Who should play 007 Next?

Mar 26, 2008
I saw an article recently saying that Tom Hiddleston was in line to be the next Bond. After seeing him in The Night Manager, he gets my vote.

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
Tom Hardy is an awesome pick. He has done a ton of different characters and half the time I see the character, not Tom Hardy. Idris Elba is also a great pick. I would be happy with both of those characters.

One thing that needs a drastic recast is the writers. So much of the "classic Bond" stuff is either cut out or excruciatingly awkward. Like I get what Bond used to do is wrong, and not accepted, but what they did in Skyfall and Spectre is NOT the answer. Timothy Dalton's Bond at least got to know them and was sort of nice and respectful (expect a couple moments in Licence to Kill) for a Bond. More of that. Show us WHY ladies love him, give him traits that are like... attractive and stuff. Everyone says we can't have Bonds that take place in different times because each Bond show be for the generation of it's time. If that is truly the case, we need more evolution then just the setting and gadgets.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Wintermute said:
How about a woman then? Change the name to Jamie Bond, that's it. Replace the Bond girls with Bond boys, too. Easy money right there.

Why not make a completely new spinoff franchise then?

009 Jane Blake, up and coming officer in the MI6, and her latest assignment would be, say, salvaging the op in which 007 got killed (or rather, "killed")?

Kieran Freemantle

Feb 11, 2014
Why not make a completely new spinoff franchise then?

009 Jane Blake, up and coming officer in the MI6, and her latest assignment would be, say, salvaging the op in which 007 got killed (or rather, "killed")?
The producers nearly did with Jinx back at around 2003. Halle Berry and Michael Madsen were set to respite their roles and Stephen Frears was going to direct, but the producers had the good sense to cancel the film and reboot the franchise.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I am going with a radical pick. NOBODY! Put this tired franchise out of it's misery! It was cute and relevant for about 25 years. The past 25 years of James Bond have been really bad. It has been a shell of it's former hollow origins. Make Elsa the new James Bond and "Let It Go!"

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Not a black man or a woman, you can't bloody "Hermoine" your way out of the fact that James Bond is a Suave "upperclass" British white male.
I was done with the entire blackwashing of characters before it even became tangible but it's been increasingly pissing me off.
Not to say you can't do a movie like James Bond with a black person, you just can't god damn rework a character like tht.
And if we REALLY REALLY have to go with changing bonds ethnicity then I cross out "Too Young" Boyega and fill in Pedro Pascal.

or if we're going to be wild anyway let Rhod Gilbert do it.

Edit:

I surrender to the superior quality of Tom Hiddleston in The Night Manager.