Who else is actually getting these bad boys?

LinkasZelda

May 2, 2011
Persona 4 MC glasses!
I know I've already pre-ordered a pair.
Being blind has it's advantages.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=COS-8987&template=default/product/e_display.html

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Not owning the game, I have no frame of reference to like either the protagonist or glasses.

But I must say those are pretty dorky, and definitely not worth (what Google tells me) $92 USD.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Considering they cost £55 and my eye sight is perfect. Definitely not.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I wear glasses, but I also like sex, so i'll keep my normal thin black rimmed inconspicuous glasses.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Uhm. So...

*Cough*

Do they enable personal vertical takeoff? X-ray vision?

I don't get it ><. They don't even look particularly good.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
But I must say those are pretty dorky, and definitely not worth (what Google tells me) $92 USD.
If they're actually corrective they could be worth a hell of a lot more that that.

LockeDown

Sep 27, 2009
Nope. Never played Persona (nothing against the franchise, I just haven't played it), and so I have little to no desire to spend $50+ on glasses that don't improve my eyesight.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
Cain_Zeros said:
DeadlyYellow said:
If they're actually corrective they could be worth a hell of a lot more that that.
that's just for the frames, the lenses would cost more

OT: not really my style, they're fine if your into that kinda thing. but i don't really care for replicas.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Nothing wrong with my vision, so not much of a point for me.

[sub]I wish they still had some of those shirts in stock, having a torso is something most people do.[/sub]

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
If I can get them fitted to my eyesight, I wear glasses, I might buy a pair.
This one says:
- The lens can be replaced with a degree in a specialty store regular glasses as a fashion item for everyday use is also recommended as well!
But then it also says:

- This one can experience the world of P4, also satisfactory dish bears a developer! !

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
G33kGoddess said:
Persona 4 MC glasses!

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=COS-8987&template=default/product/e_display.html
I already wear glasses.

Plus...I have glasses with a funny nose and moustache.

LinkasZelda

May 2, 2011
FalloutJack said:
G33kGoddess said:
Persona 4 MC glasses!

I already wear glasses.

Plus...I have glasses with a funny nose and moustache.
I wear glasses too, but am getting real lenses in these to see :D

Vault boy Eddie said:
I wear glasses, but I also like sex, so i'll keep my normal thin black rimmed inconspicuous glasses.
Um.. that's a little harsh, isn't it? They're pretty standard frames here. I don't get why people are saying they're not nice.. but to each their own, I guess.
The main reason I want them is that
1) I need new glasses
2) I liked person 4
3) I happen to like these and can wear them with prescription lenses.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Suilenroc said:
Cain_Zeros said:
DeadlyYellow said:
that's just for the frames, the lenses would cost more

OT: not really my style, they're fine if your into that kinda thing. but i don't really care for replicas.
Oh. That's a little ridiculous then, yeah.

LinkasZelda

May 2, 2011
Cain_Zeros said:
G33kGoddess said:
Cain_Zeros said:
Oh. That's a little ridiculous then, yeah.
You think..? I usually see frames go for about 100.
Huh... Well, I guess I wouldn't know, since I've never had to buy glasses...
The thing about these is that they're not just crappy replicas. They're actually made to be frames that can be used with lenses. So it makes sense that they're as expensive as the real deal. I've paid 200 for frames before.. so these actually seem pretty cheap.

It gets expensive when it comes down to lenses.. about 150~ each and you need 2!

greenitedaze

Dec 2, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
Not owning the game, I have no frame of reference to like either the protagonist or glasses.

I'm with deadly on this one, apart from the currency. £55 out of me sky rocket. Me thinks not.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
These look nice, but I prefer the glasses I'm wearing right now. I've never liked plastic glasses anyways.