Who bought Godus. What do you think of it?

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
So what do you think of Godus. I have a few complaints but for the most part I enjoy it and have put almost 50 hours into it in 11 days. I have restarted a few times.

Off the top of my head, my complaints are:

- It's too clicky, they need to give us settlements sooner and multi-layer sculpting sooner.
- The camera is funky, you can rotate it but it's only temporary. When you move the WASD keys too much it snaps back.
- I still haven't been able to mine outside of the events.
- It should be easier to restart.

Your turn? Do you think Godus will turn out to be fantastic or a flop?

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
Your points are mine as well.
+ there isn't much to do at the moment.
Just feels like Black and White with a looooot less features
This still has a helluva long road ahead of it to become a good game

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
BLAHwhatever said:
Your points are mine as well.
+ there isn't much to do at the moment.
Just feels like Black and White with a looooot less features
This still has a helluva long road ahead of it to become a good game
I think there is an update to 1.3 tomorrow. Curious to see what it brings. One more complaint that I forgot about:

- The screen should scroll when your mouse reaches the edge of the screen. Not quite sure why the controls aren't like any RTS game released in the last decade.

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
For those of us who don't know much about it haven't heard anything beyond "Peter Moyneux's pet project", what can you tell us about the game? I saw it crop up on Steam but I honestly couldn't really understand what the premise is from the Steam description alone.

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
I played it.

It's rubbish, its a facebook game with less features.

sweetylnumb

Sep 4, 2011
I think you should all buy Reus instead. Its an awesome little god game. I've heard it said that its alot better than Godus, cheaper and farrrr more interesting.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
BQE said:
For those of us who don't know much about it haven't heard anything beyond "Peter Moyneux's pet project", what can you tell us about the game? I saw it crop up on Steam but I honestly couldn't really understand what the premise is from the Steam description alone.
You slide terrain 80 % of the time. That's it. It's not only tedious the mechanics behind it make it nearly unbearable.
The other 20 % you spend waiting or clicking bubbles and houses to "harvest faith" / to get one of your little fuckers to spawn.

I'd barely call it a game at the current state.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Too much clicking.

It feels like the game was originally designed to be implemented into a social media platform but then was somehow dumped as a standalone game. The Graphics are atrocious, the characters offensive to gamers and the actual gameplay non-existent and without challenge.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
It Is very much as the description on steam page states 40% ready...
Too clicky, not enough freedom to terraform (Like you can't create terrain, you can modify existing)
The micromanagement of your... ants... They constantly need healing so having more than 10 out at once just makes you loose faith points...

IT needs a lot of work...

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Lieju said:
Exterminas said:
the characters offensive to gamers
There are characters?
Let me explain that:

The game features so called "Battles", which are essentially little minigames. You start them by clicking on a specific shrine. That Shrine connects you to a fake chat, wherein the character of other godus players talk to you briefly before starting a game. These are NPCs, mind you, the whole feature looks like it was meant to be used with other people, but since Facebook apparently didn't want the game, they staffed it with a set of characters. They are:

Amy XXX - A fifteen year old girl, that is not allowed to play by her unemployed father and has no skill.

An older woman with a cat for a profile picture - The running gag is that she is too old to play games.

A guy named Dan - who fancies himself to be super hardcore at playing Godus, but who is a pathetic virgin trying to score with the female characters. Dan is also unemployed!

So yes, I find that offensive, since it portrays people who play Godus as either immature or stupid.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
I wouldn't call it a bad game. Some things are fun. I like the idea of shaping the world and building towns in it. If they are good for their word and this is just 40% of the game, then it could turn out well.

Amakusa

Jul 12, 2012
Wonder what happened to the player that won godhood or whatever it was in the game? Wonder if he thought it was any good? heh.

In any case as it stands from the other posters, the game sounds like a bust. I expect someone to put a Peter Moyneux trololol pic/gif soon i guess.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I got it. And I do dig it. But it needs some work. Of course that goes without saying in an Early Access title.

But if they don't implement some way to harvest the "BELIEF" outside of clicking each individual hut, I'm out.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I would say this video sums up Godus
More clicking than Cookie Clicker (it's basically a mobile game at this point),and nothing interesting to do. It isn't finished, but at this stage having the game out on early access only hurts it.

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
Since the majority opinion here, thinks Godus was crap. Does this mean Peter's earlier project, that cube thing was a scam all along?