Who is your favourite video game character?

Kyle1527

Jun 3, 2010
I'm just going to start by saying you can only select canon video game characters, not self made characters in RPGs. I've got to say that the most badass and probably the best character in video games is Ezio from Assasins Creed, I mean he single handedly managed to kill The Pope and kill tons of Borgia guards and also Cesare all while wearing his badass armour. Im pretty sure no one can best that.

Also I bet half of the people posting are going to choose Gordon Freeman - but I've got no idea why people even think he's such a great character.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
Gordon Freeman is a great character because he's possibly the most successful silent hero, who else could save the world with no words? Nah but seriously, if I recall correctly they didn't want to voice Gordon because it would break the immersion, Valve mentioned something along the lines of they wanted you to feel like you were Gordon or something... was a long time ago, I'm possibly wrong. But for me that's how I've always looked at it - and I think I've enjoyed the games more for it, I've never felt the need to hear Gordon's voice.

More on-topic though: I think I'm gunna have to go with Garrus, he's just such a damn bad ass. Nothing made me more excited/giddy than the moment in ME2 when you saw him again, especially the way it was done, I'm probably the only one who didn't clock that Blood Angel was Garrus though hah. Also... the guy took a friggin' rocket to the face.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I <3 silent/blank slate protagonists. They are essentially me, which makes them so much fun to play as.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010

He does have a personality, he isnot just some "refrigerator with no face". Gordon Freeman is that. Noble six HAS a personality and a damn good one.

Noble 6 is one of my favorites.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Nalbis said:
Gordon Freeman is a great character because he's possibly the most successful silent hero, who else could save the world with no words?
Link from The Legend of Zelda and he has done it many times more than Gordon Freeman.

I would have to say my favourite game character is Nathan Drake. Yeah, he's a mass murdering, relic destroying, wise cracking smartass, but he's the sort of bloke that I'd like to go for a beer with. Also his games are good fun.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Delta-Oh-Seven aka Sev

"Some people say that in order to achieve maximum combat effectiveness, they need to get into the zone. Sir, I *live* in the zone."

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
*looks at username* Yeah... It's Kefka...

I admire him because he knows how to get stuff done. He's not afraid to do whats necessary to achieve his goals and it shows. I mean, what other Final Fantasy villain can say that they successfully destroyed the world AND became a god. Lil' Sephy came close until he got cut down by mr. spikyhair and two friends, whereas It took FOUR people (one of which being half esper mind you) to stop Kefka and only after it was too late.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's FFVI spoilers in this post.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I haven't the foggiest on who would be my favorite. Not sure I really have one. They either suck equally or just haven't really defined themselves enough to me for me to make the judgement.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Are we just counting characters who are exclusive to video games,?

If so...

My vote goes to Private Augustus Cole- because nothing stops the Cole Train!

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
There are a couple. Too tired to decide. Random answer GO!!!!

Geno from Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. Such a boss.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Probably Geralt of Rivia. While he isn't an exclusive video game character, most people outside of Poland would probably know him as such.

First of all, I like his anti-hero vibe - much better than a do-gooder. I like his 'take no shit, don't fucking mess with me' attitude and wont be afraid to leech away your life before you even realise what happened if you did so. His milk white hair is also iconic and his scarred face speaks his character and history without needing a word. He is also a thinking man, not just rushing into shit but usually taking his time and looking for the best way around things. The choices he makes are also really cool, a kind of choose between evil or lesser evil mentality.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
crimsongamer said:
Delta-Oh-Seven aka Sev

"Some people say that in order to achieve maximum combat effectiveness, they need to get into the zone. Sir, I *live* in the zone."
Oh how I miss Republic Commandoes, although personally I loved Scorch most.

But OT:

I have to say I think my favourite game character is probably Thane from MAss Effect 2, all the more because he unfortunatley died in my game and so I remember his heroic sacrifice.

2nd place goes to Sheogorath in Oblivion/Skyrim

thibaut95

Feb 8, 2011
no,no,no not another who / what ... is your favourite thing. I refuse to cooperate... It's altair

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Off hand I'd write Master Chief. Nah, maybe Nathan Drake. Nah, the gal I created for Fallout 3. Yeah, I spent the most time with her. I named her Abe. I don't remember why.

Cette

Legacy
Dec 16, 2011
Country
US
Kyle Katarn

Between that beard and the massive balls it takes to turn off your lightsaber and start punching a sith in the face mid duel he's the epitome of star wars manliness.