Who Should Be In a GTA V Movie?

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Who Should Be In a GTA V Movie?

Which actors would Hollywood cast in a Grand Theft Auto 5 movie, and who should actually be cast?

Read Full Article

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I find your lack of Christopher Walken...Disturbing. Otherwise I strongly agree when it comes to Patton Oswald as the creepy shut-in whose name I can't recall.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
I find your lack of Christopher Walken...Disturbing. Otherwise I strongly agree when it comes to Patton Oswald as the creepy shut-in whose name I can't recall.
20 years ago I'd agree, but even though Walken is a wonderfully accomplished actor, his age is no longer in that group's range. There's fantasy casting and then there's an element of not possible for this time period.

I'd have to say the 2nd choices are pretty spot on overall. Garret Dillahunt especially fits the mold, with his various roles in Burn Notice, Life (a 2 season series helmed by Damian Lewis, another actor that could easily fit the mold) and the other mentions.

I'd feel though that a GTA movie wouldn't capture the elements of satire well enough to translate the world it takes place in, as the negative aspects of this world are amplified to salt the GTA world's population with cynicism and apathy as well as high crime and near fascist government.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
You dare argue against the Cage? I feel ill. He sends a plague upon us!

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
. . . . James Woods as Trevor perhaps? I mean the character frequently sounds like the man so it would make sense would it not?

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Honestly when I saw Dillahunts face on this I immediately thought he'd be perfect for Trevor, not Michael. He's proven that he can easily nail comedic roles (especially the redneck variety) while also proving himeself a an intimidating presence in serious roles. Put them together and he's got that perfect mercurial uncomfortably funny attitude that defines Trevor down pat. Plus the I think he could easily look the part way better than Cage or Goggins

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Jason Statham, though. Crank is already basically 'average day in the life of a GTA protagonist'. He wouldn't be great for any of the GTAV characters, but if you were to ever make an original GTA movie, I feel like he'd be the obvious choice.

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
I'd cast Nicholas Hope as Trevor, mainly because the only film I've seen him (Bad Boy Bubby) in he is a dead ringer for that character

Course, that was back in 1993, so who knows what he looks like now.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
There is no point making a gta movie since we already have a gta movie, its pretty much any crime drama movie.

Stemer

Nov 22, 2011
Worgen said:
There is no point making a gta movie since we already have a gta movie, its pretty much any crime drama movie.
Heat: The Movie of The Game of The Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409IGgu-Utw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAY3U3_qfs

In their defense Rockstar have never denied this, and Heat is openly cited as a huge influence on the series in quite a few interviews.

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
Double A said:
No one.

El Portero said:
Frankly, Steve Buscemi should play every role -- for everything.
this is my dream world
Now I wanna see the Malkovich goes into his own hole scene from "Being John Malcovich" but with Steve Buscemi

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Janichsan said:
I have a far more important question: why should there be a GTA V movie at all?
QFT

I honestly don't get this odd obsession with making video games into films. Like, was the story in the actual game not satisfying enough for you? What would a film add? The story was a fairly boilerplate crime story, it doesn't need to adapted. The fun and innovation from it came from the richly detailed open-world, IMHO. And planning heists. Needed way more of that.

This is also strange when you consider that GTA V already used professional (though not especially well known) actors and mocap. Actors replacing actors is too meta for me.

Literally, what is the point of a GTA V film?