Who are your favourite feline characters?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok so I got this idea of this thread when I first started playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. After creating my character, I'm then proceed to create my own Palico aka Felyne (feline NPC in the game) something I didn't know (I suppose it does paid to NOT read too much info on a game).
Looking through its options my mind became buzzing with all the cat like characters that I know of and this is how the thread came to be.

So this thread is simple, state your favorite cat characters in any media and why you liked that character. Also yes, hybrid, cat girls and anything cat related characters are allow.

As for me, this is my result of my favourite cat characters-

John Blacksad is from the graphic novel Blacksad. He's pretty much a detective during the 1950's America. I just find him quite cool and a good guy despite at times doesn't follow the Law and Justice but he always in the right to do so. In another word, my ideal vision of an detective.

Ok she is part unicorn but I did say hybrid are allow! Seriously who DOESN'T like her (well maybe Batman). She pretty much embodied all things cute, sweet and happiness while at the same time contain a agressive side to say the least! (A happy bersker?)

(Small image I know, it's the only image I can find that has the group shot of the cat crew!)
GaMERCaT is one of the webcomics I enjoyed reading and viewing. I don't have a specific favourite as I like all four of them! The synopis is so simple, cats + games = sucess!

He is a frictional character from Studio Ghibli film "Whisper of the Heart" as a secondary character however he was the star in the other Ghibli film "The Cat Return" (a somewhat sequel to WoTH). He is similar to Professor Layton in that they're genetlemen (well Gentlecat), know how to make good tea and aswell a swordfighter! Unlike Layton, the Baron isn't obsess with puzzle (which I suppose make him less intelligent comapred to Layton) so he doesn't spout "remind me of a puzzle"!

Sure I admit, first time seeing her in the bath at episode 1 was pretty hot. Still even without her sexiness, she was still a fun and funny character who is capable of fighting in her cat form! Heck my bro thought that scene of her verses Misume was quite hot and he's not into anime girls in general!

Thundercats 2011. I loved the reboot but in saying so there wasn't any character that I was deeply fond of. Lion-o was cool but too rash eventhought I like him for his compassion, Tygra was abit of a doche eventhought I did liked him in Native Son when learning of his origin and Cheetara was too much of a two face despite it wasn't her intention.

Ms Fortune from Skullgirls. While I have the game but sadly, I haven't played it for long so I haven't really used her properly. Still I thought she is a creative character by playing on her word (misfortune) and bio (her lore says she had some bad lucks).

Catwoman (DC) and Black Cat (Marvel) Sure both are sexy but sadly I haven't read any comics starring any one of the two so I don't know those two quite well.

Felicia (Darkstalkers) Same as above.

Ashia Clan Clan. She was a strong and funny character from Outlaw Star but it has been years since I last watched that anime so I had forgotten the awesomeness of that character. Granted I still remember she can transformed into a powerful feline!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Dexter, or 'Dex-Starr', is an adorable fluffy member of the Red Lantern Corps.

Also, Mordecai Heller of Lackadaisy.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
The Cat (I'm not sure he has a name) from Coraline wins in my book. The film is fantastic, so is the character, and being voiced by Keith David definitely doesn't hurt. God, I wish more people knew about that movie.

Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service is also great.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Alvina from Dark Souls.

She has this great cheshire cat style design with a mouth that's WAY too big for her body, and the way she speaks is both kind of seductive and sinister. The voice actor for her did a fantastic job.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
Alvina from Dark Souls.

She has this great cheshire cat style design with a mouth that's WAY too big for her body, and the way she speaks is both kind of seductive and sinister. The voice actor for her did a fantastic job.

Oh man, speaking of seductively talking cats, how about Shalquoir from Dark Souls II? Now there's some smooth talking there. I went back to her multiple times just to hear the delivery, which I can only describe as - and I'm honestly not trying to sound like a perv here - incredibly sensual and titillating.

To be honest, I never found Alvina to be on that end of the spectrum. She reminded me more of Mcgonagall from Harry Potter, or some other that kind of authority figure. An "aunt" type of character if you will.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
bartholen said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Alvina from Dark Souls.

Oh man, speaking of seductively talking cats, how about Shalquoir from Dark Souls II? Now there's some smooth talking there. I went back to her multiple times just to hear the delivery, which I can only describe as - and I'm honestly not trying to sound like a perv here - incredibly sensual and titillating.

To be honest, I never found Alvina to be on that end of the spectrum. She reminded me more of Mcgonagall from Harry Potter, or some other that kind of authority figure. An "aunt" type of character if you will.
I think Shalquoir went over the top with it a bit, and I also didn't like her design, it just seemed too normal. I liked her dialogue, but every time I went to her house it felt weird that I was just talking to what seemed like a normal cat and that bothered me.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I like Ratchet from Ratchet & Clank. He's on the tolerable side of "bro-ness", kind of like Spyro.
I know he's a "lombax" or whatever but the guy's distinctly feline.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, there are of course my own, but never shall we forget...

Myaaaaaaaauuu...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Kit Ballard from Blade Kitten, and the Cheshire Cat from American McGee's Alice, who looks really scary, but is helpful, in a not helpful way.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Honestly? Any sexy catgirl.

Slightly less honestly? Probably the cat from Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Nyanta from Log Horizon, once you get past the way he talks. (See above)

He's not actually in a game yet, but I think Morgana from Persona 5 has a pretty awesome design.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Jiji from Kiki
And the Thundercats, especially Panthro. He was cool. And I mean the 80's thundercats, not the remake, that was lame.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Heathcliff, ever since his strip dropped any pretense of having meaning and fully embraced Dadaism.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Boy, I'm really coming up short on ideas. For now, I'll go with Carol from Freedom Planet. She can lightning kick like Chun-Li, kick up walls Mega Man X style, and rides a double-jumping physics-defying motorcycle that can go straight up walls and somehow climb ladders.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Fractral said:
Nyanta from Log Horizon, once you get past the way he talks. (See above)
A friend and fellow fan of the show of mine sent me a clip of the English dub being made for the show. They gave Nyanta a stereotypical smooth talking black male voice. Its kinda hilarious and disturbing at the same time.
http://a.pomf.se/cayqhj.webm