Who Can Beat Alex Mercer?

sgt. soap mctavish

Jun 13, 2010
Drakmeire said:
Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/26/7357.SuperTengenToppaGurrenLagann.png
That thing it's standing on. THAT'S A GALAXY!
according to the creators, it is roughly 1 billion lightyears tall
good luck with that alex.
DAMN IT! You beat me to it!

kloiberin_time

Jan 27, 2011
Let's see here...

The Doctor (Doctor Who): would just trap him in an event horizon, shackle him in chains forged in the heart of a dwarf star, just push him into the time vortex or just leave him at the end of time.

Batman (DC): Give him 5 minutes and he can beat ANYONE.

Superman (DC): Even post-crisis Supes could take him.

The Sentry (Marvel): Just like Supes but crazy.

Locke (FF6): Equip the Atma Weapon and the Valiant Knife, Genji Gloves and Offering. Quick, attack, attack. Dead.

Citan Uzuki (Xenogears): The fact that he is more powerful outside of his gear than inside of it speaks worlds about how broken he is.

Thousands more....

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Obvious ones are the invulnerable types with many powers like Superman, Mr Manhattan, Silver Surfer. Etc. Nothing Alex can do can really hurt them. They however can do things to hurt them back.

You already mentioned the overpowered super fast, strong and near invulnerable energy projectors like Goku.

Stalemates are the invulnerable types who could only indefinitely tank like Juggernaught and Hulk.

Magic types like Dr. Fate and Doctor Strange could.

Give Batman access to the data involved in his creation and enough prep time and he could.

The Flash could. Also the reverse flash who is even more broken.

There are many comic book characters who could beat him, he was created essentially in a comic book superpowered concept. He's powerful, but comic books have been at the character creation game a lot longer. This isn't getting into godlike beings like Thanos and Galactus.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
The Prince of Persia with the Water Sword that can beat the Dahaka at the end of Warrior Within.

The Dahaka had the same weakness as Mercer: Water, and the prince can just reverse time every time he makes a mistake and alex tries to assimilate him. Sooner or later, he'll destroy the body and virus with the Water Sword. Type-alignment, baby.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
monkey_man said:
katsumoto03 said:
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
...But you can die in the game.

So, just about anyone, really.
That's just for the balance in the game. YOU GET NUKED. AND YOU LIVE.
He is UN-KILLABLE.
Noone could beat him. if a nuke can't, nothing can't. Unless it's Dr. Manhattan. They are pretty much alike
If he can die in the game then he's obviously not invincible. It may be that way for balance, but you can't say that it doesn't count or make a difference because it really, really does.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Fenrir Strife said:
Night Angel Snip.
First of all, You rock. Night Angel rocks. We all rock.
Anyway, the Ka'kari can easily defeat the Ferali. Kylar just didn't do it then, as he didn't know how. All he had to do was walk straight through it. I'm guessing that he could do the same with Alex (To an extent). Also, the cellular thing, don't forget that the Ka'Kari is incredibly intelligent and cunning, and can probably do something about that. (Of course, that's just a random statement. Nothing to back it up.)

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
BFEL said:
Ok all Chuck Norris jokes aside while Alex Blacklight Mercer can regen from the smallest form of matter and matter is impossible(with currently known physics)to destroy, you could convert it into energy thus making his regeneration useless. Einstein trumps Mercer.

EDIT: as for the poster above me-WRONG!!! Alex DOES NOT "create" matter he just changes it.
As far as I understand it the blacklight virus can only affect living cells as it is... well, a virus.

Like I said earlier, any character with the capability of destroying things on an atomic level could beat mercer, but of course they'd have to kill every cell in his body.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Agayek said:
Drakmeire said:
Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/26/7357.SuperTengenToppaGurrenLagann.png
That thing it's standing on. THAT'S A GALAXY!
according to the creators, it is roughly 1 billion lightyears tall
good luck with that alex.
Ok, I have to ask. I just finished watching that series and never saw the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Where does that come from?
From the second movie, Lagann-hen

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I just had a scary thought. Water kills the virus, that's why Mercer can't leave New York, therefore Mercer's greatest threat is...

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
katsumoto03 said:
monkey_man said:
katsumoto03 said:
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
...But you can die in the game.

So, just about anyone, really.
That's just for the balance in the game. YOU GET NUKED. AND YOU LIVE.
He is UN-KILLABLE.
Noone could beat him. if a nuke can't, nothing can't. Unless it's Dr. Manhattan. They are pretty much alike
If he can die in the game then he's obviously not invincible. It may be that way for balance, but you can't say that it doesn't count or make a difference because it really, really does.
See the nuked part. He dies because it's a game.If he didn't die, where the fun? the sense of OH, my hp are low, better eat someone, is highly entertaining.
Gamecharacters never die, you just reload, and they are fine. Like the Prince of Persia does. These are just tales for entertainment.
/rant
tl;dr, he can survive a nuke. You know, the things which kill millions of people, and it turned him into goo. he still survived though.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
The Tyranids from Warhammer 40k. They've conquered multiple galaxies, they're adaptive, and they convert any and all organic matter to create more of themselves. Their dependence on the Hive Mind means that if Mercer infected a group of organisms, they would simply revert to behaving on animalistic instinct rather than being controlled by him. The Tyranids could just overwhelm Mercer with sheer numbers, then consume him and add him to their biomass.