Who is your Favorite Band Currently

Sccye

Sep 17, 2008
Recently I've really gotten back into Nightwish on listening to their new singer a little more. Dark Passion Play is a fantastic album.

Tying with them is Bellowhead, who are a deliciously wonderful British 13-piece folk / ska band. They have more fiddles than you can shake a stick at. And a WHITE SOUSAPHONE.

TheDean

Sep 12, 2008
well, my all time fav band is Trap Door

But the band i'm loving atm is Dragonforce.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
I have been listening to a lot of Metallica. Death Magnetic really got me hooked on them again. Though I have been listening to the classics like Master of Puppets and One more than the new stuff.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Bedouin Soundclash for me! That, and 'Capital Lights' has not left the CD player in my car since I got it. Can't...stop...listening!

And, for anyone who has ANY idea who these guys are: Skankin Pickle. Aww yeah.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Metallica (but only the 80's stuff because everything after AJFA was just decent or bad in my eyes) and Trivium

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
My favorite is by far Atreyu, definitely Atreyu. No band tops them in my mind.

But other then that I would have to go with System of a Down, Scars on Broadway, The Killers, MSI, and Blink 182.

Stevato

Oct 3, 2008
Has to be Metallica

I greaty recomend their new album, their beginning to redeem themselfs after that failure that was St Anger

if not Metallica then Definetly Nine Inch Nails, if anyone wants to try NIN go download their free album from their website :)

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
Turisas and Powerglove(Going to see both of them at the end of November!) along with Alestorm.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Hellion25 post=18.70643.702804 said:
Right now Black Stone Cherry's new album has been stuck in my cd player and on my MP3 player. It kinda made Slipknot's new disc its *****, even though I think the new Slipknot album is good too. I just love me some Black Stone Cherry.
Yeah, man! Black Stone Cherry is great. I've only heard their radio singles, but I love 'em all (except "Hell and High Water" :p).

My favorite band that I've been listening to pretty much constantly lately is Clutch. They have this awesome bluesy groove-metal sound, with great guitar work and vocals. Highly recommended.

Other fave bands are Tool, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, Led Zeppelin, Corrosion of Conformity, Black Sabbath. Rock on forever \m/

humpees

Sep 23, 2008
Iron Maiden. I'm aware of the fact they've been around almost twice as long as I have but that's just helped them hone their craft. Saw them at Twickenham in July, was simply fantastic.

Almost said they hadn't released a weak album... They haven't released a weak album with either Paul Di'Anno or Bruce Dickinson anyway...

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue
So many bands, so little time to choose...

Enskie

Jun 11, 2008
I'm not expecting many people to know about some of these, while others should be known by almost everyone, my current top 8(I just like 8, go to hell with your 10s and 5s), in no particular order, also with the song that I most listen to by them:

Emperor In The Nightside Eclipse - Towards The Pantheon OR Gypsy
Assemblage 23 - You Haven't Earned It
Muse - Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist (also titled Assassin) OR Newborn
Turbonegro - All My Friends Are Dead OR Black Rabbit
Alexisonfire - Keep It On Wax
Anti-Flag - Seattle Was A Riot OR Sold As Freedom
Flyleaf - Fully Alive
Mastodon - I Am Ahab (Though their cover of "One" was very good in my opinion)

Enskie

Jun 11, 2008
Eggo post=18.70643.699766 said:
Hah, thanks for the totally interesting and not banal suggestions :p

http://www.last.fm/user/eggothewaffle/

Believe it or not, music exists beyond the Western hemisphere.
Are we going by geographic or cultural "west" here, because Australia is in the East, if you look at a map of the world, we're almost directly south of China, Korea, Japan etc (well, the East coast is). Yet we've put out AC/DC, which is not my favourite band (not to say that I don't like it) but it's still recognised world-wide as being a good band hence its reputation.