Who are your favorite sports teams?

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
If any team manages to beat the Bruins, the Celtics, or the Red Sox, then those insufferable fans in my hometown won't have an excuse to go on another stupid drunken celebratory rampage through town. As a result, any team that can beat those guys is my hero for the year.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NFL: Detroit Lions
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLS: Chicago Fire

Now, sometimes another team gets thrown in here for odd reasons. For instance, when I started really following sports, I was living in Jackson, Michigan. At the time, Tony Dungy was the coach of the Colts, and since he was from Jackson, I rooted for the Colts a lot when he was there.

Also, technically, my favorite NBA team is up in the air. I was a Magic fan when I was young, but then I stopped following the sport. When I came back, the Magic couldn't stop doing stuff that pissed me off, even when they were good. Considering I often am getting updates for Bulls are doing while listening to Blackhawks games, I've sort of begun switching to being a Bulls fan.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
tippy2k2 said:

The Vikings are my team of choice (NFL) because I live in Minnesota AND I hate myself.

I hate basketball and The Twins (baseball) is a team that I will never ever ever ever EVER understand how anyone is a fan of as long as that Pohlad jackass is in charge (and now I'm worried he's going to poison soccer as well since he's part of the group getting MLS here).

I follow the Wild (hockey) best I can but since I don't have cable, it's not really an option. I've been "watching" the gamecast on ESPN and when playoffs start, I will do my best to get to a place to actually get to watch it (you know...when we're actually in the playoffs).

So overall, The Vikings are my #1 team in everything by a mile followed by The Wild.
Vikings and Twins baby! :D

WOOOO!

OT: I don't watch the NBA anymore, so whatever. As for NHL, I don't know since the few times I've watched a game it looks like fun, but I have no idea what I'm watching.

Now, NCAA Basketball: Duke.
NCAA football: ASU.
lax4life said:
NCAA: Arizona Wildcats (gotta support where you attend)
HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dec 10, 2012
Bat Vader said:
TheVampwizimp said:
Bat Vader said:
For football it's the Detroit Lions. Especially sine they made it to the wild card with a pretty decent record last year. For Baseball it's the Detroit Tigers(can't wait for MLB 2K 15), and for Hockey it's the Detroit Red Wings.
Ehh, a Michigander, are ya? I'm on the same page here.

The upside of being a Detroit sports fan these days is that we have an old and storied team in all the major sports. The downside is that all our teams are on the way out right now.
Lions did pretty well last season. Hopefully they can keep it up when football season starts up again. Tigers could be great again if they get Verlander out of the rut he has been in.
There are a lot of ifs there. Even with Verlander back in form, their pitching staff is depleted, and the Royals may end up winning the division. And without Suh or Nick Fairley, the Lions' defense won't be what it was last season. They really need Stafford to step it up again and become the man he is paid to be.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
NFL: New Orleans Saints
NBA: used to be the Dallas Mavericks. If I get into following the NBA again it'll probably be the New Orleans Pelicans.
MLB: Chicago Cubs. Gramps roots for them, and so do I. Even if I make fun of how they'll never win that World Series.

That's all I'very got.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
TheVampwizimp said:
Bat Vader said:
TheVampwizimp said:
Bat Vader said:
For football it's the Detroit Lions. Especially sine they made it to the wild card with a pretty decent record last year. For Baseball it's the Detroit Tigers(can't wait for MLB 2K 15), and for Hockey it's the Detroit Red Wings.

The upside of being a Detroit sports fan these days is that we have an old and storied team in all the major sports. The downside is that all our teams are on the way out right now.
Lions did pretty well last season. Hopefully they can keep it up when football season starts up again. Tigers could be great again if they get Verlander out of the rut he has been in.
There are a lot of ifs there. Even with Verlander back in form, their pitching staff is depleted, and the Royals may end up winning the division. And without Suh or Nick Fairley, the Lions' defense won't be what it was last season. They really need Stafford to step it up again and become the man he is paid to be.
Sorry for the late reply. Stafford could be a great quarterback if he actually put in the effort to be one. One thing I hate about sports is how there is next to no loyalty. Sure, some athletes have loyalty but many just don't care. If someone decided to pay me millions of dollars to do something I would be overjoyed and extremely loyal.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
MLB: LA Dodgers (last couple of years were some of the toughest times...)
NBA: LA Lakers (currently going through tough times..)
NHL: LA Kings (by default. I guess I am categorized as bandwagon casual fan. I do try to follow them. Their playoff run sure were fun as hell though)
NFL: Oakland Raiders (also by default because I refuse to root for anything San Francisco and San Diego)

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Baseball: '08 Phillies
Hockey: '74-'76 Flyers
Football: Nittany Lions (RIP JoePa)
Soccer: Shaolin

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Bat Vader said:
TheVampwizimp said:
Bat Vader said:

Verlander isn't in a rut, he is breaking down. The fact that his velocity has been steadily dropping over the last few years indicates that this isn't just a temporary slump, this is him falling apart. Verlander is never going to be what he was a few years ago.

For myself, I'm a Seattle Mariners fan first and foremost, I'm super excited for the coming season because we are finally going to see the powerhouse of the pacific Northwest rise from the ashes of Bill Bavasi's ravaging of the franchise and reclaim the former glory of Edgar, Junior, and The Big Unit. Cruz, Cano, Seager, and The King are going to take us to the promised land. This is a team with four guys who could potentially be aces on other teams, Felix, Kuma, Paxton, and Walker are all amazing pitchers with sky high ceilings, coupled with a significantly better lineup than last years team that was in the race for 161 and 2/3's games, this is going to be a really fun season.

I'm also a Seahawks fan, but I'm not one of those who calls himself a 12 or anything cringe worthy like that. Still a little sore about The Super Bowl, but not nearly as butt hurt as after Super Bowl 40.

Beyond that, I like hockey, but never really watch it, if the Pacific Northwest were to get a NHL team, I'd be all over that, but for now, I'll have to stick with occasionally watching minor league WHL hockey, my team is the Winterhawks.

I don't like the NBA or soccer.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Rugby League - Brisbane Broncos & QLD Maroons
Football/Soccer - Brisbane Roar & Socceroos
Cricket - Queensland & Australia
AFL - Brisbane Lions & any team that isn't Collingwood.

Some may accuse me of being a little...biased.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That one local sports team that plays their favourite sport not too badly, I think they are named after an insurance company that now sponsors them... it's real odd.