Who's the Baddest Sci-Fi Species of All Time?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
VitusPrime said:
I will also raise the factor of

WHERE ARE OUR BUGS/NIDS!!!!

you could have put the Kilrathi (not sure if i spelt it right) from Wing Comander in XD
if you got captured you either were clawed to death or vapourised with a laser :p

again for those who missed

and for gods sakes the SITH arent ALEINS!!!
Well some SIth are alien like?

But yeah no Bugs/nids and Xenomorph makes this list BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
oliveira8 said:
VitusPrime said:
I will also raise the factor of

you could have put the Kilrathi (not sure if i spelt it right) from Wing Comander in XD
if you got captured you either were clawed to death or vapourised with a laser :p

again for those who missed

and for gods sakes the SITH arent ALEINS!!!
Well some SIth are alien like?

But yeah no Bugs/nids and Xenomorph makes this list BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
and BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD this list is!

stchivo

Jan 9, 2009
If they are gonna look at Halo, the Covenant were more "villainous" than the flood, according to the qualifications to make the list. How many worlds did the covenant glass in the halo universe?

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
So anyway i'd say any of the random spicies of animal that sci-fi channel mixes with a human on a monthly bases. like shark people, bat people, bird-people, and so on.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Sith don't really deserve the 2nd spot, they are evil though, very evil.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
The Colossi are neither villainous nor Sci-Fi.

Where were the Decepticons, or the Sharkticons and the other races of robots which inhabit Unicron?

What about the Necrons, Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines? Those are also a lot more Sci-Fi and villainous than Colossi, who are just neutral animals in a fantasy world.

Since they're also including entries from literature, where are the Wamphyrii or Mordri?

Finally since the list is title the 11 Best Villainous Species in all of Sci-Fi..., how could in not mention the species from the film Species, it's quite obvious really.

And why 11? Is that some homage to Spinal Tap or just a dumb arbitrary number? Surely a top 10 or top 20 would have made more sense...but then again, not a lot about this list does make any sense.

FistsOfTinsel

Jun 23, 2008
Pierson's Puppeteers, from Larry Niven's Known Space stories. You have to love a race that is so evil and smart that they manifest it as being extraordinarily cowardly and paranoid.

Similarly, his Slavers are also cool, in concept anyway; we never get to meet more than one, but it is a cool idea to make a species that so overwhelmingly powerful when it comes to controlling others minds that it is, in fact, rather dimwitted itself. Who needs smarts when you can effortlessly bend others to your will?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The sith aren't a race of beings, it's more like a way of life. *Facepalm* And how did the daleks get so low on that list?

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
The fuck are the colossi there for!? They are not even sci fi, thats fantasy...and the sith!? they are an organization consisting of many races, not just one so they are out too. Those two being there and maybe even the reavers (cannibalistic humans?) pretty much make this list incomplete and crap.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
UltramarinesFTW said:
um warhammer 40k CHAOS SPACE MARINES! they killed their own brothers cause they were told to......
Are they really a species though. From 40K I would have to say Tyranids and Necrons.

But this is actually a good list I'm glad the Goa'uld got in as people seem to forget how supervilliany they are. Sure they ruled for thousands of years only to get beat by MacGyver and the cast of Farscape, but still.

Slightly off topic does anyone else think that the bad guy in the move 300 was a Goa'uld?

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Very poorly thought out, IMO. Next time, there should be two larger lists: organizations and species. The Borg are more like an organization, the Sith are a very poor choice for the list for the same reason, etc.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Slightly off topic does anyone else think that the bad guy in the move 300 was a Goa'uld?
LOL he did remind me of Apophis now that you mention it...even had the demonic voice. Now that I think about it, the Goa'uld are a perfect explanation for the Persian empire!!

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
Chaos wasn't even on that list. Therefore, whatever shells over at that site trying to make up fancy lists if only to connect to a varied and generally estranged species (Sci-Fi enthusiasts or "nerds") can go eat dicks. I mean, seriously, Flood? Yes, I'm going to be afraid of a particularly persistent mass of oatmeal that has a bad habit of making you resemble shit. Now, if you want so real twisted fucks, take a look at the Combine, evil foreign dictators that will bombard a town with zombie-creating headcrabs instead of conventional explosives just to wipe them out, or the Tyranids; swallow your world whole, spit chattering little hellspawn out by the billions. And, no offense, I love the Daleks, but they -occasionally- have problems going up stairs and closed doors. And any persistent Stargate SG-1 watcher can understand how persistent (if sometimes clownish) a thread the Goa'uld can be, but they're understandably like one giant fighting family of royal in-breeds, with the majority of the population of the known galaxy under a hopeless slavery up until the eighth season, and were personified as vengeful gods; not unfounded, because I know when I saw a pissed off Ba'al or Apophis or Anubis, I shat bricks. That's go to earn them something.

Call me a fanboy, but my love of sci-fi reaches far and wide, and I just have to say this list was shit, and it could take paragraphs of justification to satisfy me regarding the "badness" of a particular species.

Oh, and COLOSSI? ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
Glad to see the sith made it, but I'm very disappointed that the Mandalorians did not make the list. And why eleven species? They want to one-up the top ten lists?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
-Seraph- said:
thenumberthirteen said:
LOL he did remind me of Apophis now that you mention it...even had the demonic voice. Now that I think about it, the Goa'uld are a perfect explanation for the Persian empire!!
I was JUST waiting for the glowing eyes.

For those not sure what i'm on about here are a couple of clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a44KxdCCOUk

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvfhW7MUsA

See what I mean. Weird voice, lust for power, everything gold.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
CountFenring said:
Not even a mention of the bugs (see Starship Troopers)! How can this be! Noooooooo!
No bugs? Pity. Badass designs on those things, though they had the misfortune to be stuck in a campily bad series of movies.