industry would suggest they have an enthusiasm for games.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Erm... uhh... well...

Damn this is a struggle.

Mount and Blade Bannerlord? X-wing and TIE Fighter if GOG gets to release them now? That rumoured Just Causesque game Avalanche is working on?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Rome total war II, dragon age 3 and Fire emblem Awakening(Its not out here)

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Zeno Clash 2. More spastic, ridiculpus adventures in that zany hellscape that I can now share with my brother? Rock on, Ace team.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Really, only Metro Last Light... because Metro 2033, was an underrated gem... though not without it's flaws... hopefully that'll be fixed in the new one...<.<

JaguarWong

Jun 5, 2008
Killer is Dead - First Suda 51 game since NMH2 has to be worthwhile.

Broken Sword - Got in on the Kickstarter so should be playing this nice and early.

Remember Me - Hoping for something a little different from this one.

Bayonetta 2 - May not be worth the price of of a Wii-U on it's own but maybe with...

The Wonderful 101 - ...I could be tempted to buy Nintendo's bizarre contraption. Confirmed Platinum fanboy right here.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
InFamous: Second Son
Dragon Age 3 (though I know Bioware, this could end up slipping to 2014)
GTA V

That's it, oh more Skyrim DLC would be nice!

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Metro: Last Light, Grand Theft Auto 5, Battlefield 4, and Watch Dogs are all definite buys for me.

a lot of other games have me intrigued, but im not sure whether or not ill end up buying them. Remember Me, Mars: War Logs, Payday 2, and a few others... mostly downloadable titles.

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
Rome 2 Total War is by a long way the game I am most looking forward to this year. Also Europa Universalis 4, the Heart of Darkness expansion for Victoria 2 and The Last of Us are all games that I really want this year.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Watch Dogs, GTA V, and The Last of Us are the big ones on my radar.

Oh and also BioShock Infinite. Because my copy still hasn't arrived...

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
only a few really
saints row 4
Rome 2
Dragon Age 3

on my list of maybes and/or if there is a halfway decent PC version
AC4 maybe got to see if i can finish the rest of the series first
GTA5 if the port is good enough
the last of us again if there is a halfway decent port
and watch dogs maybe

oh wow a good 70% of those games are sequels and the one that's not is on the maybe list am i a part of the problem? .... no how could i be i am a member of the glorious PC master race ... but even though PC gamers are like gods, are we infallible? but if i am not part of the problem, wherein lies the solution? ... i bet its those dirty console scum things.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Destiny by Bungie is one of the few games I really want this year. Something that'll hopefully go along with the PS4 launch, if I get it by then. Let me think... geez, this year is kinda slow for things I'm interested in. I'd be more likely to pick up old games I hadn't gotten like finally getting Walking Dead from Tell Tale, and get ready for the second season or whatever the in between is called. I'll be waiting for my Kickstarter on Shadow Run Returns to complete hopefully. Personally I've been buying less and less. Not that the games couldn't be good, I'm just weighing on how much I really "need" them. If I had a job, my judgement would be more lenient.

Edit: Wait, Watchdogs. I forgot Watchdogs was coming out. Found another one.