Who else gets results tomorrow? (UK A levels)

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Simple question, share your stories of fear, hope and expectation.

Myself, I've only got ASes to wait for - but as I'm going for Oxford, I need to get 90% in half my AS modules (both Latin and Greek ones), and you can imagine the effect that has on nerves :p regardless of how well I might think the exams went.

Discuss, pole vault or javelin to your hearts' content.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
A level students have to wait for this long? how agonising it must be.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I am. I'm expecting really crap results. Nothing higher than D's to be honest. Tests never went well for me, not expecting these ones to have gone any better. Not really sure what I'm going to be doing when I get the results, especially if they're bad results.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Just gonna point out (because I'm a picky bastard) that Scotland (I dunno about the other countries in the UK) doesn't have A levels, we have... I can never remember which one A level applies to, I think it's Highers. So the correct title would be
Who else gets results tomorrow? (England A levels) :p

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Still waiting.

I've found it very hard to re-do my personal statement until I can be assured that my effort won't go to waste.

I mean, if my grades aren't good enough, the statement won't matter.

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Is it that time of year again? I remember getting mine last year. Was pretty nervous, it really starts getting to you about a week before, but in the end it all turned out fine.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I am!

I applied to Newcastle and got an offer of ABB, so I need that if I want to avoid a worse University. I don't know if I'll do it or not. I can never remember anything about exams I've sat, even when I've only just left them.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Most Scottish pupils got their Higher and Standard Grade results 2 weeks ago, I celebrated by going out drinking with my mates.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
I need to get an A* and two As in Maths, more Maths, and Physics (mostly maths). Not that I'm especially worried. The A* I've already got the grades for, and the As I should have more than beaten.
I'm also collecting an AS chemistry result but, pff

Coming out of the exams, I felt I did badly, but I always think that.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I remember my A-level results day years ago, didnt actually open the envelope for 4 months after going to get them, didn't really care.

Always remember my mates parents arguning with the head of year because their son "didn't get A+,A+,A+,A+ in his subject and accusing the school of doing something wrong, a classic middle class scene.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I get mine tomorrow. All I want is above an E in Biology so I can carry on doing that and not another year of... Geography. Dun dun duuun!

Other than that, don't really mind, since I got no plans to go to University. Good results would be nice, but tissues won't be necessary if they're not that grand.

NinjaDuckie

Sep 9, 2009
I got well enough two years ago to get into the University of Greenwich, so I'm pretty happy, and this second year of my degree just gone, I got a 2:1, so I guess all is well with the world.

Note that my A levels were B/C/D (Film/Law/Music Tech) and an AS in Spanish.
And I'm doing a degree in Creative Writing. Bahahaha, what a strange combination of subjects.

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
Tharwen said:
I am!

I applied to Newcastle and got an offer of ABB, so I need that if I want to avoid a worse University. I don't know if I'll do it or not. I can never remember anything about exams I've sat, even when I've only just left them.
I forgot my results from January already..

I pretty hopeful I have done enough to get into my Uni of choice. If not, then it's my own fault for not trying hard enough ^.^

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Serving UpSmiles said:
Most Scottish pupils got their Higher and Standard Grade results 2 weeks ago, I celebrated by going out drinking with my mates.
Insert joke about the Scottish here.

SirBryghtside said:
I've got my GCSE results coming in next week, but I did one A-Levelish thing (Additional Maths) early.

Not too worried about that, pretty sure I aced it.
I remember Add Maths, mostly cause I have no idea how I got an A and my classmate who consistently beat me got a B... guessing you're predicted a high grade?

GCSE results are always a pain cause it's the first time you've experienced those sorts of nerves...

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
Yeah, I get my results tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, just to see which university I get into.
Or whether I'll be joining the Army...

Glowbug

Jul 10, 2011
I have my GCSE results coming in about a week, and, yeah. Solidarity with my A-Level brothers, yo.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I, like many other Irish students, recieved their Leaving Certificate results today.
I'll be sitting the exam next year as I didn't get enough points for my courses.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Hoooo... got my A-level results such a long time ago (came in fits and spurts for about six years... weird...).

And in the end, with my offer of BB from IC (and idiotically, my offer from UCL was just one B...), I was way more stressed that I needed to be...