Whose voice do you want?

II2

Mar 13, 2010
I was watching some Egoraptor stuff on Youtube lately and it got me thinking about voice acting - both his own and in general. Anyone who has tried to emulate another persons voice will understand that there are certain limitations you can't overcome. Also, anyone who ever has recorded their voice and heard it played back will realize you don't even sound like you think you sound.

Anyways, to borrow or to keep, whose voice would you love to be able to elucidate and enunciate with?

Personally, I think I might like to adopt a Tony Jay.

His baritone rattle rolls out languidly like sinister chocolate syrup. It's awesome.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I would give almost anything for the chance to have H jon Benjamin's voice. It's the most soothing yet paradoxically gruff voice I've heard.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
ZehMadScientist said:
I want the voice of the Mortal Kombat announcer. Every oneliner I say will be 110% more epic.
I can actually do his voice pretty well. I can also do the DBZ narrator voice.

OP: I have a somewhat limited range, but I have done a lot of different voices over the years. Considering I have DMed about 4 1/2 campaigns so far and did my best to give characters distinct voices (and failed mostly) means that I at least get to practice a lot :p

One friend of mine can do TONS of voices, many of which almost flawlessly emulate what he's going for. I am tots jelly.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
I would like to have the voice of Christopher Lee, Sean Connery or Patrick Steward.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone that doesnt say Stepehen Fry is either lying or an idiot.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Liam Neeson, so I can scare my friends by calling them and saying "I don't know who you are, but if you don't let my daughter go, I will find you, I will kill you"

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Jon Stewart for the sake of reading out random nonsense every day while still sounding hilarious, yet serious.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Hmm, tough choice. Having Brian Blessed's voice would be damn good but then so would Stephen Fry's, or even Alan Rickman. I think I shall have all 3, Brian Blessed for shouting, Alan Rickman for being sarcastic and Stephen Fry for day-to-day use.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
him over there said:
I would give almost anything for the chance to have H jon Benjamin's voice. It's the most soothing yet paradoxically gruff voice I've heard.
Good choice.
I'll have to go with Steven Blum though.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
II2 said:
-Tony Jay snip-
Congratulations, you managed to ninja me with your OP.

Ah, Tony... you'll always be in my heart for your role as the Elder God. Rest in peace, you great man.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Captain Jean-Luc Picard's voic of course!
also known as Patrick Steward in this world.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
The first one that comes to mind is Christopher Lee's voice. Yes, the more I think about it, the more certain I am. Lee's voice is pure, undiluted power and I love it.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
The guy who was the narrator in Bastion.He had a pretty awesome voice

Edit:Logan Cunningham is his name