who didn't buy skyrim today

Valthonis666

Nov 19, 2009
farq1414 said:
SillyBear said:
farq1414 said:
SillyBear said:
You really had to make a thread for this? Really? Just to tell us you didn't buy something because you don't like it? I didn't buy a mars bar today. Why? I don't like them.

In response to your question, who didn't buy skyrim today?

Probably a few billion people.

I bought it yesterday! hurrah! And I'm loving it to bits.
this is more along the lines that people who don't really like the game also if you love it so much why don't you just go back and play it
Because I have a son to feed and a medical course to study for?

Or I can sit here and watch you make worthless contributions. If you don't like the game, tell us why, be interesting! Don't just say "blah blah blah i didnt get it" and write two sentences.
i didn't because i the TES games have always been to open ended which while some people like i don't because my brain doesn't realy work well without a main objective. This is how i have always been it's just there is no real over reaching objective in the game and even if there is one it realy isn't stated out clearly enough.

I'm sorry, but what? Are you blind, deaf and incomprehensibly slow or just ignoring the fact Oblivion STARTS WITH AN ASSASSINATION DIRECTLY STARTING THE ENTIRE MAIN STORYLINE and you being told you MUST to go to Weynon Priory? Skyrim starts off *gets landed on by a blue Police Box, a loud airhorn going off yelling "SPOILERS!" then promptly disappearing* and all before i was even 15!

My gods, you must be one of those guys that Yahtzee mentions in a few of his videos, when he starts talking about Twitching, Ritalin popping Xbox owners who fall into a narcoleptic coma if they so much as go more than 5 minutes without an intense gunfight.

On the Matter at Hand:

Bought it yesterday on steam, which means it pre-installed and everything. Turned on my comp at around 12:05 this morning [today being the 11th], decrypted the game, and have been playing it like the almost-instant-junky i am xD

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
I didn't get due to numerous reasons.
Watched my flatmate play it on the ps3, and nothing much has REALLY changed since Oblivion, same old story nameless prisoner-no heir to throne-monster coming to destroy kingdom (this time a dragon)-you go save kingdom...again (this can be applied to any RPGs of today tbh). Gameplay same old magic, hack and slash with finishing moves (no real skill or finese to it). Leveling system practically the same as oblivion which I hated tbh, able to become a super soldier and practically invicible mid way through loses all of the challenge. Graphically looks quite good, but on the PC the textures is a bit lacking from what I have seen. Bugs? well check skyrim forum and see its not really bug free (what games isn't? on launch).
I rather wait till things are fixed, more mods are out, drop in price before getting it... maybe. That's my 2 cents.

As of why should there be thread on this? Why not? There's endless amount of "I bought skyrim today look at me" threads out there, and argument that I didn't buy a mars bar today so I should start a thread is a bit daft, I mean I bought a far superior snickers bar today and I have yet to start a thread on the chocolate nutty goodness. As long as a thread is open to some constructive discussion, I am all for it. And hopefully Bethesda will address some of the reasons why customers don't, or hesitating on why they might or might not want to get their product. I personally blame fanboys defending their game they just bought till the bitter end, just encourages developers releasing buggy games at launch and day 1 patches. I prefer to have a experience where the game is not game breaking full of bugs or crashes that happen so often that removes the immersion. Can I have a game thats ready when it is done, not when fanboys demand "WE WANT IT NOW, NO YESTERDAY, NO LAST YEAR" mentality.

"Or is that just me?"

gizmo2300

Jul 10, 2009
Used my spending money on Arkham City, so no. But I look forward to buying it once I have spare cash

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
I didn't. As a general rule I never buy things on Day 1.

Let's see how it holds in six-to-eight months and then we can talk.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
I didn't because I'm only 9 hours into Oblivion so I have a lot to catch up. I never buy a game when I have played little of the previous one I bought. Also I would never buy a game on day 1. .... Unless its Zelda.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
I didn't but not for the other reasons, I know if I get it then I'll just stop reading and working at home and I have tons of reading to do and a lot of work too. So I'm waiting till Christmas and then I'll whore the hell out of it until I have to go back to uni ;)

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
farq1414 said:
so i logged in today and can to lock at forums to find like 6 skyrim threads or more so a question came to mind am i the only person here that did't buy Skyrim cause i know I'm not the only person that doesn't like the elder scrolls games here.
One of the good old mottos of The Escapist is needed here:
You are never the only one. 6 threads doesn't mean our entire userbase has bought the game.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
With budgetary restrictions, it came down to Skyward Sword or Skyrim. I let the collector's editions decide. When Skyrim's came out to be $160 with the price tag being so high for a freaking dragon statue and Skyward Sword being half the price with an actual functioning replacement remote (that I really do need), the choice was obvious.

Logically, the special editions that cost an arm and a leg for some pointless piece of non-functional merchandise should be completely eradicated by now... Were it not for the fact you chowder heads keep fucking buying them! Man, I like when it costs only $10-$20 and just comes with something like an art book or a cool carrying case like the lunchbox from Fallout 3. A dragon statue... Ridiculous. I'd say the only other statue more pointless was the Halo Reach statue. A crew of characters with literally no development who compete for the most dramatic death before I can even learn which number corresponds to which boring personality archetype... Yeah, that's a memento I need.

Oh well. I get my Wii remote.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I'm waiting for it to get here in the mail.
Hopefully I'll get it soon. I'm dieing here!

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I sadly didn't. I do not have the money yet. I want to play it so very badly!

Sieni

Aug 8, 2009
My computer overheats in half a minute when playing games with better graphics, so I couldn't buy it. T_T

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Did not buy it because the IB leaves me with no time. Probably wont be able to play it for a year and a half or so.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
I'm not going to for a while, save up for a PC that can handle it first. Also gives them a chance to bring out some updates.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
I didn't. If I did, my social life and education would go right down the drain, so I'm waiting for the holidays to pick it up:)