Whos the strongest starter pokemon out of all generations of pokemon not inclding home console?

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Hero of Lime said:
0takuMetalhead said:
Can't say who's strongest, but I've always been biased towards grass-type starters, specially Snivy.
With Snivy's hidden ability contrary combined with leaf storm and a few other good moves, it's rocketed up the ladder to become one of the most powerful starters. Which is fine by me since Serperior is my second favorite Pokemon.
Leaf Storm is somewhat of a monster on itself if you ask me. Same for the "lesser" version of it, for the lack of a better word.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have always thought that it went by whatever your playing style happens to be. For example, I always have the easiest time when I go for the water starter (Team Squirtle all the way), but I hate using the grass type starter. My brother on the other hand is the opposite. He has the easiest time when he goes for the grass starter and has a terrible time when he plumps for the water starter.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Squirtle, always squirtle.

I might not have played a pokemon game since...silver I think?
But I've never heard a "x, always x" saying about any other pokemon so therefore it must be true.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Blaiziken is the only starter to have been banned from competitive play, and THEN they added a mega form to it, so I'd have to say Blaiziken for this one.

Chlorophyll Venasuar can be a nightmare in sunny day as well; He was quite hard to handle when I played Black and White competitively.

*didn't read the thread first*

edit:

Froakie has the highest speed and a pretty impressive sp.att stat while having access to water pulse by level 18, so I'll go with Froakie

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
That depends on the generation, though I generally prefer fire starters myself, they're harder for the first few gyms, but they can blitz some of the later ones.

Golden_Gundam

Jul 18, 2015
Totodile because he has enough strength to beat any of the other water/fire types, then naturally learns ice fang that can win against grass.

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
"Strongest" really depends on your definition. If its from a competitive view bulbasaur, torchic, and fraokie win no contest since venusaur, blaziken, and greninja are very VERY good pokemon. Infernape also stands out as one of the better starters in competitive.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
You guys are all nuts, it's obviously MewTwo (Thanks ProAction Replay Codes! :D)

...what? The OP never said we couldn't use cheat codes. :3

the_dramatica

Dec 6, 2014
In terms of easiness? Probably mudkip. No grass gym in Hoen, unlike bulbasaur wich has to deal with a fire gym.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Tododile has some pretty sick moves. Granted their egg moves. Don't know if that disqualifies it.