Who's your favorite anti-hero?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
SomeBrianDude said:
Nobody going for the Road Warrior? Fine, I'll say it, Max Rockatansky.

"The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go."
They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well, damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give 'em back their heroes!

For me? Richard III is borderline, he is such a great character and you can really identify with his motivations has he goes about murdering his family and seducing their widows. probably more of a sympathetic Villain than an Anti-Hero though.

However Al Swearengen is my favorite, he doesn't seem like any kind of hero when the series begins. Give him time and you see that Al is the lesser of many evils, and he represents stability to the people of Deadwood.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
Dark Prophet said:
AgentNein said:
Dark Prophet said:
Aeon Flux - from the animated series not the one from the movie
That IS a good one. I'd put Trevor Goodchild on the list as well.
To me Goodchild is more of a irrational madman like more sophisticated version of Joker.
I can see that, but the more I watched the show, the more it felt like any warring between Aeon and Trevor was simply some weird passive aggressive love affair, and neither character was any more the villain than the other.

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
Why, Kira of course.
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/wallpapers/1024x768/d/death_note_kira_made_by_akula_-_anime-7949.jpg

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
SomeBrianDude said:
Nobody going for the Road Warrior? Fine, I'll say it, Max Rockatansky.

"The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go."
And thus was born the Saw franchise.

mushy262626

Feb 27, 2011
Thanatos5150 said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Lelouch off of Code Geass.
Well, he's more of an Anti-Villain, the only thing making him an Anti-Hero is the fact he's going up against an Empire that does much worse things on a daily basis. Well, that and he actually gets upset when he sees some of the things he's caused that aren't exactly... Nice. Such as...
The whole Euphinator business.
You are aware that the definition of an anti-Hero/Villain is "A Hero/Villain with few, if any, Heroic/villainous traits", correct?
Admittidly, I have no seen Code Geass, but if he acts villainous or not at all heroic, that you're looking at an anti-hero, not an anti-villain.
yeah, he is an anti-hero, not an anti villian, because he is fighting the bad guys but kind of being a douch about it. for mine, i chose shadow, i grew up with all my class mates loving sonic, watching the show where there was the green one, and playing sonic adventure battle 2 on the gamecube, we all thought that shadow was awsome

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
D'aww, you guys took Lelouch already.

I'll have to say Bass, and Light from Death Note. The more I think about it, the more I have to agree with the Note being used. Dunno if the same situation would happen IRL, though.

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Pre-soul and pre-chipped Spike, from Buffy, at the end of season 2.

SPIKE: I told you. I want to stop Angel. (snickers) I want to save the world.

BUFFY: Okay. You do remember that you're a vampire, right?

SPIKE: We like to talk big, vampires do. 'I'm going to destroy the world.' That's just tough guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Goodbye, Picadilly. Farewell, Leicester bloody Square. You get what I'm saying?

EDIT: Oh shit, how could I have forgotten?! Does Deadpool count?

New Vegas Samurai

Dec 12, 2010

Jesse Custer
Tulip O'hare
Proinsias Cassidy
And the Saint of Killers

Most awesome Graphic Novel I've ever read
and every protagonist is f***ing anti-Hero