While we wait for Steam's Winter Sale...

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
What game(s) are you (considering on) getting, assuming they're gonna be there? To answer my own question:

- Borderlands 2 GotY edition (alongside all of Maya and Gaige's outfits)
- Dishonored GotY edition
- Batman Arkham series GotY editions, excluding Arkham Origins (hooray for severing ties with Games for Windows Live)
- Papers, Please
- Bioshock 2 and Infinite
- Saint's Row 4 with some DLC
- Remember Me

Assuming EA will have a holiday sale with Origin:
- Battlefield 4 (because it isn't doing so hot at this time, EA/Dice would perhaps consider dropping the price a bit just to make some money and get some copies moving)

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I'm planning on getting:
- Remember Me
- XCOM: Enemy Within
- Saints Row IV
- Rayman Legends.

Might be more, but those are the priority. To be honest I'm trying to save enough to finally get a PS3, hopefully in the New Year sales.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Papers, Please
Offspring Fling
Bastion

I'm sure there are more I just can't think of right now, but these are games that have kinda been on my wish list for a while.

Most of the games I buy on Steam are the indie titles that aren't available on other consoles.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, the top of my wishlist is Orcs Must Die! 2, Overlord (the Complete pack specifically), Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (which I could already get since it's only $5 for people who own the game and DLC, but whatever), and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Maybe a few bits of DLC for Dishonored, maybe Arkham City GOTY since they finally dropped Games For Windows, maybe Fallout 3, dunno. Anything else is just going to be speculation and likely determined by the flash sales/daily deals/community picks.

eBusiness

Sep 19, 2012
Maybe I'll just play some of the 100 or grossly thereabout games that I have bought through Steam or Humble Bundle sales which I have never or barely touched.

But I guess that my consumer compulsion will bid me to buy at least a few more to add to the list, no idea what it will be though.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
So far I really just have XCOM: Enemy Within on my list of games from this year I still want to pick up. There are a few indie titles I might grab if they come down in price like Risk of Rain but other than that I think I've got enough games from past sales to keep me occupied for a long time.

Honestly I think I'm going to buy a PS3 before year's end and catch up on some of that's backlog.

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
Saints Row 4
Nuclear Throne if it goes on sale ((not buying into the premium beta))
Papers Please

Oh and some extra copies of monaco for friends.

And depending on how cheap some sega games get, Binary domain and the dreamcast collection and nights since I have a lot of the others.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
I try to stay away from steam during winter sale.
Theres no enough time in the world for me to play everything i'd want to buy.

Should i fail, Dead Island Riptide is one i might get if cheap enough.
Also have Might & Magic X Legacy on wishlist.
Deponia series seems interesting too.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Honestly I usually just impulse buy the games that weren't interesting enough to buy day one, but may be worth it at a discount.

Here's to hoping the steam sale doesn't underwhelm like the last few years.

Scy Anide

Redacted
Dec 7, 2013
Braid, Terraria, Saints Row 2, Spelunky, The Swapper, To the Moon, and possibly Starbound... there's a surprising number of indie games on my wishlist right now.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Starbound, Planetary Annihilation, Killing Floor and XCOM: Enemy Within.

The flaws and bugs in Enemy Within were what convinced me not to buy it when it was released. I want to play through the main game a few more times before I start dealing with new problems being introduced.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I don't think I'll be getting anymore games in the winter sale. I got the few games I wanted during the last sale and while I've got a few games on the maybe list I barely have time to spare for any more games to go in the backlog at the moment.

I likely hold off until the summer sale to pick up some of the other games I've missed.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
shrekfan246 said:
Well, the top of my wishlist is Orcs Must Die! 2, Overlord (the Complete pack specifically), Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (which I could already get since it's only $5 for people who own the game and DLC, but whatever), and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Maybe a few bits of DLC for Dishonored, maybe Arkham City GOTY since they finally dropped Games For Windows, maybe Fallout 3, dunno. Anything else is just going to be speculation and likely determined by the flash sales/daily deals/community picks.
Orcs Must Die! 2 is in the current Humble Bundle as well as its predecessor.

For me its some some Dishonored DLC, Enemy Within, Metro DLC, some of the newer LEGO games...

What?

Ellie O'Daire

Kin-tree Guardian
Jun 23, 2012
I usually use the sales to load up on some new routes for Train Simulator. That DLC is just absurdly expensive otherwise.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The games I bought during the autumn sale less than a month ago are still unfinished, so I probably won't be buying anything during the winter sale, at least not for myself.

I still need to finish Farcry 3 and Dishonored which I bought during the autumn sale, as well as Dark Souls, which I borrowed from a friend, replay Catharine, and get to max level in Borderlands 2.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Ellie O said:
I usually use the sales to load up on some new routes for Train Simulator. That DLC is just absurdly expensive otherwise.
This reminds me that a friend bought me train simulator as a joke gift last winter and I have yet to play it.

Ellie O'Daire

Kin-tree Guardian
Jun 23, 2012
Dirty Hipsters said:
This reminds me that a friend bought me train simulator as a joke gift last winter and I have yet to play it.
It's not for everybody. I love simulators and trains, and I still have to run Youtube or some podcasts on the side to not be bored to death on most TrainSim scenarios.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
I've tried planning out my sale purchases before, but I realized it's more fun to just wing it. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I'd like to see a sale for in the winter sales (expect maybe Eversion), but it's entirely possible that something will catch my interest and steal my money.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Bioshock Infinite is the one that I'm most looking forward to finding on sale. I saw its price drop to like $10 during the last sale, but I kept forgetting to actually buy it. D'oh!

I might also give Metro: Last Light a try due to the praise given to it by Shamus Young and the "Spoiler Warning" crew during their let's play of Metro 2033.

I have a friend that also wants me to pick up Dishonored, even though I admittedly don't have much interest. Maybe if the price is right.

Ellie O said:
Heh. That DLC, at regular price, has to be nearing the $2000 mark by now - assuming it hasn't already surpassed it.