Who here will not be playing GTAV?

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
Ruzinus said:
Lack of interest. Reviews might change my mind, but the previews I saw did nothing for me.
It's a GTA game. Perfect scores across the board is a given, it happens with all of them. If you really buy it off reviews I can guarantee that you will buy it.

Honestly I do not have enough faith that my Xbox will be able to run a game as massive as GTA V without either having some major down-scaling, massive load screens or having texture pop-in everywhere, so I am going to wait for it to be released on the PC. If the PC release never comes then I'll just end up waiting for a long, long time.

Maybe I'll pick it up cheap in a few years if the price drops, but for now I just don't have much interest in it. All the interest I had in GTA kind of dissapeared with IV when the game forgot how to be fun.

InvisibleMan

Mar 26, 2009
Today is the release of the Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl demo on eShop so, no, not playing GTA V any time soon! Especially since your save in this demo counts towards the actual game when it officially releases in October...

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
No Pc version, so no. Maybe when it's released for PC and the port isn't complete bullshit, i will.
But considering how boring i thought GTA IV was... i'll probably wait for a Steam Sale or something :p

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
I wont be playing it.

In terms of my tastes I personally prefer other sandbox games. I'm still enjoying Just Cause 2... still! Plus I'm a Saints Row guy. I've never disliked the GTA games, but have never been excited for any of them, just indifferent.

In terms of personal circumstances, I've got a bunch of University work to get on with this week, and over the next few months. I'm a 3rd year and aiming for a 1st honours degree so I'm going to be working my butt off and not gaming very often. On top of that I left my consoles at my parents' house while back in my Uni house, so any gaming I do is via my laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro L870-17X).

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I'd like to but I have my priorities elsewhere:

1) Pokemon is next month - got to get that.
2) I don't think my xbox would be able to handle the awesomeness, it struggles loading minecraft sometimes, I think putting GTA in might just push it over the edge.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Saviordd1 said:
Is it on PC?
No?

Then no, I won't.

(Due to Gregs review this thread might get real flamey real fast)
Just curious, if.when it does come to PC, will you be picking it up?

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I only play on PC. So that would be my reason. Though I'm not too interested in GTA games at all anymore, to be fair. I used to enjoy GTA III and San Andreas as a kid, but now it just seems shallow and boring. I never played the fourth game and I'll probably end up passing this over too, whether they release a PC port or not.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
I might do what I plan on doing with the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game. Wait for a "Game of the Year"/"Complete" Edition. If not, I might just buy it in a few days since I'll have some downtime anyways.

And I'll probably just get it for PS3, since the PC versions of the Grand Theft Auto series have always had issues for me after GTA 3. Incompletable missions, control issues(flight), SEVERE lag, have all been on my list since Vice City.

SadisticBrownie

May 9, 2011
Probably not until Christmas, though I am massively tempted. I'm off to Uni and taking a console with me means taking a TV and that's just too much. Not to mention how much it'd wreck my already poor work ethic.
So I'll just sit tight for now and hope to avoid spoilers. Would also like a PC release.

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
Picking up a copy, but not going to touch the game until the end of October, when semestral break starts and I no longer have papers to grade.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I won't be playing it. It could be the best Grand Theft Auto experience, but I have no interest what so ever. Not the biggest fan of open world sandbox games.

nickpy

Oct 9, 2010
At the moment, not me:
1. There's no PC version. Though I do have a PS3, I am deliberately not buying any games for it as I intend to sell it soon.
2. Escapist's Review seems to indicate the story is not something I would enjoy, as the characters are unsympathetic. Unlike some I do mostly play GTAs for the story and not for sandbox-ing.
3. I *hated* GTA4, which has rather soured me on the series.

San Andreas FTW :p

Nuvo

Feb 13, 2012
I probably won't be getting GTA V because:

• [li]I gave my 360 to my nephew (his overheats).[/li]
    [li]It's not on PC and will be a crap port if \ when it is.[/li]
    [li]Arkham City is out soon, and is on PC.[/li]
    [li]Watch_Dogs is out soon, and is on PC.[/li]
    [li]GTA IV wasn't great.[/li]
    [li]Why would I want to play as a horrible person, let alone three horrible people?[/li]
    [li]If I want to run around causing mayhem, I have Saints Row 3 and Just Cause 2.[/li]
    [li]I could do with saving to upgrade my graphics card and RAM, and a new HDD \ SSD wouldn't hurt either (Steam has munched on a lot of my 1TiB HDD and my 20GiB SSD is currently home to Linux).[/li]
    [li]Steam sales, Humble Bundles, GoG sales and other such things have left me with plenty to play (only just finished Tomb Raider and Deus Ex: HR on PC).[/li]
    [li]I'm currently busy re-watching Star Trek: TNG because Netflix said it'd shoot a puppy if I didn't.[/li]

GTA lost it's appeal when it moved to 3D and became all serious business.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Me! Me! I couldn't give a shit!

Yeah, resounding meh from me. I liked it back in the 2D days, but it's now less about driving round town and more about setting up your own criminal empire, and that doesn't appeal in the slightest.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
To be completely honest, I have no interest in GTA post-San Andreas. When I play GTA, I don't want realistic physics or driving, I just want to have crazy fun. That's why I've jumped ship and moved to Saints Row.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
Maybe if it's ever 75% off on Steam. Otherwise, I'm not really bothered. It looks kind of boring anyway.