Who here brought, or is buying a Vita?

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Y'know I really thought that there was no point in buying a Vita. I've never had good experience with handhelds, apart from the Gameboy Advance. I was severely disappointed in my PSP, and even the DS although everyone loves it, very few games for it really interested me. So I never thought I'd want the Vita. However it actually appears to have a good line up. I have trouble trusting Sony, but I am very tempted. How about you?

Capcha: heart break. That's what I'm trying to avoid here capcha :(

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
I got one on day 1, pretty much because I like having nice new things. I bought Rayman Origins for it (great game, but I'd already played through it on the PS3) and that's the only PS Vita game I've played at any great length. The other two games I own are Uncharted: Golden Abyss and LittleBigPlanet and both of them are just not for me, so I've spent most of my time with Rayman and the Ratchet and Clank PSP game I downloaded from the store.

The newest Ratchet and Clank will be available for PS3 and Vita soon and will have cross-play, so I'm hoping my Vita gets more usage next month. I would not advise you to get one if you are on-the-fence about it, as it's a lot of money and the PSP didn't turn out to be much of a handheld gem.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I've had mine since launch, and due to a nice pre-order bonus from Futureshop (canadian Bas-Buy), I got a free 4gb card with it. I haven't needed to upgrade card size as I just use it for saves, some tunes, and a few DL games. By the time I feel the need to upgrade my memory size, the prices will be cheaper or third party cards will available.

Have plenty of games for it, and looking forward to picking up AC3L, and Ragnarok Odyssey next week. I play it pretty much every day, and always on party chat with some of the guys I have made friends with over Blazblue especially.

I've had little issue with the library, or hardware. I'm not one who needs some super awesome, high profile game to come out every week or whatever. I got enough patience and am fine with some stretched out releases....though Ragnarok Odyssey has drove my patience with its constant push backs.

If you got a Vita, and want some Wipeout or Blazblue competition, I'll be happy to face you >:)

Seriously, the Vitas D-pad is the best damn D-pad ever.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Don't have one now, but I think I'll get one eventually.

There's just not enough interesting games on it/on the horizon for me to justify purchasing it right now. I mean, it's pretty much just Rayman Origins for right now, and Persona 4 Portable in the near future. Not much else I'm aware of that interests me.

And I'm still getting plenty of life out of the PSP I have now. I'm currently using it to catch up on all the Final Fantasy games I've missed, and I've still got a bunch to go through.

Maybe when I finish them, the Vita will have a more substantial library to choose from.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
If you're unsure, don't, don't take the plunge.

I've had mine since the NA launch. Before, actually: I pre-ordered the First Edition bundle, so I got it a week early. It got quite a bit of use when I first got it, but substantially less so as time when on. This summer, I barely touched it at all. I'm using it a bit more lately, and I know that, as of Tuesday, I'll be playing it a whole hell of a lot (probably shouldn't say why). I love it. It's a stellar piece of tech, and when I'm travelling between home and school (it's a four hour train ride), it's a Godsend.

But the library is just... meh. I mean, while it does a really good job with console ports - games like Mortal Kombat, Rayman Origins, and Disgaea 3 all play really well - they're just that. Ports. If you've already got them on console, there isn't a huge incentive to purchase them for the Vita. Some of them do have extra goodies, but I don't know if it's worth buying what is, at its core, the same game. And, if they weren't titles that interested you the first time around, the handheld versions aren't going to change your mind (unless you think the idea of playing them on a handheld is SOOOO cool).

It really just lacks the kind of exclusive titles it needs to be a guaranteed buy. Like, Uncharted is fine, but it obviously isn't on the level of its console brethren, so a lot of people give it a really hard time. Resistance, while it wasn't a bad attempt at a handheld first-person shooter, was just underwhelming. Games like Wipeout, LittleBigPlanet and Modnation Racers are fine, but, I mean, they amount to little more than ports, when all is said and done: a few new ideas, maybe a couple of mechanics that make use of the Vita's hardware, but they aren't different enough to make them must-haves, unless you're an uber-fan of the series. In my opinion, anyway.

I'd recommend you wait. Let the price on both the unit and the memory cards come down a little bit. Let it get its first holiday season out of the way. Next year, when some prices are lower, it'll be worth it, easily, as there will be more titles to choose from. Let Sony implement the cross-buy system. If I could go back, I'd tell last year's me to wait, as well. It will be such a better buy, overall.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I've had mine since NA launch, and I was kicking myself in the ass for it for too many months. Recently though, I've been getting ever more use out of it and I'm glad I have one. There just wasn't any bonus for having it so early.

LittleBigPlanet Vita is fantastic and IMO is better than the two PS3 offerings. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is an amazing game, particularly if you liked 999. I'd still wait for a price drop if you're afraid of a heartbreak, because by then there's sure to be more games in a variety of genres for the holiday season.

One thing I like about it is that I have Persona 1-3 PSP on my memory stick, so when P4 Golden comes out I'll have the whole "quadrilogy" on Vita, playable anywhere. Another note is I feel the Vita version of Rayman Origins looks the best due to the vibrant colors of the OLED screen serving it well, but that might just be me. There's really some amazing hardware here once developers decide what to do with it.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I just preordered the Assassin's Creed bundle last night, actually, so I'll be getting one on Tuesday. I'll be picking up Gravity Rush and Ragnarok Odyssey with it, and I'm tentatively considering UMvC3, BlazBlue, Rayman Origins, and LittleBigPlanet, and I'm looking forward to Persona 4: The Golden, Soul Sacrifice, and hoping that the Vanillaware games get a North American release. It'd be awesome if they localized Tales of Innocence for it as well, but... well, Namco Bandai hates money almost as much as Squeenix does, so.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
I'm short on cash to spare right now, but I'll pick one up soon. I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I can see myself getting one at the end of the year earliest.

I'm really considering Assassin's Creed bundle.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I have one and love it. I just wish there were more good games out for it. :/

Sure, we'll have Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Persona 4 Golden, and Ragnarok: Odyssey coming out in the next month, but what else is there to look forward to?

Not much, to be honest.

Still, it's a great system with great graphics and controls. Gravity Rush stands as my favorite handheld game ever, right next to Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
I've been waiting for the Assassins Creed bundle to come out, so next week for me. I really have a tough time understanding the people who are already calling it a dead system. It hasn't even been out for a year or seen the holiday season yet and people are calling it dead. Remember what people said about the 3DS in its first year? Well look at how much better it's doing now. The Vita's going to sell much better next year when the price drop hits.

Apr 24, 2008
I really don't need a handheld, but I'd like a vita.

I like Tenchu games so Shinobido 2 has been fairly alluring for a while now. If the Assassins Creed game turns out to be awesome, I might just have to pull the trigger on getting one. It could bridge the gap between now and the PC version of AC3 coming out.

Why, Ubi? Why? Why you always delay the PC version? You suck!

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
i'm planning to buy vita when money situation improves a tittle. My ipod and HDTV died pretty much on a same week and had to use my saved cash on those. probably will buy it in first months of 2013.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
I'll consider buying a Vita once some good RPGs come out.

Right now, all it has in the US is Disgaea 3 (which is a series I'm not a fan of), Persona 4 (which comes out later this year), and a few others.

I'm still enjoying my PSP though.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
mabie ill buy one in a year or two, just on the off chance we get release screwed here in the uk, that and the price would be alot lower by then.