Why all the Michael Cera hate?

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't dislike him, but it seems a lot of people do. I'll admit my judgement may change in the future if he doesn't try doing a role other than "Awkward teen", but as it stands he doesn't ruin movies for me in the way Seth Rogen does.

So do you hate Michael Cera? Why or why not?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
His voice just annoys me. That's really the only reason.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Some people have a face that makes you furious. It evokes an irrational and primal feeling that just makes you want to punch them.

At least that's my reasoning.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Marter said:
His voice just annoys me. That's really the only reason.
Thats understandable, I'd have to admit that a good 60% of all actors I've wanted to stab in the voice box at one point or another

Mr. Elemenopee

Jul 28, 2010
No I don't hate him at all. I personally think he is a mediocre actor, but his career is just starting, so lets see him grow. I mean not all of our favorite actors started out amazing.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
I think he's adorable.

That being said, he has only one role he can play extremely well, so depending on how you look at it, he's either a pretty bad or pretty good actor.

Sea Auteur

Jul 3, 2010
His acting is average, he plays the same character in almost every single role, dripping with fake awkwardness. His voice is slightly annoying...

I could handle any one of those, but when they're all combined...

sharkinz

Apr 26, 2010
I don't think anyone actually hates Michael Cera, I think the problem is that he only has one role. Every character he plays in pretty much the same, he is type cast in every role and thats too bad because he potentially could be a good actor if he was given a chance with a serious role.

masseyguy911

Aug 6, 2010
Hubilub said:
Some people have a face that makes you furious. It evokes an irrational and primal feeling that just makes you want to punch them.

At least that's my reasoning.
I agree, just something about that guys face makes me want to punch him...

May 5, 2010
I don't necessarily hate him, but he does annoy me. His voice is ridiculous, he should look at least a little older then he did in Arrested Development. Also, he always plays the same character in EVERYTHING.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Old Trailmix said:
It's just the fact he's the same person every time.
So is Clint Eastwood, but I'm guessing you don't mind that.

OP: As for Cera, I like him. He's a good actor.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
because of the joke " can anyone tell me the name of that movie where Micheal cera plays an awkward teenager" 1 trick pony

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
I bet Jesse Eisenberg hates him more than anybody cause people always confuse him with Michael Cera (or at least I do).
Anyway, it's not that I don't like him, it's that I don't like his movies. I only liked Superbad barely out of all of his movies. All the other movies he was in just doesn't appeal to me.

Apr 19, 2010
His voice and how his character is always the same, and seeing as how he's not permanently a white, nerdy teenager he won't be of use in a few years.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
The Austin said:
Old Trailmix said:
It's just the fact he's the same person every time.
So is Clint Eastwood, but I'm guessing you don't mind that.

OP: As for Cera, I like him. He's a good actor.
Yeah, but Clint Eastwood plays a badass every time. Also, you definitely wouldn't want to try and punch Clint Eastwood, he'll kick your ass. Michael Cera does not play a badass, he plays a wuss, and he has a very punchable face, which I am confident I could clobber without much opposition.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I like him enough. He's a decent actor.

To bad he's going to be type-cast for the rest of his career.