Which games will be seen as nostalgic in ten years?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Lets face it, the games we find nostalgic will not be remembered much in ten years. Games like Cod, Assassins Creed, and Rockstar games will probably be remembered with nostalgia goggles on.

So, my question to you escapist. Is which games do you think will be remembered most in ten years?

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Mass Effect 1 + 2

Can this wait a bit? I have some calibrations to do.

-or-

STUPID MACHINE!

For sure!

Edit : Errrm, am I first to post/reply?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Project_Omega said:
Mass Effect 1 + 2

-or-

STUPID MACHINE!
What, I really do not get that. Probably cos i've never played mass effect?

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
want nostalgia? look back one console generation.
all my nostalgia involves my PS2.

current gen?
maybe th- nah.
i mean, perhaps... nope.
how about- no, that wasnt this gen...
uh.
shit man...
Portal and LA Noire. probably.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
If I understand the definition of nostalgia correctly, maybe Gears of War. All the cover based shooting and/or horde-like game modes that have been copied by other games.

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
Project_Omega said:
Mass Effect 1 + 2

-or-

STUPID MACHINE!
Well, imso its one of the best RPG games ever made (Or lately rather), with really interesting story, loveable characters and chest pounding action. Its like Star Trek and Star Wars put together into a big ball of awesome.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Portal - Due to the excellent combination of FPS and Puzzle style gameplay. I wouldn't even call myself a fan of the game and yet it sticks with me.

Bioshock - Not because of the gameplay but simply because of the imagery and world it created was so memorable.

Rock Band - I don't see plastic instruments spanning the test of time. But I don't see myself forgetting the fun I've had with fake drums.

While these titles aren't current, I can easily place Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness, and Metroid Prime on the list as well.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Project_Omega said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Project_Omega said:
Mass Effect 1 + 2

-or-

STUPID MACHINE!
Well, imso its one of the best RPG games ever made (Or lately rather), with really interesting story, loveable characters and chest pounding action. Its like Star Trek and Star Wars put together into a big ball of awesome.
I know what the game is about. I was talking bout the stupid machine bit silly :p.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Call of Duty 4- the Halo CE of the series, it was good before it got raped up a bit.
Batman: AA- An original game design that proved Batman could be in a good game.
Portal- No comment
Guitar Hero- This is already nostalgic.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Probably everything made by Valve in recent years... 'specially Portal.

babinro said:
Bioshock - Not because of the gameplay but simply because of the imagery and world it created was so memorable.
If System Shock can have it's hoards of fans after over a decade, I don't see why Bioshock can't.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
ssgt splatter said:
If I understand the definition of nostalgia correctly, maybe Gears of War. All the cover based shooting and/or horde-like game modes that have been copied by other games.
i find that mildly ironic considering the Horde Feature was only implemented in Gears of War 2.

AvP from 10 years ago had a horde feature I might add... it was called skirmish.

Also, Killswitch had cover based shooting (2003) so it didn't pioneer that either. Heck, you could argue MGS2 and up had cover shooting...

gears made chest high walls famous though.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Pretty much every game that anyone ever enjoyed will have some some nostalgia attached to it.

Even games that don't need nostalgia will feel its touch.