Who else didn't like Portal 2?

Nova Helix

Mar 17, 2010
I thought the puzzles were much easier (they got easier the further you got), I spent more time running a linear path than using portals, overall I just thought meh. The only thing that kept me playing was the story and now that I beat it I'm just selling it back and playing portal 1.

Am I the only one that thought like this?

EDIT: Changed the title, hopefully people can talk about the game now.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Not likely.

Oh don't look at me, I haven't played it. My dislike of the series is due to all the meme trash from the first game. But hey it'll be worth the $2.50 when I get it, I'm sure.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Just an FYI, you are never ever the only one.

EDIT: Made OP change his title ^_^

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
I do feel like the focus on the game has somewhat shifted. The puzzles do feel easier, but in the meantime, the story and comedy are so much better. I haven't actually tried it yet, but I have been given the impression that the co-op is much more eeh.. puzzle-focused then the singleplayer, so might be worth sticking with the game until you find someone else to play with.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
Sleekgiant said:
This a thousand times, please stop asking this god damn stupid question.

And yes, I loved portal 2.

fierydemise

Mar 14, 2008
If you haven't tried coop yet, find a friend and do it. I agree with you on most of those points (especially the lack of difficult puzzles) but the coop mode fixes most of those quite well. I spent a few hours with a friend playing coop tonight (got 3 sections done) and it was a ton of fun.

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
As long as an opinion exist, there will always be an opposing opinion.

To be honest, they did go a little overboard. The game was easy, but it was a much more cinematic version of the original. But that's what I loved about it.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
No. Now never ask a question like that ever again.

At least change it to something like, "What was wrong with portal 2?" or "What can be done about Portal 2's difficulty?" as opposed to a generic thread title

Arkonnan

Feb 2, 2010
If you are not alone, you are certainly within a small minority

Also, @deadlyyellow-don't dislike something because idiots on the internet constantly told you that the cake was a lie, although I will admit that gets annoying after awhile.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
You clearly have never met me.
OT: I haven't played the game but from what I've seen on youtube and elsewhere, its hilarious and since I hate shooters thats all I care about in Portal.

Edit: Also= SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!@@@@##!!!!!!

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Not I, I loved Portal 2. I thought the end boss fight and the little bit just before that didn't quite measure up to the first game, but the rest of it was just like Portal only better. The best part of Portal has always been GLaDOS and her taunting, and this one gave me plenty more of that as well as a surprising amount of character development.

"Ahh! Bird! Bird! Kill it! It's evil." I laughed my ass off at that scene, as well as plenty of others. "Like an eagle... piloting a blimp."

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
The puzzle difficulty is non-linear. It has to throw an easy puzzle or two at your for every new element added so less game savvy people stand a chance. Overall the puzzles do get harder. People claim the puzzles require less "ninja skills" than the Portal 1 puzzles did, which is true. However this is not true to an extent that makes the Portal 2 puzzles easier. They really didn't require twitch aiming skills.

The puzzles were fun, the humor was amazing, the voice acting was spectacular and the story was good. I got a solid 12 hours of play out of one run through of the single player and multiplayer, and I plan to replay the single player for the achievements.

Solid 9.5 -> 10 / 10 from me. Only annoyance I found was the amount loading screens. If that's your game's biggest fault I believe you've done some good.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I like it but it does feel a bit off, I thought my taste in games got sullied so I went back to Portal 1 and it's quite a different experience.
Hard to put my finger on any one thing, it's just a sum of minor annoyances that I really wouldn't expect to be in this game.

Indecipherable

Mar 21, 2010
It lacked the originality of the first (duh) but it delivered exactly what it said on the box. It was pretty funny and the puzzles were interesting. I'm not sure what else you would expect out of the game.

gsf1200

Oct 22, 2008
They probably took out the twitch aiming to make it easier on the consoles. There were puzzles in the first one that were really difficult with a controller. The puzzles in portal 2 made me think several times, but once you figured out what to do, they were easy to accomplish. They also greatly improved the mechanics, too. It was much easier to hit a portal, and much, much easier to take a cube through one.