Which games have the BEST/Very good Voice acting?

Blackpapa

May 26, 2010
Fallout 2. For a game that had remarkably little voice acting, it was much better than the sorry excuse Bethesda served up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpcuiWR4Y_8&t=0m39s[/youtube]

The Legacy of Kain series
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccrYdsb4Gw[/youtube]

I loved the theatrical performances and the plot. I couldn't imagine a game like this being published today. I can already see Bobby Kotick shouting "YEAH AND WHAT ELSE HOW ABOUT I BUNDLE A FUCKING DICTIONARY IN THE BOX!?!"

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
mirror said:
Tharwen said:
Just Cause 2.

[sub]*Snrk*[/sub]

[sub][sup]ahahaha[/sup][/sub][small]Hahaha[/small]hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

I always liked to think Just Cause 2's acting sucked because everyone was making up their own accent for the fictional country. But even that doesn't excuse the LEEDAH OF DEH REEPAHS.
Well... it was fictional but the language they were all speaking was Malaysian, so I would have expected them to at least get that accent right.

Honestly, though, I think they just weren't taking themselves very seriously when they made the game.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
SpiderJerusalem said:
JeanLuc761 said:
Good voice acting? There's quite a bit out there.

Final Fantasy X´
Wait, whaaa?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone, anywhere at any place or time in any state of mind say that this game has anything but atrocious voice acting that should be killed with fire.

Personally:

Uncharted and Mass Effect series remain the pinnacles of great acting all around.
Conversely, I have never heard anyone EVER say that FFX's voice acting is atrocious. The infamous "laughing scene" has never been a valid example of the game's voice acting, as it was the forced laughter was deliberate.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Pretty much every game made by Relic. I don't know where they find em, but I swear those guys are actual space marines.

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
Dawn of War. Basically all of them have great voice acting.
Really? Really?

[color]
[HEADING=2]SPESS MAHREENS, WE FIGHT FOR THE EMPRAH![/HEADING]​
[/color]

[color]
[HEADING=2]OUR ENEMIES HIDE IN METAL BAWKSES![/HEADING]​
[/color]

That is some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard. It did get a lot better from Dawn of War 2 onwards though.
I was more aiming towards the voice acting of the units, not of the cutscenes. Some of that is pretty hilarious I have to agree with :).

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
I'm going to come out of left field here and say The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. It was the only game that provoked the response: "This game has damn good voice acting."

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Allow me quote myself from a previous thread:

MercurySteam said:
For me personally I think Brutal Legend takes the cake, and here's why.

First, here's some characters to jog your memory:

Eddie Rigs - likeness modeled after and voiced by Jack Black:

Ophelia - Voiced by Jenifer Hale:

Lita Halford - Likeness modeled from Lita Ford's appearance in the 80's and voiced by Kath Soucie:

The Guardian of Metal - Modeled after and voiced by Ozzy Osbourne:

The Kill Master - Modeled after and voiced by Lemmy Kilmister:

The Baron - Modeled after and voiced by Rob Halford:

Doviculus - Voiced by Tim Curry

Rima - Voiced by Lita Ford:

Basically what I'm getting at is we have characters that look the part, sound the part (probably because most of them are voiced by real metal legends) and all have a great script that makes them fit in perfectly into the game in which they're set in.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Enslaved has really good voice acting. Not many characters, but the few there work well off of each other.

And there's Mass Effect 2, of course. Featuring the best video game duo ever.

Tricia Helfer has a knack for playing machines.