Who bought the RATM single?

Flushfacker

Mar 17, 2009
Taerdin said:
Flushfacker said:
I had the only facts that mattered.
I know right. Who needs all the facts when you have just the ones you need to allow you to call something out as a failure. Getting all the facts is for losers on debate teams, or news channels (they used to do that right?).
Right, so when you have one objective and you don't achieve that objective you don't fail? Wow, I know people are scared of failure and all but it's not healthy to plain ignore it all the time. Burying your head in the sand gets you nowhere.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Meado said:
miracleofsound said:
So is it number one or what?

When will we know?
We'll know on Sunday, at 4 o'clock. RATM is winning at the mo, but it's close.
I admit it would be pretty awesome of RATM won. That song just never seems to get old no matter how many times I hear it.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Taerdin said:
Flushfacker said:
I had the only facts that mattered.
I know right. Who needs all the facts when you have just the ones you need to allow you to call something out as a failure. Getting all the facts is for losers on debate teams, or news channels (they used to do that right?).
Pray tell, what is that funky looking robot in your avatar?

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Flushfacker said:
Right, so when you have one objective and you don't achieve that objective you don't fail? Wow, I know people are scared of failure and all but it's not healthy to plain ignore it all the time. Burying your head in the sand gets you nowhere.
Hmm... I'm not sure if you're comprehending my posts. I didn't say "they didn't fail", even though I consider coming as close as you can without succeeding to be as far from failing as you can be while still failing (which makes logical sense). Maybe you should go back and reread what I was saying, instead of making assumptions based on what you thought I was saying? Not sure. Good luck with that though.

miracleofsound said:
Asimov from the indie game Mr. Robot [http://www.moonpod.com/English/about_mr.robot.php]. Its surprisingly great considering the price and indie-ness of it. But it's pretty tough in a couple parts :)

Flushfacker

Mar 17, 2009
Taerdin said:
Hmm... I'm not sure if you're comprehending my posts. I didn't say "they didn't fail", even though I consider coming as close as you can without succeeding to be as far from failing as you can be while still failing (which makes logical sense). Maybe you should go back and reread what I was saying, instead of making assumptions based on what you thought I was saying? Not sure. Good luck with that though.
So you're calling me out on saying 'they failed' when I 'didn't have all the facts' and yet I knew they didn't stop Xfactor from reaching number 1. And now you are happy to say they failed. Yes. Makes perfect sense.

cartzo

Apr 16, 2009
i dont understand why people are saying that this whole thing contradicts the "fuck you i wont do what you tell me" lyrics, people are doing it because they want to. i downloaded the single.

by the way did anyone here them on five live, i guess the ending was pretty inevitable, yet halarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIa5NoPH9c

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Flushfacker said:
So you're calling me out on saying 'they failed' when I 'didn't have all the facts' and yet I knew they didn't stop Xfactor from reaching number 1. And now you are happy to say they failed. Yes. Makes perfect sense.
I knew you could do it! Gold star!

Wanna go for ice cream? You've earned it :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Taerdin said:
[

miracleofsound said:
Asimov from the indie game Mr. Robot [http://www.moonpod.com/English/about_mr.robot.php]. Its surprisingly great considering the price and indie-ness of it. But it's pretty tough in a couple parts :)
Just googled it, it looks pretty awesome.

For some reason though when I did a google image search, a naughty, naughty picture came up under Mr Robot. Strange one.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
I sincerely doubt that Simon Cowell is unaware of the legions of X-Factor haters and i sincerely doubt that he gives a monkey's turd about anything we do, even if the 'winner' is knocked to No. 2

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Sandwich Man said:
So, we're all buying a single en masse to get it to number one because someone told us to, because we don't want to buy a single en masse to get it to number one because someone told us to?

As far as I'm concerned they're as bad as each other, ...
This, I agree with.

The better thing is to simply not buy anything unless you genuinely enjoy listening to it.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Taerdin said:
Fragamoo said:
And I agree with all the people who have pointed out that the motto of "Fuck you I wont do what you tell me" really makes no sense when everyone is going out to get this single precisely because somebody told them to.
You know whats funny about sentences, they can be interpreted in many ways. Now I can see that if you're a person who wants to antagonize this group then you can easily say, "haha, you dont want to do what others tell you and yet you're doing this thing that someone told you to do! You're a giant hypocrite because this is the only way this makes sense to me and thus you are stupid."

But if you really can't see how this is a big Fuck You to xfactor, then either you're trying not to see it, or somethign has gone horribly wrong in your mind. Xfactor has had the number 1 single for the last four years running, its practically a guarantee at this point. Therefore the fuck you I wont do what you tell me in this case is obviously NOT MAKING THE XFACTOR SINGLE NO 1. When someone tells me, "hey could you cut off your arm for me please?" and a friend is like "hey man, dont do that!" and I tell the guy "fuck you I wont do what YOU tell ME", I'm allowed to not cut off my arm and still NOT be a hypocrite.

The fact is this statement is specific to one entity (YOU) and not all entities (as in, fuck you I don't do what anyone tells me, or fuck everyone I won't do what anyone tells me). So to not do what one person says, while doing what someone else says is not a contradiction at all, but nice try though.

QED: Learn to understand instead of antagonize for the sake of it. Seriously what the hell is wrong with the escapist forums and seeing any other point of view other than "heh heh, people are so stupid except me"
Of course I can see how this is aimed at the X-Factor. The point I was trying to get across here is that the motto really doesn't make sense. For one thing, nobody is telling you to go and buy the X-Factor winner's single.

Secondly, like I said, this is massively hypocritical. The whole point of the song is to state that you shouldn't do something just because other people tell you to, and this is ironically precisely what people are now doing. For enough people to buy RATM's single to make it a possible contender for Christmas number 1, that means that there are a LOT of people buying it. And I'm willing to bet that not all of them even like RATM that much, they are just buying it because a Facebook group said it would be really cool to get one over on the X-Factor.

Now don't get me wrong, I despise the X-Factor and all its ilk, its a massive waste of time and all it ever does is highlight the amount of weirdo's this country has so people can laugh at them, before whittling it down to a generic pop singer.

But you know what people could also do, instead of listening to the 'cool kids' and buying RATM? They could do exactly what RATM is singing about, stop following orders blindly and engage their thinking caps. If you don't like X-Factor, myself included in this number, don't watch it, don't buy the winner's single and don't get involved at all. All anyone is doing in this campaign is putting more money into Sony's pockets whilst getting a song that the majority of the country would not like to be belted out over the radio at Christmas of all times.

Whilst it would be amusing to have the radio belt out RATM to me, for many it would be incredibly annoying, more so than some generic pop song, because a great deal more people don't like RATM's style of music, and in turn that could put a downer on their Christmas.

Flushfacker

Mar 17, 2009
Taerdin said:
Flushfacker said:
I knew you could do it! Gold star!

Wanna go for ice cream? You've earned it :)
You do realise your argument makes no sense and that you contradicted yourself right? Sarcasm doesn't cross over well to the written word that I know but I thought you would at least pick up on the gaping hole in what you were saying.

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
I did, because the X Factor and its popularity is just killing the music industry, so I wanted revenge.

Besides, heavy metal for christmas no. 1? Yes please.

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
I don't know what you're talking about--but I don't watch X-Factor, I suppose. Maybe I'm missing out? No clue. Anyway. I have my music on my computer. Woo.