Which superhero movie next?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
We've seen Batman do incredibly well, we've seen Superman vary in results, we've seen Marvel dudes do pretty damn well across the board. And most recently we've seen Green Lantern sink like a deranged gunman into a vat of bleaching acid.

But despite DC only really having modern success with Batman, they're obviously going to continue trying to hit it big with their host of superheroes. So my question is, who would you like to see next?

Personally, I'm routing for the Flash. He's always been my favourite DC superhero (yes, I like him more than Batman) and he just seems to be awesome in every way. He has a kick-ass power, cool costume (shut up, it is!) and depending on various adaptions he's the ultimate wise-ass. He's just a character I could easily get on board with.

Plus he has one of the best and most diverse Rogues' Galleries of any DC superhero. It's not just any superhero that consistently has a large group of villains going against him as an organised group.

flakmagnet

Jan 26, 2011
DC? The Flash, as long as it skips Jay and Barry and goes straight to Wally (my favourite Flash)

Or a Teen Titans/Titans live action film.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
I actually suspect we might be seeing the Spectre turn up in something. For those who saw the Green Lantern movie:

If you remember the scene in which the guy who's been infected by paralax touches the scientist who hired him and sees her past, with her husband killing her kids, I'm relatively certain that's the back story of the guy who becomes the Spectre after Hal Jordan (and I'm relatively certain that the films won't be covering that particular saga of Hal's life), so they probably would just start with the guy who was the Spectre after Hal.

Maybe that was just a shout out to DC fans, but I kind of think it might be a hint at a Spectre movie, which I think would actually be a really good move on their part. The Spectre, while one of the most important and powerful entities in the DC universe, is also one of the less well known heroes. On top of that, if you do a Spectre movie you can really just go balls out crazy (if you've ever read a Spectre comic, they go balls out crazy in the comics). I think it's a franchise that would adapt well to films, and because the Spectre isn't their best known hero they don't risk alienating too many people by messing it up, but if they do it right, they can potentially garner interest from a crowd that might not be so interested in traditional heroes.

MHG5

Feb 23, 2010
Oh right, I vote for Elemental Micah. Indy comics tend to do exceptionally well in the cinema and this is a comic worth seeing. Did I mentioned I draw this comic? (I've been told to plug the kindle thing here as well but meh, s'up to you if you have a kindle and good taste. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_1?rh=k%3Aelemental+micah%2Ci%3Adigital-text&keywords=elemental+micah&ie=UTF8&qid=1309112297 )

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
He's not really a super hero, but i still have my fingers crossed for Neil Gaiman's Sandman

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
The Cadet said:
LFC Scouser said:
How about deadpool that would be awesome
OH GOD SO MUCH WANT. IIRC, Deadpool's superhuman abilities are threefold: basically infinite regeneration, an incredibly sadistic sense of humor, and the ability to break the fourth wall (seriously, his MvC3 ultra has him whacking the opponent around with his fucking health and super bars!). That would be amazing.
And they could have a foreign character just so Deadpool can hit them with their subtitles.

Also, Aquaman?

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
I remember reading that she-hulk is slated for a possible character movie. I Would love that see that

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
MHG5 said:
Oh right, I vote for Elemental Micah. Indy comics tend to do exceptionally well in the cinema and this is a comic worth seeing. Did I mentioned I draw this comic? (I've been told to plug the kindle thing here as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_1?rh=k%3Aelemental+micah%2Ci%3Adigital-text&keywords=elemental+micah&ie=UTF8&qid=1309112297 )
Turns out it's not as gay as you think!

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
Personally, I'm routing for the Flash. He's always been my favourite DC superhero (yes, I like him more than Batman) and he just seems to be awesome in every way. He has a kick-ass power, cool costume (shut up, it is!) and depending on various adaptions he's the ultimate wise-ass. He's just a character I could easily get on board with.

Plus he has one of the best and most diverse Rogues' Galleries of any DC superhero. It's not just any superhero that consistently has a large group of villains going against him as an organised group.
I agree with The Flash. Thanks to Geoff Johns, his comics are doing well at the moment since the return of Barry Allen. I think I'd prefer a film about Wally West because he's the more emotive, sarcastic and interesting Flash, I think. But if there was a Flash film, it would be about Allen, then they could introduce all of the Speedsters gradually through the sequels, as well as all of The Rogues
Failing Flash, Deadpool would be really great (if actually done right) as would a Booster Gold film. Ever since 52 I absolutely love him and his whole backstory is absolutely perfect for a film

The Serpent

Jun 20, 2011
Personally I'm really looking forward to Snyder's Superman. Finally they gave the project to a director who might not spend the entire film kissing Donner's feet, and actually think up something that doesn?t involve:

Kyptonite
Saving a plane (yes, I did love that scene in Superman Returns, but now it's enough)
Luthor

or

Zod

and we can actually see a Superman that feels fresh, like Abrams' Star Trek.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Wonder Woman seems like a logical next choice. Though doing a female lead in a superhero movie seems like it would tend itself towards sexploitation a la Catwoman. If a studio could manage to pull it off, it'd be awesome.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
CrashBang said:
ReservoirAngel said:

I agree with The Flash. Thanks to Geoff Johns, his comics are doing well at the moment since the return of Barry Allen. I think I'd prefer a film about Wally West because he's the more emotive, sarcastic and interesting Flash, I think. But if there was a Flash film, it would be about Allen, then they could introduce all of the Speedsters gradually through the sequels, as well as all of The Rogues
Failing Flash, Deadpool would be really great (if actually done right) as would a Booster Gold film. Ever since 52 I absolutely love him and his whole backstory is absolutely perfect for a film
Apparently there's a Flash movie in the works, based on "a recent Geoff Johns run with the character" so I'm hoping for good things. Johns has done some kick-ass stuff with the character and anything based on that will just be cool. Only red light? Apparently it's being written by the guys who wrote Green Lantern. Oh boy...

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
I once said to a friend:

They're gonna reboot Spiderman? And Batman (which I think isn't done, but IIRC, I read that it should be re-booted soon)? And they're giving us Green Lantern? Well, hollywood better give us Justice League.

Justice League would be quite interesting...

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
CrashBang said:
ReservoirAngel said:

Apparently there's a Flash movie in the works, based on "a recent Geoff Johns run with the character" so I'm hoping for good things. Johns has done some kick-ass stuff with the character and anything based on that will just be cool. Only red light? Apparently it's being written by the guys who wrote Green Lantern. Oh boy...
I actually didn't hate Green Lantern. Yes, the characters were shallow and dull (except Hammond) and the rest of the Corps was wasted, as was the huge space opera feel to it, but the action scenes were awesome and I liked the changes they made to the canon, they dumbed it down suitably for the big screen. It could have been soooooo much better but it wasn't the worst superhero film I've ever seen (that would be Catwoman or Fantastic Four). That being said, I still don't want the writers to make all the same mistake with The Flash. If they make two bad films out of DC heroes then non-comic book readers are going to start thinking that everything DC writes, bar Batman, sucks ass

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
rdaleric said:
He's not really a super hero, but i still have my fingers crossed for Neil Gaiman's Sandman
Eugh, no. Maybe a TV series, but films would be bad. It's too slow moving and bizarre to work as a film series. Go the Game of Thrones route with it, and I'd be happy, though.

Can Captain Quark get a film? That'd be awesome.

Mischlings

Feb 18, 2011
Auninteligentname said:
I once said to a friend:

They're gonna reboot Spiderman? And Batman (which I think isn't done, but IIRC, I read that it should be re-booted soon)? And they're giving us Green Lantern? Well, hollywood better give us Justice League.

Justice League would be quite interesting...
Nitpicky, but Spiderman is Marvel, not DC, so he wouldn't be part of the Justice League. He'd be part of The Avengers if Marvel could wrestle the movie rights away from Sony (we can only hope...)

If we're looking at DC, I'd think Flash or Captain Marvel (too bad he can't use his name in the title) would be good. If we're looking at Marvel, I want to see Doctor Strange, since he's the only major Stan Lee creation that hasn't had a movie made.