Who's Your Gamer Crush?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Wow, I'm surprised the feminists haven't come to hijack this thread yet.

BanicRhys said:
Probably a toss up between Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles and Fang from FF13.
What type of 'toss up' are we talking here?

As for me, Tira from Soul Calibur IV. YUMMY!

Then there's Reco from Mushihimesama Futari.

Ayame from the Tenchu series has been a fav of mine since the very first game. Also, Rin from Tenchu Kurenai.

To a lesser extent, Victoria McPherson from Still Life, and Heather from Silent Hill 3.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Jeanne is one of my all time favourite.

TizzytheTormentor said:
Oops! Forgot Mitsuru!

You see that? That is awesome, sexy and swag given form! Look at her clothes! Have you met someone who wore a black catsuit, high heels and a white fur coat IN COMBAT!?[/QUOTE]
Oh c'mon man! How could you use that gif as an example when you can have this:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/49doQtG.gif

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
ninjaRiv said:
MrHide-Patten said:
People really need to get out more, it seems.
It's the same as saying you're really attracted to Scarlett Johansson. I am, very much so, but I get out enough to find plenty of other people more attractive. It's that kinda idea. Nobody ever said "fancy Halle Berry? You need to get out more." It's when it turns into stalker love that's the problem! Right?

I get that fictional characters are different, but imo it's the same basic concept.
I always thought I crush was a little more than just being attracted to someone. I mean yeah Halle Berry is hot, but that doesn't mean I have a crush on her.

That said I guess I distinguish fantasy form reality a bit better then other people. Like for the most part I don't "get" immersion I am always aware that I am playing a game, watching a movie, or reading a book even. I don't know I just don't get how you could get a crush on a character in a game. I mean I could admit that the character where written well, or hot I guess, but it's not the affection required for a crush.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Eddie the head said:
ninjaRiv said:
MrHide-Patten said:
People really need to get out more, it seems.
It's the same as saying you're really attracted to Scarlett Johansson. I am, very much so, but I get out enough to find plenty of other people more attractive. It's that kinda idea. Nobody ever said "fancy Halle Berry? You need to get out more." It's when it turns into stalker love that's the problem! Right?

I get that fictional characters are different, but imo it's the same basic concept.
I always thought I crush was a little more than just being attracted to someone. I mean yeah Halle Berry is hot, but that doesn't mean I have a crush on her.

That said I guess I distinguish fantasy form reality a bit better then other people. Like for the most part I don't "get" immersion I am always aware that I am playing a game, watching a movie, or reading a book even. I don't know I just don't get how you could get a crush on a character in a game. I mean I could admit that the character where written well, or hot I guess, but it's not the affection required for a crush.
Maybe it's just regular lust people mistake for a crush or maybe people see things that you don't. I'm actually like you, I can't seem to get fully immersed in anything but I can get immersed enough to like the characters a whole lot better than I like most real people. Maybe that says more about me and the people I spend time with, though...

Anyway, as long as nobody takes it too the extreme and marries these characters (I'm looking at you, Japan) then it seems pretty normal to me. I think it's kind of like... I don't see the attraction to supermodels while you don't see the attraction to fictional characters.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
The girls of persona seriously atlus knows haha. in terms of hotness yuko from persona 3 and probably rise from 4. But in persona i date everyone so I'd say aigis because she's hilarious and in love, yukiko because the game wanted you to date.

Also unrelated sheva is hot from resident evil 5 but so damn stupid.

PointZ3RO

May 1, 2012
I'd have to say Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and, when I was younger, I had a tiny crush on Rosie from Animal Crossing: Wild World. She left my town. I felt genuinely sad.

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
spartandude said:
Blokes - Lee Everett, he's pretty handsome and my god that voice! i mean he could read me a bed time story any day.
Game Gals - Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, pretty and intellectual who could say no. Yuna from FFX just as FootloosePhoenix put it 'hot and spunky'. And Dagger from FFIX my childhood was spent daydreaming about her; hands down my biggest gamer crush.

Game Guys - I agree with spartandude on Lee Everett that voice of his is silk to the ears. Also Artyom from Metro 2033 (not Last Light) for much the same reason.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Off the top of my head...

-Sniper Wolf (Metal Gear Solid)
Probably my favorite character from that particular game series, she just has this whole feme fatale allure about her that just draws me, and that voice! Mmmmmm....

-Holly Summers (No More Heroes)
I don't really know how to describe what really draws me to this character but she manages to be the solitary character from that game I would ever want to even be in the same room with, let alone the same bed!

-Para Medic (Metal Gear Solid 3)
She seems like the kind of girl I would want to date in the real world, she's cynical but caring, cute as hell, and we'd be able to spend our first date back and forthing about Godzilla trivia for hours!

-Tali (Mass Effect series)
For me, the fact that you still couldn't romance Tali as a girl in Mass Effect 3 was far more disappointing then the ending ever could have hoped to be.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Another vote for Merril. One of the reasons I simply cannot dislike DA2. Might be a cliched sad puppy, I don't remember, but she's simply adorable. And sorry, I'm too lazy to look you up, but thanks to the person who pointed me to her voice actor: +1 for Merril.
Also: Chell.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
I admit to having a crush on Persona 4's Yukiko. She's kind, intelligent, and oh so cute. I can't help but smile when I hear that laugh of hers. She's just such a pleasant person.