Why are some people upset over the boodborne pc petition?

Aetrion

May 19, 2012
In my oppinion it's getting a bit silly with all the "PC Master Race" stuff.

I'm a PC gamer. Never owned a console in my life. While my friends were playing Mario I was playing Monkey Island. To me asking for a port of Bloodborne has very little appeal. I played Dark Souls 2 on PC, and had a lot of fun with it, but as good of a game it was, it was a crummy port. I returned Dark Souls 1 on Steam, because it didn't work at all with a mouse and keyboard. So, I expect Bloodborne on PC to be probably a decent game, but not exceptional.

My experiences with Dark Souls 1 and 2 on PC made me think though, that the reason I'm ultimately a PC gamer isn't because I have some kind of weird sense of loyalty to the label, or because I'm a graphics snob, or anything like that, but simply because I enjoy sitting at a desk with a mouse and keyboard while playing games. Both games of the Souls series were poorly adapted or downright incompatible with that.

So to me this whole idea of "We need to have this game on our platform so we aren't left out" is just silly, because I know that Bloodborne won't be as good on PC as it is on consoles. (Ok, the load times will be much better) So if I don't care to get a console and experience the game at its best, why should I care about getting a lesser version of it on my PC?

Def25

Feb 24, 2015
Silentpony said:
Funnily enough, there were a few articles not too long ago detailing just how much a true gaming PC would cost.
Here's one for GTA V at full spec. Cost was around $4,000:

http://bgr.com/2015/04/16/gta-5-4k-resolution-pc/

And here's another on what it'd cost to get up to Xbone/PS4 spec and then to keep upgrading to keep up with new games. Up front cost was $600-$700, with roughly $100-$200 upkeep for new parts every few months.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/pc-vs-ps4-xbox-one-how-to-upgrade-pc/

So I wasn't too far off with my $3k snarky quip.
Why are you talking about 4k when the consoles can barelly reach 1080p?

I wouldnt take anything from digital trends seriously, it actually claims that old pcs are not on par with the consoles and you gonna need new expensive ones yet so far it has been proven that they can keep up. That was from 2013, it is 2015 and just now they start show weakness. That article doesnt keep in mind that you have to pay for mp and that games on consoles cost more.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
They cried about the PC GTA V petition too, look what good it did them.

There is only one reason to have a problem with other people getting to play with what you played with: Selfishness. Like little children getting mad when someone else plays with their toys. Those kinds of console people are just desperate for their platform to have something PC doesn't. So instead of being 100% inferior, it's just 99%.

And to those uninformed people quoting prices for gaming PCs, you don't know what you're talking about. At all.

My CPU was released in 2009. Core i7 860.
My Video Card was released in 2012. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

My motherboard and RAM is even older and guess what? I can still max or near max most games. It didn't cost more than $1400 new, and my video card was upgraded for free by EVGA because my old one died and they have good support. When you upgrade your PC, it only needs to be one part at a time. And things like monitors, keyboards, mice, drives, RAM last much longer than everything else. The only thing that might need to be upgraded once per 2 years is your video card.

Don't buy the cheapest or the most expensive and you'll be set for several years without spending all that much.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
I want to play Bloodborne on my PC probably as much as the next person, but this particular petition is simply pointless. Sony owns the rights so no amount of ass-kissing and/or demands is going to change that. That's the main reason it's bashed.

I wouldn't worry about its exclusivity that much, though. In a few years we'll probably get our own, multiplatform "spiritual successor" to Bloodborne, just like it happened with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

asdfen

Oct 27, 2011
PC is always has and will be better than consoles. Forinstnace if they ever release it on PC loading times problem would solve itself as well as FPS problem as well. This is why I doubt it will ever come to PC as IP is probably owned by SonyDevliTM and they are using Bloodborne to promote their gaming console without any games that is lacking a general purpose - PS4.

This kind of shit promotion is aimed at me as I find myself actually thinking about purchasing the console now and its battle of common sense vs feelings now.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Def25 said:
As for how informed my opinion is on bloodborne and dark souls? i finished dark souls 1, i stopped playing dark souls 2 after a while and i have watched bloodborne on streams, enough to know that the patch really changes the damage output, attack speed and item drop.

So no unlike "fanboys" i cant make a detailed analysis and comparison, but its nothing new, it is like dark souls 2 that we played a few months ago and ironicly lords of the fallen which is based on dark souls feels more "diffirent"
BB plays very different from Dark Souls, I don't even consider Dark Souls a good game whereas Bloodborne is pretty good because it fixes/removes a lot of shit that From isn't good at like RPG mechanics. Dark Souls had a stat that did nothing, a magic not tied to a stat, and Dex characters that could block anything; its RPG mechanics were horrible.

Def25 said:
48 second load screens.
asdfen said:
PC is always has and will be better than consoles... PC loading times problem would solve itself
It's not PS4 hardware that caused the long loading times, it's From being horrible at the technical aspects of making a game. It's the fact that the game reloads EVERYTHING back into RAM when it doesn't have to, PCs work the same way (load from HD to RAM); loading mainly comes from how well the dev utilizes RAM so you have to load from the HD as little as possible. Same thing with the framerate issues in From games, both the PS3 and PS4 can easily push the graphics (for their respective games obviously) that the Souls games and BB have as neither aren't very graphically impressive even for PS3 or PS4 games.

Aetrion said:
I'm ultimately a PC gamer... because I enjoy sitting at a desk with a mouse and keyboard while playing games.
I'm a console gamer for the exact opposite reason, I hate the keyboard and mouse (mainly keyboard, it's for typing) and I hate playing games at my computer desk. Yes, I know you can use a controller and output to a TV using a PC.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Def25 said:
That article doesnt keep in mind that you have to pay for mp and that games on consoles cost more.
And PC gamers don't keep in mind that console games are cheaper because you can SELL them, I don't even recall the last game that I spent over $20 on (and I buy quite a few games on release day). Also, PS+ has only made gaming cheaper for me, not more expensive, I've been a PS+ subscriber for years because it saves money; I even kept up my subscription when I was unemployed due to it making gaming cheaper.