Who else here is a blatant heretic?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Meh, I'm not a fan. Not that I have anything against the guy, I just don't see the appeal. Personally, I'm more partial to the likes of Cryaotic and JackSepticEye.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I find him incredibly annoying. My old girlfriend told me she was watching a Let's Play and showed me him for the first time. I should have known then and there it wasn't going to work out.

The only LPs I watch are for specific games/series that I like. EpicNameBro for Dark Souls and HeirofCarthage for Total War

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
bartholen said:
And willing to admit that they like PewDiePie?
While the bile he's received over the years has certainly diminished a great deal on this site, it still seems he has a sort of negative connotation when he's mentioned. And I don't really get why. Okay, having built the biggest channel on one of the largest entertainment outlets of the century by just playing video games when there's so much better stuff that requires so much more effort is kind of... ehh, but I don't really get what there is about him that people hate so much.
I don't know, why does the internet hate Nickleback to the point of absurdity for the heinous crime of "being a mediocre band". The internet is full of people who are prone to herd thinking.
I think it's seen as cool to hate him, so a lot of people do it simply because of that.

I've only seen one bit of Pewdie's content, and that was his Let's Play of PT, and I didn't find it that bad. I can see why some people don't like it, and don't want to watch it, because I too don't care to watch anymore of his content. But not out of hate, simply because I just don't find it compelling or entertaining.

As to why some people develop a rage boner over hating him? *shrugs* People are fucking stupid sometimes?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Eh, I used to enjoy his videos. Well, some of them. Didn't seem to be anything I felt like watching recently, so I unsubscribed a few months back or so. I typically just stick to the Yogscast or Markiplier now. And Robbaz and Criken2.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I get the impression people don't like the legacy he's left (i.e. he was probably a big part in growing the YouTuber fake screaming at horror games thing).

Personally I'm neither here nor there on him. I remember vaguely enjoying one of his videos a few years ago, but I don't look him up. Seems like a decent guy though.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I did take note in his charitable act in bringing potable water to those in need (or something there of). His videos aren't for me (not that I've tried) but I'm willing to believe he's a decent person.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
erttheking said:
Truth be told, I don't know anything about him and I really couldn't care less about him.
I clicked on one of his videos once. I was looking for some non-AVGN Seaman footage to show my dad (he's a Leonard Nimoy fan, but I didn't want profanity and shit in the video), and I just clicked the top hit. So I watched about a minute, since I was already there.

He's annoying. But I clicked out and didn't pay him much mind.

In fact, this my be the first time I've given him any thought since then.

Happyninja42 said:
I don't know, why does the internet hate Nickleback to the point of absurdity for the heinous crime of "being a mediocre band". The internet is full of people who are prone to herd thinking.
Yeah, that's stupid. It's not like they're Creed or anything. >.>

Though honestly, I think they're pretty bad. Just, apparently, nowhere near on the level of hate the internet has decided they deserve.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
I'm a Markiplier/Game Grumps kind of guy, so I got no problem with either the concept of PewDiePie or his particular shtick, but his sense of humor doesn't really mesh with mine. Doesn't piss me off either--I've watched and enjoyed some of his videos, particularly the P.T. one--but though he seems like a pretty cool dude, I'm not a subscriber or a fan.

That said, some playthroughs have been mentioned in this thread I feel like looking up.

Street Halo

Jun 7, 2016
Not a fan but I've no problem with him. That said I can see why others might, he's too hyper.

Personally I prefer Nerd3, TB and a new up and comer ItsGWC.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
My opinion on PewDiePie and his content can be best (originally typed in 'bessed', wtf is wrong with me?) summed up into 6 letters.

IDGARA

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Not a big fan of let's plays with commentary, though he was my first experience, and last for him. I don't hate him, but you won't see me looking for his videos. I learnt instantly that it isn't something i enjoy, so why do so many people give him attention if they don't like him? Can't they just ignore and get on with their own lives? Most of the really popular entertainment is shit, there's no point going out looking for things you know you hate just so you can comment on how much you hate it. I could waste my whole life looking online for things i dislike. There is just too much and nobody has the time or influence that they seem to think they do. Improve your own life and those around you instead of bringing down others.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Something Amyss said:
Happyninja42 said:
Yeah, that's stupid. It's not like they're Creed or anything. >.>

Though honestly, I think they're pretty bad. Just, apparently, nowhere near on the level of hate the internet has decided they deserve.
That's fine, you can not like a band, I personally don't like them too much. Of their songs I've heard, I don't mind them. I don't think they're great, but I don't think they're terrible. 2 of their songs I genuinely think are very good, but I don't plan on buying any of their albums. I dunno, I just...I mean unless you're Immortan Joe, the sin of being "MEDIOCRE!" just doesn't really tickle my jimmy much. So they're not great, so what? They're hardly the worst band out there. Why get furious over a band that isn't the worst band? Or get furious at all for that matter? It's just music, or pewdiepie. Go watch/listen to something you actually enjoy, and not worry about it. The plural you of course, not you specifically.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Happyninja42 said:
That's fine, you can not like a band, I personally don't like them too much. Of their songs I've heard, I don't mind them. I don't think they're great, but I don't think they're terrible. 2 of their songs I genuinely think are very good, but I don't plan on buying any of their albums. I dunno, I just...I mean unless you're Immortan Joe, the sin of being "MEDIOCRE!" just doesn't really tickle my jimmy much. So they're not great, so what? They're hardly the worst band out there. Why get furious over a band that isn't the worst band? Or get furious at all for that matter? It's just music, or pewdiepie. Go watch/listen to something you actually enjoy, and not worry about it. The plural you of course, not you specifically.
Worst band is clearly The Shaggs. Well, I don't know. They were paid not to play. Maybe there's a band so bad they were paid not to make an album.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
I've never watched his videos. He seems like one of those YouTubers who derives humor from quick edit cuts. I used to find that stuff amusing like 10 years ago with Ask a Ninja, but the mystique has worn off.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I don't really know him but he seems an alright guy. I've got no interest in his videos myself but it doesn't bother me that other people do.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I really don't like his main content because I don't find it funny and a kinda obnoxious (just not my style of video), but anytime I've seen real-talk videos he seems like a pretty sound guy who is passionate about what he does. I think he gets way too much shit from people on the internet.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Phasmal said:
Mmm, nah. I don't watch other people play games, it makes my fingers twitchy.
I think I saw like one clip of him playing Amnesia? That was kind of funny, because that was before I knew who he was. But otherwise no.
Nothing against him personally, I just don't find it fun to watch other people play games, regardless of whether they're screaming in a squeaky voice about it.

I know it's kind of weird of me, but I've just never seen the appeal.
Seconded. I don't understand watching other people play games like that. And to become famous for it? Just baffles me.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Sonmi said:
Most likely a good person, the few times I've seen him out of character he seemed like an alright person.

That being said, I think his content is absolutely insufferable. It's loud, obnoxious, and generally empty of thought... no a big fan of his online presence, let's say.
Going with this

Kids are his main target audience, probably. I never really bother forming an serious opinion on stuff that is not targeted to me. Especially if its stuff for kids.

the December King said:
Phasmal said:
Mmm, nah. I don't watch other people play games, it makes my fingers twitchy.
I think I saw like one clip of him playing Amnesia? That was kind of funny, because that was before I knew who he was. But otherwise no.
Nothing against him personally, I just don't find it fun to watch other people play games, regardless of whether they're screaming in a squeaky voice about it.

I know it's kind of weird of me, but I've just never seen the appeal.
Seconded. I don't understand watching other people play games like that. And to become famous for it? Just baffles me.
I keep up with the weekly 'lets drown out' series from Yahtzee(& Gabe), but its more of a podcast anyway.
I have it play on my laptop when i'm gaming.

But the let's plays the focus on the actual game, played by 1 single person, are probably mostly watched by kids/teens. Seems like its the main target audience for most let's plays.
Maybe they can't afford the game, or they enjoy the persona, or whatever, who cares.