Whose Line Is It Anyways? RETURNS!

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
Drew may be gone, but Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, and Wayne Brady return to the improv scene with new episodes!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=100998

"Whose Line Is It Anyway?'s" Colin Mochrie just made a lot of fans of the show very happy, announcing on Twitter that the improv show is coming back. You can check out his Tweet here https://twitter.com/colinmochrie/status/307490163267862528 .

The show started as a British radio program before moving to television in 1988 as a series on UK's Channel 4. Following the British run in 1998, ABC began airing an American version, hosted by Drew Carey, which lasted another eight seasons.

Talking to The Wenatchee World, Ryan Stiles revealed that he will also return to Los Angeles in April for a new season. Comedian Aisha Tyler will host this time around.

UPDATE: Here's the press release from The CW about the return of the improv show!

The CW is going for laughs this summer by ordering a new take on the hit improvisational comedy series, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?, hosted by comedian Aisha Tyler ("The Talk"), it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW. Premiere information will be announced at a later time.

The CW's WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? features the return of Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie, who along with a special guest each episode, must put their comedic skills to the test through a series of spontaneous improv games. Prompted only by random ideas supplied by the studio audience and host Aisha Tyler, our four performers must use the little information they have and their wild imaginations to depict different characters and an array of scenes, as well as perform songs. After each round of improvisation, Aisha will dole out points to our four performers and declare a winner at the end of every episode.

Based on the wildly successful U.K. format, which also spawned a previous incarnation in the US that ran for eight seasons on ABC, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? is executive produced by Dan Patterson, Mark Leveson, Jimmy Mulville, Ryan Stiles and Wayne Brady. Co-created by Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? is from Angst Productions and Hat Trick Productions.
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=100998#T4m0AL0MpObYXBME.99
I hope this means Greg Proops and Brad Sherwood returns as well as the usual 4th members and hopefully, some new comedic faces as well. Hmm...what exactly is Dave Chappelle doing these days?

Anyway, I'm hyped as heck for its return! My favorite moments were mostly about the dynamic duo of Ryan and Colin, but best moment have to be this:

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Woot! Can't believe I actually just said that, but...Woot!

Fucking love this show.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Fuck YES, I loved that show and I can't believe that it was discontinued.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
*Hyperventiliates*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gaawssshhh yeeeeessss :D

You have no idea how my chest fluttered when I read this thread title!! I loved Whose Line Is It Anyway so much!! :3

Colin & Ryan are like the perfect comedy duo for me! And Wayne Brady is hilarious too, and a good singer!

WOOHOO!

[small]User was banned for: It's Chico Time! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/520.401227]. (Permanent)[/small]

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
As soon as I read this, I had to send out of few links to people right before posting this. This has made my whole day (of which has only 10 mins or so left in it, but it is that good).

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011

This is probably some of the better news I could read around here. That show was genius.

Now I won't feel complete until I know the date that it's coming back.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
This is the best news ever! If anyone was going to go, I'm glad that it is Carey. He was funny, but Stiles, Mochrie, and Brady were geniuses.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I still find it weird that Colin Mochrie's kid does stuff for That Guy With The Glasses.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I like Ryan and Colin, they're great... but honestly, I wouldn't have cared unless Wayne Brady was confirmed to be back too. WAYNE BRADY IS AWESOME. He made the show for me. This is great! It's just too bad nobody is going to watch it and it will get cancelled again after a season. I'm sure the dedicated fans a few casually interested people will tune in, but the attention span of networks seems to be fading for shows that aren't MASSIVE successes. A small but dedicated fan base won't cut it.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
OOOH YEAH! This is going to be so boss. Hosted by Aisha Tyler? Hope she's up for it, she's diving into the danger zone!

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
This may make me return to TV for a source of entertainment. Can't wait:p

Any reason why Drew Carrey isn't there anymore?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I'm completely okay with Drew not being there anymore, he didn't bring anything to it except for his "star power".

Aisha Tyler will be a good replacement, looking forward to having this show back.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
AC10 said:
I still find it weird that Colin Mochrie's kid does stuff for That Guy With The Glasses.
Same here. I'm surprised not many people talk about that. :p

OT: I might be one of the few people who'll miss Drew Carrey, but if it means having the rest of the crew back, I have no objections! :D