Who is your favorite game reviewer(s)?

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Jeff Gerstmann in the official reviews.
And on YouTube AntiSocialFatman and SoniCH. They are great PC reviewers.

Naota_391

Mar 6, 2010
aLivingPheonix said:
I really liked Jeff Gerstmann, before he got fired. I haven't seen any of his stuff since then, though.

I also like some of Susan Arendt's reviews. They amuse me.

And of course... Yahzee.
YO HE DOES GIANT BOMB.

Mastercylinder

Jun 27, 2010
Well since Yahtzee's out of the picture: AVGN, Benzaie and Phelous when he switches gears and reviews a game once in a while (they are both featured on "thatguywiththeglasses.com")

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Snotnarok said:
Classic Game Room, classic games, new games, boxes for games, game systems, he reviews it all
http://www.youtube.com/user/InecomCompany

And Yahtzee.
Dude! CGR FTW! LOVED Mark's review for Sacred 2! Even if the game isn't the life-devouring hog I wanted it to be.

Also, I love AVGN and GameTrailers. GT Does good stuff.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
kyosai7 said:
Snotnarok said:
Classic Game Room, classic games, new games, boxes for games, game systems, he reviews it all

And Yahtzee.
Dude! CGR FTW! LOVED Mark's review for Sacred 2! Even if the game isn't the life-devouring hog I wanted it to be.

Yeah CGR is probably one of the only reviewers I trust anymore.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Snotnarok said:
kyosai7 said:
Snotnarok said:

And Yahtzee.

Yeah CGR is probably one of the only reviewers I trust anymore.
With good reason. They're entertaining and pretty honest in the reviews.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Underground Man said:
AVGN is good. I also like The Spoony One. I have a special place in my heart for people with lots of hatred.
Noah is the man. Professional reviewer? Micah C.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Jim Sterling and as for Yahtzee not existing, well that would be a godsend in my eyes as I can't stand him. Yes, I watch it but only because the hatred I get during his episodes proves to me that I am still alive.

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
Gamesweasel proberly, doesn't do anything funny but is fair to games and gives a good summary of the games.

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
Even now I don't read everything one reviewer writes, or even follow particular reviewers. If I want a game, I usually know without reading reviews. If I'm not sure, I'll read/skim a bunch of reviews I pull from metacritic or wikipedia; I don't care who writes them (though I will stay away from certain sites, like IGN).

The Zero

Mar 29, 2011
I quite like Spoony and Yahtzee, although the latter is obviously to be expected here, but I kind of watch them for entertainment reasons, not to persuade me to buy a game (especially with Yahtzee's Nintendo hatred and me being a bit of a Nintendo fanboy)

I also watch AVGN, which I enjoy, but it does tend to annoy me with the amount of swearing involved, but then thats all part of the schtick.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I wouldn't count Yahtzee, considering that although I love his videos and have watched them all a minimum of three times I don't actually take anything that he says into account.

If a a sequel is coming out that I'm already intending on buying then I pick up the xbox magazine, they do pretty in depth reviews of everything in there, but I only get that when theres something I'm already geared for since it's pretty expensive. For games I've not heard of I tend to stick to gameinformer.