Which is the worst fanboy war?

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Ugh, god, they're all annoying and pointless, but I think the worst one is the PS3 vs 360 one, since it's the one that I encounter the most.

I only have a 360 right now, and I'm happy with it, but that doesn't mean the PS3 isn't a worthwhile purchase. In fact I plan to get one this year. But christ... I actually have PS3 fanboys telling me "Yeah, once you get it, you won't touch your 360 EVER! Throw that thing in the GARBAGE! UGGGHHHH!" (Okay, they really don't make that stupid sound at the end, but I hear it in my head every time a fanboy says something.)

It's like... please don't tell me how I'M going to react to something. I owned all the consoles last generation without becoming a goddam fanboy, playing them all pretty equally. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off this time around too, minus the "equal play" thing. The Wii really gets no time from me, and I'll probably end up playing more on LIVE than PSN just because I know more people who play on LIVE and don't know anyone who's on PSN, minus the fanboys I mentioned earlier.

TheSKSpecial

Mar 7, 2008
Auron555 said:
I've heard some football rivalries get very out of hand, wouldn't know which ones.
In terms of American football...

college:
Georgia vs. Florida
Oklahoma vs. Texas
Michigan vs. Ohio State
Alabama vs. Auburn
Army vs. Navy

pro:
Cowboys vs. Redskins
Chiefs vs. Broncos
Bears vs. Packers
Giants vs. Eagles
Steelers vs. Browns

no matter what city the game's played in, there's going to be some hostility.

mikoyan

Dec 11, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
mikoyan said:
Burroughs Vs. IBM :)
Nethack Vs. Angband
You win. (Although we all know who won the first one...)
My dad works for Unisys (which is the name of the post Burroughs-Sperry merger). I remember going into work with him as a kid and he'd set me up on one of the terminals to play a game they called Star Trek. fun stuff. it had an E for the Enterprise and R or K's for Romulans or Klingons. If your ship had shields up, it would be (E) and e if it was cloaked.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
TheSKSpecial said:
Auron555 said:
I've heard some football rivalries get very out of hand, wouldn't know which ones.
In terms of American football...

college:
Georgia vs. Florida
Oklahoma vs. Texas
Michigan vs. Ohio State
Alabama vs. Auburn
Army vs. Navy

pro:
Cowboys vs. Redskins
Chiefs vs. Broncos
Bears vs. Packers
Giants vs. Eagles
Steelers vs. Browns

I've always thought it was the football/soccer matches is when shit hits the fan.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
TheSKSpecial said:
Auron555 said:
Steelers vs. Browns

That's not really a rivalry... yeah, the teams 'hate' each other, but it's not an intense fight each match, like Buckeyes/Michigan.

European football is the worst in terms of actual violence, so I've heard.

Flinchy

Sep 17, 2008
furrys vs the world

yiff in hell. yiff in hell

also ATI vs nVidia / Intel vs AMD of course.
some idiots don't seem to get performance, stability and value >>> brand preference.

ED: also

whiteblood said:
The WORST ever, especially on Deviantart and in the Kotor fan circles is what Revan is, dark or light and male or female? Same with the Exile, too, but the second game wasn't as compelling as the first. DSF Revan ftw!
idiots, lucasarts has already given the answer... The character may be either male or female, though Revan is canonically male and follows the game's light-side path.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Darkside360 said:
stormcaller said:
Darkside360 said:
WoW vs all other games
Would you care to explain why?
Because addicted WoW players think nothing else matters,

if you dont play WoW your not a gamer.

Atleast thats what is was like when I was in school.

1. I've heard the "addicted" story before and I know you're going to say something along the lines of: 1 example a stereotype does not break but I play and I still have other commitments that I keep.

2. I don't get this one? are you now defending WoW or saying that that is what players say?

3. Also please expand on this.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Darkside360 said:
I'm saying from my experience of knowing people who play WoW, they think that if you dont play wow, you dont know true gaming. I tried the game, hated it, moved on.
Ok thank you, I was just about to pull out the Fan-hammer (fanboy's equivalent of the ban-hammer but less awesome)

Nov 28, 2007
Master Chief vs Samus Aran (only because I had my quite intelligent pro-Samus argument* discarded with "But Master Chief is better.")

PS3 vs 360

Rock Band vs Guitar Hero

San Fransisco 49ers vs Oakland Raiders

*Will provide if you want.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Master Chief vs Samus Aran (only because I had my quite intelligent pro-Samus argument* discarded with "But Master Chief is better.")

Yes please

Nov 28, 2007
stormcaller said:
thebobmaster said:

Yes please

OK, going through scenarios one by one:

Master Chief w/ rocket launcher vs Samus w/ missiles: Master Chief fires rocket, takes off some of Samus's health (judging by damage done by missiles to her in the Metroid universe). Samus fires missile, instantly kills Chief (again, judging by damage done from rockets in game)

At a distance: Samus screw attacks to close the gap between her and Master Chief, then shoots at him when she is close enough, making a small target to hit with a sniper rifle.

With vehicles: Samus morph balls, goes underneath whatever Master Chief is driving, then bombs him.

Close range: Samus either uses her magnetic grapple to throw him off balance and blasts him with her arm cannon, or she loses the armor and lashes at him with her whip, moving quickly to avoid being targeted.

Anything I missed?