Who ISN'T looking forward to another Elder Scrolls game?

TehBooger

Nov 12, 2010
Looking forward to getting flamed for this one, but I played 3 and 4 and can see a pattern of decline. Anyone else out there feel the same way?

Apr 28, 2008
At first I was happy, but not too excited.

Then they said they wouldn't be using the Gamebryo engine.

Now I'm super-duper excited.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
There's this thing called free time and class... I was looking forward to having both again. Oh well.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
hell to the NO!
i am NOT excited for a sequel to a game that i couldnt even play for 5 minutes without being bored
i TRIED to replace the hole Fable left in my heart after my mom took it away all those years ago with Elder Scrolls 3, but that game SUCKED! it was WAAAAAAAAY too big and the combat was slow and clunky. i never felt like i was actually HITTING anything when i swung my sword

i honestly thought oblivion would be better, but it turned out that it was just as bad, just with better graphics.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
"Who ISN'T looking forward to another Elder Scrolls game?"

Going out on a limb, but: Anybody who didn't like the others?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I'm lukewarm to another Elder Scrolls, really didn't like Morrowind, and even though I pretty much did absolutely everything there was to do in Oblivion, the only really interesting thing to me was the guild quests. The whole go to one demonic portal after another main story bored me to death and just frustrated me because by the time I got around to the main quest I was such a high level that any mobs would roll through NPCs and slaughter them damn near instantly.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
Morrowind was beautiful. Oblivion was bullshit.

I'm really pumped for Skyrim because it looks to make you actually matter as a person...unless you're just going to be the Dragon Born's clerk. They might pull that.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I played Oblivion, for like 400-500 hours, not sure, many different characters. And while I hate it today. I'm very excited for the new Skyrim, even if I wanted it to be set in Elsweyr or Black marsh.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Not me. I can't wait. Although I could never get into Morrowind, I adored Oblivion. I thought it was fantastic.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Jonathan Crowell said:
Looking forward to getting flamed for this one, but I played 3 and 4 and can see a pattern of decline. Anyone else out there feel the same way?
two points is not enough to infer a patern. However, i am a little afraid that the 5th game will be worse than 4, but i doubt it. over all this time they have seen alot of customer feedback on how 3 was better than 4 but in what areas 4 was more successful than 3.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I'm hyped but skeptical. Oblivion was terrible in comparison to Morrowind, hopefully Skyrim isn't that bad.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
If it fixes a bunch of things that were in Oblivion, the game has the potential to be great.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I'm going to assume that people who did not enjoy Oblivion, Morrowind or any other elder scrolls games will not be too excited about the fifth.

On the other hand, I'm really excited about it.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I don't know where this whole "series in decline" thing is coming from.

I played Morrowind and Oblivion---the writing was better on the former but the gameplay on the latter was honestly more fun, especially with a leveling-fix mod (like KCAS) installed.

Meanmoose

Jan 20, 2009
I was walking on air the entire day after the anouncment! Morrowind and Oblivion are two of my favourite games of all time. I just hope they removed the scaling monsters! Oblivion was pretty but leveling felt a little pointless in that game. And hopefully they'll make better animations this time^^