who's your favorite stand up comedian?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Seanfall said:
Jonluw said:
Anyone here who has not seen one of Jim Jeffries's cramp-inducing routines needs to stop whatever worthless bullshit they're currently doing and take ten minutes to watch this right now. That's an order.
Seriously. Watch it, god damn it.
I'm not kidding. You will thank me.

If that video won't make you laugh out loud, you're a wrong person.
I couldn't breath. At first I didn't think he was gonna be funny, but...as it went on I just couldn't stop laughing.
I know, right?
I recommend checking out his stuff.
Here's a thirty minute piece. It's a two-parter, so you'll need to check the related videos for part two.

God damn it, why aren't the other people watching this?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Taran Furnell said:
Adam Hills, without a doubt

snip
Hey new'un. Welcome to the forums.
Watch this piece by Jim Jeffries.
Make sure to read the forum rules [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct], or your stay will certainly be a short one.

Oh, and a lot of people don't realize that you're allowed to swear as much as you fucking like here, provided you're not swearing at some cunting twat you've gotten yourself into a flamewar with.

And if you want to reply to a specific post, remember to press the 'quote' button. This makes that person receive a message saying they've been quoted.

And remember to stay out of the basement. It is a foul place.

Lastly: Seeing as you are a new user, I must ask of you to click this button.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
overpuce said:
Jonluw said:
Already quite aware of him. Love his work and I'm currently watching Alcoholocaust right now.

Afghanistan story is best.
Isn't that a fun story about a guy dying?

Hm. It's a tie between that story, last wish for a friend, and the vibrating egg for me.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
overpuce said:
"Sometimes when I'm fsking a chick, I'll go to fsk them again in the morning. And they'll say something like this: ... ... ... No."

Transitions to:

"Now the foreplay that's necessary for a man. We just need to see you naked. Maybe you need kisses, caresses compliments and licking but all we need is you. Maybe we take our relationship seriously"
Hm, the foreplay bit never was at the level of the longer stories of his in my mind.

The way he just abandons his talking about Noah and the ark to go "All pandas are a bunch of cunts!" and start ranting is awesome though.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
overpuce said:
Jonluw said:
I guess it's just the fact that I can absolutely relate to the whole "O Hello, I was just visiting dimply thigh" bit. I mean Jesus did some of my girlfriends need the journey portion of foreplay.
Yeah, I might've been lacking something in the relating department.
Foreveralone.jpeg and what not.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
Jimmy Carr
Jim Jeffries
Ricky Gervais

These are the best stand ups I have ever seen. No matter how many times I watch them, I am always reduced to tears of laughter.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
For me, it's probably a tie between Jeff Dunham, Lewis Black, and the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. (Yes, I know, but I don't care.)

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
George Carlin is my top, followed by Bill Hicks, then Dave Chappelle, then in no particular order: Billy Connolly, Demitri Martin, Kevin Hart, Steven Wright, Daniel Tosh, Gabriel Iglesias.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
The divide of the two sides of the pond is massive in this thread. I've never even heard of half of the American comedians being mentioned. (It's okay though America, we know we have the better sense of humour)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Rich Hall, that guy makes me laugh so loud the neighbours complain!

but I also love,
Dara O'Briain
Bill Bailey
pre 2000 Billy Connolly

jkvoller

Dec 18, 2009
Mine changes from time to time. At the moment, my favourite british comedian is Dara O Briain, and my favourite American comedian is Jeff Dunham

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Frankie Boyle, because he's just hilarious.
George Carlin, because he was just amazing at preforming, and his comedy was also really smart.
Dara O'Briain is also really, really funny.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
DrRockor said:
RUSSEL HOWARD
He's amazing!
Seconded! I'm actually gonna have to disagree with the OP on this one. I mean I do like Frankie Boyle but a lot of his routine just boils down to shock value in how offensive he is. There's only so many jokes he can do before I stop being surprised and just realise he has no boundaries.