Who here will not be playing GTAV?

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
RicoADF said:
To be fair Max Payne 3 on PC didn't have GFWL (I have the PC version) and ran well. Not a perfect endorsement but it's all I have at this point.

OT: Well I have the game, I'm just stuck at work for another 5hrs and 30mins..... not counting down much :p I played it abit last night and had a blast :)
Hey, thanks for the info. I didn't know about Max Payne not having GFWL. At any rate, that's hopefully the start of a trend.

Although, I guess rumours are that there won't even be a GFWL around next year anyway.

Anyway, I'm glad that people are enjoying it. The reaction from gamers seems to be almost fully positive.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
I actually took a day off work to play GTAV... and yet now the time is here I have no inclination to go and buy it. The reason? The positive reviews suggest that the game will consume my life; the not-so-positive (like The Escapist's) suggest that the game is morally reprehensible. So I will wait for GTA Online, because I have no moral objection to blowing up people I actually know.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
I won't, my backlog is too big already. I have about five AAA games to play on my PC, PS3 and PS Vita and a bunch of indie and cheaper games. PS plus doesn't help as its dropped Hitman: Absolution and Assassin's Creed 3 in my lap as well as Dark Souls for free, same for the Vita I have got to play some indie titles on that like Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark. On the PC I need to get around to playing Tomb Raider and Batman Arkham series, there are a bunch of other titles I got via Steam sales like the Alan Wake games. I am swamped by too many games, I cannot buy any more until I get some of these games played. I am on a time limit because the PS4 comes out soon and I will have mine on launch day (<3 Amazon!) so I need to play these games before then.

Luckily I have no 360 backlog, adding GTA V to that will just make things worse. I will wait and see if there is a PC version or PS4 version and see if I have played all these games.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
If it looks like a fun game to screw around in I'll pick it up when it's $10 or less. That may take a while, and it may not even be worth it. In the meantime I'll be continuing my Tales of marathon. Do I finish the sidequests in Abyss, start Symphonia or see if I can remove the 360 from the living room to play Vesperia.

Vegost

Apr 30, 2013
I would like too, I've been a fan of the GTA series since playing GTA II back in the day. However I am unable to summon that particular "ohmygod i have to buy it" craze that i sometimes get. GTA IV was, in my opinion, a turd. After the absolutely fantastic GTA San Andreas, it was a huge, gritty letdown. From the trailers and screenshots, they seem to have moved away from the whole ultra-realistic "viewing everything through a used coffee filter and cars that handle like a huge cat is sitting on top of it"-thing (to paraphrase Yhatzee). And then there's the fact that they insist on this whole moronic consoles first-release. I recently invested quite a bit of money in a new gaming PC to cope with the next generation of games. Although graphics aren't the most important part of gaming by far, the relative difference in power between the current and next generations of consoles means that the game will, in all probability, be hamstrung by the Xbox 360.

If i find a store that has the game (didn't bother with a pre-order, since Aliens: Colonial Marines i avoid it), I will pick it up. But between studies, part-time job and a baby i really can't see any point in prioritizing it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Waited for a couple of reviews (Greg's was well written in my opinion)
then someone linked me to what is being called the Most disturbing mission in GTAV
curiosity got the better of me and now I wish I'd never bothered.

[spoiler|Here be serious spoilers]A torture scene in which you, playing as Trevor use a variety of tools to torture information out of a guy, if his heart stops you inject him with adrenaline. The best part? you have to use all of the items to get the best score![/spoiler]

After that, no I won?t be partaking.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I won't be playing it, not now and not in the future. I was kinda keeping an eye on the game, but hearing what I have about the story and the characters, I feel no desire to go anywhere near it. It's just not a game that appeals to me. If I feel an itch for open world screwing around, I'll get Prototype or replay Saint's Row 3 or 4...

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Not on PC, had my sandbox fun with Saints Row 4.

On the bright side Takedown: Red Sabre is releasing on my birthday and my other Kickstarters are maturing as well.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Given that all the other GTA titles have been brilliant and that Rockstar is a competent developer it is difficult to see what could go wrong. As a PC gamer I'll have to wait though.

As for the story, well... I guess it all sounds a bit marmite? I quite like the idea of playing a group of bug eyed sociopaths locked in a spiral of destruction as they chase the american dream, but then I am fascinated by human wreckage and fast cars doing sick jumps off of ramps. I know people who loved the silent protagonist from GTA 1, 2 & 3 but never liked the direction taken in subsequent games.

Perhaps there is also the fact that if you didn't like the story from GTA 1 & GTA London then you could just ignore it as you progressed on your score rather than content completion. Maybe if they seperated the 2 and your access to weapons and stuff was exclusively tied to how much money you had, with the option of buying property and such to secure a regular income with some other reward escalators from doing stuff like stealing cars to order, finding collectibles, general stuff that is fun, then you could serve that section of the audience as well.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I can't afford it and I really shouldn't get it because I start my third year of university in a week or so. Christmas maybe.

SaberXIII

Apr 29, 2010
I won't be, for the simple reason that I don't enjoy sandbox games, least of all GTA. I know that sounds like a pointlessly broad claim, but I've tried out many sandbox games in my time and have found I greatly prefer being shackled to a particular chain of events. Each to his own and all that, but I've never really understood why people enjoy GTA anyway.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Me. I never really got the appeal of GTA, it just seemed like generic boring sandbox. Besides, I've got Saints Row 4, where you can dress up as a hotdog, run up a building, piledrive back down and squash an alien, then kill everyone in the area with a tentacle on a stick and weaponized dubstep. In terms of sheer sandbox mess-around potential, I don't see how anything can top that.

Apr 25, 2009
Could not give a shit about that over-hyped, creatively void and stupid fucking series, especially this latest one. Nah, not for me.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I might eventually get it, but it depends if it's any good. Since no review is any more detailed than "ZOMG GRAND THEFT AUTO 11/10!" I'll have to wait for some sober reflection as to whether it's worth my time.

Mothhive

Apr 2, 2010
Only own a PC, so haven't really got a choice. Also, I haven't really enjoyed a GTA game since Vice City (Still haven't played more than 30 minutes of GTA IV in the 3 years I've owned it...), so I'd probably end up waiting and getting it in Steam Sale when it eventually comes to PC.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
- Don't have enough money for a $60 game right now
- Has not been invested in GTA franchise
- Generally likes a different genre.

xWestie

Apr 13, 2010
I wouldn't mind playing it, but we're so tight on money for the next couple of months I'm saving anything I can for the new Pokemon games =/

Also, GTA IV didn't interest me so much.. I've not been as excited for V as the rest of the world seems to have been...

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I will not be playing it anytime soon because it is not on the freaking PC yet, GODS! I am almost tempted to buy a PS3 just to get it (plus the rest of its library) but I would gimp my ability to mod it.