Who plays Terraria?

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
I've had the game for a couple of days now, and quite frankly I'm fucking addicted. It's that same addiction I got when I first played Runescape all them years ago.

Anyway me and my mate have it, we play online on our own private server through Hamachi which is great fun. What are your thoughts on this new drug?

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I fancy some more info. I have no idea what you're on about... perhaps a quick synopsis of the game?

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
Its alright, its not the 2d minecraft some people claim it is. Its focuses more on adventuring and exploring and less on building cool stuff.

Though the 'endgame' is a bit of a grind, you basicly play to get more loot. Right now I'm stuck, I lack the 'skill' to beat the bosses effectively and I can't find the gold needed to finish my equipment.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I played it for a few days and got bored long before I got to anything exciting. (like the bosses)

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Meee, it's brilliant.

Play LAN all the time with my.

However, I have all the best equipment, it was fairly simple to get, and now I want more bosses and armour and such.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Yeah I got mega addicted for a week, logging 53 hours in 3 days.
But after I had basically completed it twice and collected every treasure I stopped playing. I will probably play again in a month or so,once the updates accumulate.

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
Yeah, it's nice. I'm currently at top tier stuff and waiting for more updates before I dive back into it.
Also, me and my dudes are gonna have a lightsabre duel some day.

Delta-1138

Oct 22, 2008
people who cant afford minecraft herp derp.
I dunno tbh, Ive only seen lets plays on Youtube

Inithra

Jun 15, 2011
I have it, I have played it for a while, beaten Skeletron and most (all?) of the other bosses.
Aaaannnndd... now I'm done. I kinda wanna build an awesome castle type home, but I can't really be bothered, because other than "Oooh, building" I have no incentive. There's no objective, storyline, or real challenge.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
If you guys add me on Steam we could all play sometime, would be fun!. My Steam ID is in my profile :D

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Loving it. Its basically made me stop playing Minecraft because all the things I liked in Minecraft..Ie the fucking mining(building was nice but I have no imagination), are 100 times better in Terraria.

In Minecraft the map is 64 blocks deep. In Terraria, the large maps are...4800ft..2 feet per block..2400 blocks deep...

Let me allow that to sink in....

Terraria is 37.5 times deeper... specifically having 4 layers (dirt,rocky dirt, mostly rock, then hell) getting progressively difficult the lower you go. Also the monsters are far better and weapons and armor are actually INCREDIBLY important, there are NPCs who move in with you, a mother fucking grappling hook (2 actually), mining hats, moveable lights and multiplayer is very easy to set up and play. Oh and a dungeon, underground jungle and several floating islands on every map, and bosses you can fight.

So unless Minecraft starts giving me ice cream and doing my assignments im not going back.

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
*Raises hand* I've been playing since day one and have basically 'beaten' it. I agree that they need more updates but remember the game is still in its infancy. If you're on the fence its definitely worth it for the price you pay for the level of depth you get.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
WrongSprite said:
Meee, it's brilliant.

Play LAN all the time with my.

However, I have all the best equipment, it was fairly simple to get, and now I want more bosses and armour and such.
Same problem here. Shadowscale was way too easy to get though, thats the turning point of the game where progress suddenly becomes really fast.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
I like it plenty. I do have a nasty habit of starting fresh though.
Largely because it's depressing to see people with vastly superior cities o=

Currently trying to find out how to survive in Hell.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
My younger brother wanted to get Minecraft when I told him I played it, and last week he told me he found it online for free.
Questioning how he did this, and preparing to unleash unholy wrath upon him if he pirated Minecraft, I was unpleasantly surprised that he got Terraria instead.
He likes it, but I played it for an hour and got bored.
Its like going from WoW to Runescape.
Yes, its different, and yes its still fun, but everything is just so... less.

I play Minecraft to build, not to kill monsters.
If I wanted to kill monsters of fight bosses, I'd fire up WoW again. But that got old and boring, so I'll be going back to my 32 x 32 x 32 glass pyramid tyvm.

Nopodop

Jan 2, 2011
I love it. I'm kinda bored now that I can fly (jungle armour and rocket boots), got all armor sets and weapons, and have 10 platinum coins.