Who Can Beat Alex Mercer?

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
Wolverine is not invincible
Well he's not if you behead him, but when was the last time you found something that could cut through adamantium? I don't know, he may not be indestructible in the comics, maybe he can drown but I haven't read the comics so going by what I've seen, he's invincible to me.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
[HEADING=1]CARLSON AND PETERS!!!![/HEADING]​

W.W.T.A.O. We Work Together As One. Miss Jade

I've been playing Beyond Good and Evil again...sue me for liking this big guy.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Diablo27 said:
While he did consume something, he survived a nuclear blast. All that was left was the infection, and after it found something to consume, Alex was reborn. He will always come back no matter what happens. That's why I think Prototype 2 (which I am anxiously awaiting) will be utterly depressing.
Didn't the first game have, like, a black-light suppression gas, or something? It's been a long time since I played it, so my memory's a bit foggy, but I'm fairly sure the military had something like that.

We'll probably use technology stemming from that.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/26/7357.SuperTengenToppaGurrenLagann.png
That thing it's standing on. THAT'S A GALAXY!
according to the creators, it is roughly 1 billion lightyears tall
good luck with that alex.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Chell. You don't have to kill him, just send him somewhere were he can't come back.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Drakmeire said:
...What the hell's his cloak made out of?

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Grabbin Keelz said:
A billion tanks and helicopters. Last time I played that killed him pretty quick.
Oh, you just weren't using the Whipfist.

Seriously, once Mercer gets the Whipfist, enemies in the game can do fuck all to him well he sits on sky-scrapers swatting them from his position of godhood. No one can best the Whipfist.

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
One of the fundamental laws of physics is that Goku always wins, no matter who is fighting who.

So, Goku.

EDIT: Ohshit, gotta be honest, I didn't read the OP o_O you have that law covered. Sorry, dude.
Oh hey, you've gone active again.

On topic: No one really. Even if Alex couldn't win, he wouldn't lose either. There isn't a single biological thing he can't assimilate, and if you evolve his powers to their logical extreme, he'll sooner or later be able to assimilate inorganic matter as well. Shit, the guy can shapeshift on the molecular fucking level, according to whatever he wills himself to be. So yeah, maybe he couldn't kill Wolverine or Superman or whatever, but he wouldn't have to. He'd just infect them and eventually his genetic structure and consciousness would subsume theirs.

So that's how he'd win, but here's how he can't lose:

If he can shapeshift to such a degree, then it follows that he could craft a second Alex Mercer if he so chose. It would be a simple matter of copying and building a replica of his own brain and then separating a lump of his own biomass for it to inhabit. QED: If you killed an Alex Mercer, and totally fucking erased all traces of the body, there's still another one out there. And presumably he could just duplicate himself all day.

And all this is before we even consider that Alex Mercer is a high functioning sociopath with no real understanding or care for moral philosophy.

Re-cap: Alex Mercer has the mental capacity to exist and manipulate matter on the nanoscopic scale, the physical capacity to self-clone ad infinitum, but lacks the emotional capacity for his clones to develop individually outside of a hive mind.

Mercer is the fucking Omega Singularity. The end and the summation of all things.

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
Toby Turner could. With his awesomeness.

But fictional characters?

Alucard. He can barely die. Plus, he's a lot more badass than Alex.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Commander Shepard.

You could fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Innegativeion said:
Drakmeire said:
...What the hell's his cloak made out of?
Pure Spiral Energy, it has the ability to alter the fabric of reality to a certain extent so that cloak is made by concentrating the energy to create something from nothing. it serves no purpose, it just looks cool.
also
THIS IS IT'S DRIIIIIILL!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Kaio-raven/1264789931325.png

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Easton Dark said:
Grabbin Keelz said:
A billion tanks and helicopters. Last time I played that killed him pretty quick.
Oh, you just weren't using the Whipfist.

Seriously, once Mercer gets the Whipfist, enemies in the game can do fuck all to him well he sits on sky-scrapers swatting them from his position of godhood. No one can best the Whipfist.
I did have the whipfist until sergeant DICKBAG took away my powers with an injection thingy. I stopped playing after that.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Diablo27 said:
artanis_neravar said:
Diablo27 said:
Nothing, Alex Mercer is technically invincible. If you put him in a fight against another invincible being such as Wolverine, they'll just fight forever.
Wolverine is not invincible
Well he's not if you behead him, but when was the last time you found something that could cut through adamantium? I don't know, he may not be indestructible in the comics, maybe he can drown but I haven't read the comics so going by what I've seen, he's invincible to me.
I believe Cyclops's beam can melt adamantium, but wolverine can not regenerate brain cells, like he can regenerate his other cells (he only has accelerated healing) so he can technically die other then that if they just beat on each other you are right and it would never end

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Joseph375 said:
Alex can be killed from air fresheners(bloodtox). Kratos killed Zeus.
He gets more and more resistant to bloodtox as the game goes on and I'm pretty sure he is immune after getting injected