Who's sticking as a PC gamer this generation?

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
I am for one. I still think sticking as a PC gamer using GoG.com, Steam and Amazon will be the cheapest way for me,

None of the consoles seem to offer me any experience that the PC can't give me and just seem to actually get in the way of gaming what with the used games fees, and apparently an Xbox-live type service for Playstation.

So who else is just going to keep doing what they've been doing as a PC gamer - a couple of upgrades per gen (maybe even just one if this isn't a absurdbly long generation), kickstarting games, picking them up in the Steam sale, and getting cheap indie games via the Humble Bundle?

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I have no interest in consoles (besides the humorous wars and drama that they generate), so I guess that applies to me. I don't really upgrade my computer though, haven't since 2009. It still plays most of the games I am interesting in, and I can handle more modern ones on moderate settings no problem. Money is always an issue, too.

On top of that, the real reasons why I haven't bothered with consoles for year is the majority of the games I play are either exclusive to PC or just handle better on PC. Besides, I feel a lot more comfortable with a keyboard and mouse than I do a controller. So there's that, too.

I do enjoy the console wars though. They are fun to watch, seeing all the butthurt and drama and shit.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I've always been a mixed gamer, using both PC and consoles, and that won't change any time soon when I get a PS4 (I don't care about the MP fee as I only play solo games on console anyway), and obviously keep my gaming laptop for PC games from Steam[footnote]suck it Xbone, Steam is light years ahead of you[/footnote], GoG and Kickstarter.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I will never abandon PC as a gaming system. I have a shitload of games on it and I plan to get most multiplatform titles on PC. But I am getting a PS4.

I've always had a Sony console. There is just something about having a PlayStation that makes me feel complete and happy. It sounds fuckin' weird, I know. But Sony had won me over and I'm glad they did because not having a new PlayStation would be weird for me.

Apr 24, 2008
There's no way that I'm abandoning PC, I'm too invested.

I am interested in acquiring a PS4 though. Sony exclusives tend to be good-great and certain sports franchises either never make it to pc, or get butchered along the way.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I'm not sure. I might look into a PS4 or Wii-U eventually. At least the Wii-U looks like it'll have some exclusives I'd really like to have. The PS4 doesn't look too interesting yet in terms of games (no 'killer apps' as it were) but that might still come in the future.

For now though, I'll stick to my high-end gaming PC and my PS3. (with about 4 games on it.) Then, maybe in half a year or even a year I'll see again if I want one of the two consoles. If I have the money of course.

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
I have been a PC gamer since 94 and will remain so, my 6 year old has a X-box 360 and I am very meh about it. I didn't buy it for him and I don't allow him to play games without me around or for longer than an hour a day. I have rented games and tried several of the ones I already own and play on PC and I much prefer the keyboard and mouse to a controller as well as the resolution and game play. I can output my dual video cards to my HDTV if I want and I have a dual 27" screen setup on my desk so I don't really see a point of buying a new console. I have a wifi Bluray player that lets me watch Netflix and movies when I want. Plus I can download games on Steam and GOG so I haven't even bought a physical disc in 3 or 4 years. I built my current rig in 2010 and I haven't had to do anything to it beyond draining and replacing my coolant and patches.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Will continue to be a predominantly PC gamer, but I'll probably shell out for a PS4, and maybe for a Wii U as well because Mario Party.

Who knows? I continuously amaze myself with my inability to maintain a coherent plan of action.
Just like with this post.

Dec 14, 2009
I recently moved to PC and that's where I spend most of my gaming time nowadays.

That's not to say I've abandoned consoles though. I have a WiiU and will probably pick up a PS4 as well, I also have plans to get a 3DS in a couple of weeks.

I ain't touching the Xbone with a ten foot barge pole though.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Were I to have a large excess of money?
Yeah, I'd get both consoles for the exclusives.

Sadly I've got a future to invest in instead, so money isn't going to be easy to come by for a games console, and I'll probably just stick to PC instead.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Depends on what gets announced.
I'll probably get whatever console Persona 5 is coming out on so long as there's other good stuff on it. If the Nintendo conference goes good I might get a Wii U sometime soon but right now there's still fuck all I'd want on it.

Then there's the handhelds and the 3DS still having most of the interesting games on it so... I dunno. I've never "stuck" on one platform and I doubt I will this gen but I need some more interesting game reassurances first.

BlackMageBob

Nov 28, 2009
I'm liking the idea of a completely Microsoft computing/entertainment environment. Reminds me of some of their early demos of a smart house. The Xbone won't be added to my collection for a couple years, though. I'd prefer to see BF4 on my beast.

Jindrax

Aug 24, 2008
I'm a pc gamer, but I still love my MGS... so because of that bastard Kojima I'm getting a ps3 the day MGS4 releases.

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
I was planning on getting a PS4 but then Sony said that you need to pay to play the multiplayer in games.
Way to ruin something that was perfect.