Who here brought, or is buying a Vita?

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I will be buying it the same day Persona 4; Golden comes out, hell, that game is almost worth the Vita alone

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
I recently got one, and I'm loving it. It actually has quite a lot of games, and some very good ones at that. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is fun, LittlebBigPlanet Vita is a full LittleBigPlanet experience in the palm of your hand, and Gravity Rush is straight up brilliant. Combine this with some creative downloadable titles like Escape Plan, as well as cross buy on a couple of big upcoming releases, and I have no regrets whatsoever :)

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
ProtoChimp said:
Y'know I really thought that there was no point in buying a Vita. I've never had good experience with handhelds, apart from the Gameboy Advance. I was severely disappointed in my PSP, and even the DS although everyone loves it, very few games for it really interested me. So I never thought I'd want the Vita. However it actually appears to have a good line up. I have trouble trusting Sony, but I am very tempted. How about you?

Capcha: heart break. That's what I'm trying to avoid here capcha :(
WARNING: DO NOT BUY IT YET!

I bought one a bit ago because I believed the hype and mostly wanted something to play PS1 games on the go with. I really wish I had gotten a tablet instead. There are almost no good games (aside from PSP games, which I could have played on a much cheaper PSP, and they, unless I'm mistaken can play PS1 games), and the games all cost a fuck of a lot of money. I was absurdly excited about being able to play my PS3 from anywhere (Red Dead on the road? FUCK YEAH!), but that feature is limited in the number of games in can play (possibly none unless I'm mistaken).

Seriously, I'm deeply considering selling mine. You probably shouldn't buy one just yet unless you plan to mod it heavily to get the portable play working fully (which is fucking so annoying that through illegal modding I can do it, but not through Sony, probably because they want me to buy a Vita version of my PS3 games instead).

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
I intend to get one specifically for Persona 4 golden. Also I think that the vita will eventually see some success

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
I traded in my vita for a ds and three games.

I had my ds stolen a long time ago and I still have a bunch of GBA games, so I don't want to get a 3ds.

The battery life was just a dealbreaker for me. I spend a lot of time on the bus and waiting for the bus, so something running out after 3 hours is not really for me.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
I don't have a job, and school's been keeping me pretty busy. I've actually been trying to cut down on video games, so I probably won't get one for quite a while, if ever.

Plus the whole 3DS thing of 'once I have it, what do I play on it?'

Nomad of the Stars

Oct 28, 2012
Bought it on launch, I remember the biggest factor causing me to want it was Persona 4: The Golden. I've actually spent quite a lot of time on it really although for the most part it's been on PSP games, Gravity Rush is the only Vita game I've genuinly put time into. It's actually pretty damn fun.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I want a PS Vita for Persona 4 Golden, but I'm not too sure with all the issues that it has right now. I'll probably just wait until a new version is released.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
If you don't like handhelds, then i suppose this one won't change your mind. I use mine for more than just gaming. Netflix, Flickr, Facebook and Youtube all have apps for it an they are really well done.

As far as games go, once developers stop looking at it as 'psp again, lets make shitty games and ports LAWL' Then i'm sure it will do better. Ragnarok Odyssey is going to be amazing and hopefully if it sells enough they'll bring over the new Ys game for the vita as well. I really enjoy those games and hopefully it gets localized as i want to play it

Its a decent music player, and takes really quick pictures, so if you want something in the moment, its perfect. (I.E. Daughters First birthday and got great shots of her devouring a miniature cake, with minimal blur.

All in all it comes down to what you are looking for. If you're looking for the miniature ps3. Give it time. If you want an above average mobile gaming device, get the Vita. If you like Nintendo, get a DS or a 3DS. If you want a tablet, get a tablet.

But honestly, do more research, look at games coming out or that are out and get a feel for them, watch youtube Let's Plays and get a feel for the system. Head to a local game retailer and ask if they have a demo model. I did all of these things and haven't been disappointed yet with my vita. Also keep an ear to the ground as Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to the Vita, and thats going to be absolutely amazing. Just my 2 cents worth though. Take it as you will.

Feb 22, 2009
I might get one eventually. The only thing that really interests me for it right now is that Assassin's Creed game though, so doesn't seem worth buying yet. I mean, I bought a 3DS and ended up buying nothing but remakes of old games for it because Nintendo are morons and just keep releasing stuff for the original DS instead.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
taciturnCandid said:
I traded in my vita for a ds and three games.

I had my ds stolen a long time ago and I still have a bunch of GBA games, so I don't want to get a 3ds.

The battery life was just a dealbreaker for me. I spend a lot of time on the bus and waiting for the bus, so something running out after 3 hours is not really for me.
I know its a moot point now, but turning down the brightness and putting the device in airplane mode saves a ton more battery life than normal, and mine usually dies after about 5 to 7 hours of use, and that includes Netflix and YouTube watching. Might have been a faulty battery, would have RMA'd it first before trading it in.

Playing The System

Oct 24, 2012
I was thinking about getting one due to it's robust graphics and that weird Silent Hill game that's coming out for it, but went for the 3DS due to the Zelda release and all those Pokémon games, still think I made the right choice. =3

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Anthraxus said:
Can you run emulators on it yet ? If not, I don't see any reason to get it.
You can run PSP and PS1 games from PSN. But nothing like a hacked CFW PSP would.

If it tells you anything I own more Vita games than 3DS games, and 2 out of 3 of my 3DS games are N64 ports. I have about 5 Vita games.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I hear they are planing a price drop in 2013, I'll get it as soon as that happens. Even before games, I just love the way the thing looks and feels. And I feel there are plenty of games, uncharted, LBP, Gravity rush, assassins creed, Disgaea, tearaway, then all full ports many coming in combos with the ps3 game like Playstation all stars.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
I have a Vita and I have been loving it.

P.S. I played Assassins Creed Liberation at the EB Expo and trust me, it does not disappoint. Very fun game.

Jumendez-sama

May 19, 2010
Bought one used for Persona 4: Golden. I'd like to see Ys: Celceta no Junkai brought stateside. I'm hoping the upcoming ports Atelier Totori Plus and Muramasa: The Demon Blade will come over as well after they're released.

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
Bought one a while ago and am loving it. Have already finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Unit 13 and Metal Gear Solid HD. One of the best hand held consoles I have ever owned IMO.

Dire Sloth

Filthy Casual
Jun 23, 2012
It's so pretty, oh so pretty!
It's also the first handheld I've had since the GBA. Make sure you've got the dough to spend, though. The system + memory card + game(s) just... oh god, I never want to spend that much on a handheld again, regardless of how much I love it.
Uncharted: GA is really great, too! Be sure to try that one. I actually enjoyed it much, MUCH more than the 3 on the PS3. They really went all out to make use of the Vita's features (touch screen front/back, camera, gyroscope for aiming, so on...)