which of the mount and blade games is better?

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Warband is by far the best. You shouldn't of purchased the original game, as Warband is just that plus some juicy extras. Fire and Sword is a bit weird; in someways it is better to Warband, in some ways it is inferior.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I really have to say: stick with Warband. It's one of those games that sucks you in and keeps you playing for a *long* time. I went into it with the intent of becoming King of Calradia. I'll let you know how that works out in about 10 years once I'm finished.
Oh, and the multiplayer is amazing. It's just awesome to get together with some friends and joust each other or run down an army of enemy footsoldiers.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Warband is the best, mostly because it's just the first with a prettier engine and more features.

With Fire and Sword isn't very fun.

Kachiporra

Oct 19, 2010
I recommend Warband. I have played both and the guns in With fire and Sword can make it really frustating.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I wouldn't bother with the original at all myself, because Warband is just the original with a bunch of extra stuff that makes it better (and it has a short beginner's quest to introduce new players too). After you've got a hang of things, try With Fire and Sword too. I prefer Warband myself, but WFAS is certainly worth playing.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Mount and Blade: Warband is essentially M&B 2.0.

Fire and Sword is essentially Warband with some changes, a proper plot and guns.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I'll play along with everyone else and say that Warband is the best, but there are some absolutely jaw dropping mods for the original game - total conversions to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc. - that I don't believe are available for Warband. Not to say that Warband doesn't have some great mods of its own, of course.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Only played the original and Warband, but I prefer the original. Warband just messed around with the horse combat a bit too much for my tastes.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
As others have said, Warband is just a seriously juiced up original. There's absolutely no reason to play the original once you have Warband.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I'm currently playing "With Fire and Sword" and I am enjoying it, the guns are annoying but I still enjoy taking over everywhere. Which I already did, ALL HAIL ME!

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
And let me just say I'm pretty happy to see so many people enjoying Mount and Blade. Such a fantastic game.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Basically, Warlord is probably the best starting one. With Fire and Sword is pretty different though. Both take mods very well, but Warlord has so many more, which is what makes it better.