Who would you rather see in "The Avengers"?

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
To be clear this is which Marvel and Avengers related characters you'd like to see, even if it's just a small cameo. Personally, The Falcon and/or Black Panther. Both of African decent, they'd bring some (in my opinion) much needed ethnic diversity to the team. (Black Widow doesn't count, and I'm sure they'll sideline Col. Fury). Back-up choice would go to Jimmy Woo from Earth 9904 just because he's an F.B.I. agent.

To expand on Black Widow, the reason she doesn't count is because she only sounds different. She still looks "Western".

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Owen Robertson said:
and I'm sure they'll sideline Col. Fury
Well, he is Samuel L. Jackson and he did pull out a rocket launcher in the trailer. Maybe they'll give him a decent amount of screen time.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I know this isn't really answering your question, but do you know who'd I'D like to see?

Ed Norton as The Hulk, that's who I'd like to see...but alas, I know it's not happening.

As for characters...hmm...She-Hulk is my favorite, but I'd rather her get her own movie than just pop up in this one (shutup, it could happen...)

I'd like to see The Watcher. I think it'd be really cool if The Watcher was observing the avengers movie and was used as a framing device to set up something even bigger.

hwarang

Oct 12, 2009
Could Wolverine cameo with the line "Go fuck yourself". PLeeeeeease, actualy can he do it in every movie ever.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I don't get the need for "diversity" here. It seems like it'd be "diversity" for the sake of "diversity."

That said, I want Vision. If we're talking diversity, I can't think of many minorities more sorely underrepresented than robo-Americans.

(I'm kidding about having him for diversity's sake, but I'd like to see Vision)

Also, HELLO SECOND CAPCHA IN FIVE MINUTES. Jeez.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Daredevil. No real reason why, I just like Daredevil. Plus, his super-senses could be very useful. Even a small cameo as Matt Murdock would be good enough.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
hwarang said:
Could Wolverine cameo with the line "Go fuck yourself". PLeeeeeease, actualy can he do it in every movie ever.
Sure just get FOX to give up their contract for "Marvel X-men characters and universe" movie rights.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
Who do I want to see in The Avengers? Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peel and Patrick MacNee as Mr. Steed. They will always be The Avengers to me.

I always get so excited when I see these threads about The Avengers...and I get all sad when I realize it is just the Marvel superheroes and not the British 60s Super Spies!

There was a thread about The New Avengers and I thought..."Oh! Joanna Lumley as Purdey! Nice! What is this thread going to say--oh...more Robert Downey Jr. *those* Avengers. Sigh"

Particulate

May 27, 2011
Owen Robertson said:
To be clear this is which Marvel and Avengers related characters you'd like to see, even if it's just a small cameo. Personally, The Falcon and/or Black Panther. Both of African decent, they'd bring some (in my opinion) much needed ethnic diversity to the team. (Black Widow doesn't count, and I'm sure they'll sideline Col. Fury). Back-up choice would go to Jimmy Woo from Earth 9904 just because he's an F.B.I. agent.

To expand on Black Widow, the reason she doesn't count is because she only sounds different. She still looks "Western".
I'd love to see a bit part from the Ray Stevenson Punisher. I've always loved the occasional back and forth that's cropped up between Punisher and Captain America.

Sep 14, 2009
S-Unleashed said:
DeadPool as Ryan Renoylds would make my day. In his real form.
this or have someone really witty yet sarcastic play dr. strange, that would be awesome.

i don't see the need for "diversity"...?

diversity for diversity's sake is...-_- ugh it's getting quite annoying and old. did you ever see a single person give a fuck about fat albert or fresh prince with diversity? hell no, we watched that shit and laughed to our hearts content.

i would say the boondocks but they have every race on their as they tend to make fun of tons of stereotypes(which is awesome).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Since Africa is one of the areas in crisis mode (it was mentioned in one of the movies leading up to the Avengers and shown on a S.H.I.E.L.D. map) it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect Black Panther to show up in The Avengers even if it is at the end of the movie and credits as a sort of, 'You took care of an annoyance, now let's get down to the real crisis' sort of thing.

As for who specifically should be in The Avengers? The Fantastic Four would be great for a cameo especially since The Quinjets was shown in the teaser. Also, Hank Pym (be he Goliath, Ant Man, etc) since he's an Avengers regular. Same with Vision AKA: The Marvel version of Martian Manhunter (only he's a robot instead of martian)

Of course there's a good chance that they'll be in the next Avengers movie or, movies since we all know the only thing that will stop this from being a series (or trilogy at the bare minimum) would be a Batman & Robin level flub.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
No one. TO be honest, as cool as The Avengers will be, I'd rather see massive amounts of hype towards a movie that's not based off of MORE comic books. Something original.

S-Unleashed said:
DeadPool as Ryan Renoylds would make my day. In his real form.
God, that would be amazing. I was so pissed off with whatever we were given in Wolverine, and Reynolds was awesome when he was speaking.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Deadpool by Ryan Renolds. That would really make the film for me.

ThatsBitch3n

Mar 25, 2009
Owen Robertson said:

Fuck. Not saying Hank Pym or the Wasp? Really? "Fuck having all the original team in the movie, lets add DIVERSITY!"

Firstmark_Bannor

Aug 11, 2011
I'd like to see one of Iron man's old comic book foes Titanium Man. He was the Soviet answer to Iron man in the comics. That would be awesome. Deadpool would also be cool, as long as he's NOT played by Ryan Renolds. I hate him as an actor. Stephen Colbert as Deadpool. Best idea of the year.